• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
2 months ago#1
Especially after you've gone triple Quadruple dps and 1 tank. I like being able to actually defend myself.
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: Goldar

Goldar
2 months ago#2
You're just as much a problem in that situation as your team.

I get the frustration on your part. Seeing teammates autolock triple or quadruple DPS without anyone switching is highly demotivating because you know the odds are heavily stacked against your team from the get-go. We've all been there, so we're all well aware of how much it sucks. Even so, choosing to solo heal as Zen when you know how small his healing output is is throwing. You seriously could not pick a worse character to do it with and the inevitable loss is just as much your own fault as it is everyone else's.

I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with this thread, but you won't get any sympathy from most of us. I could understand a topic complaining about the team picks, but not a topic along the lines of "if teammates do this, then I'm not even going to try". Be part of the solution, not the problem.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
2 months ago#3
Solo healing as Zen seems like the worst possible pick.

Slow health regen through shields,
No CC, peal or escape
Most vulnerable healer.

If you hard pick and are stubborn, you accept all the losses caused by it, Run Moira, Mercy or even Lucio in a solo healer situation if you want to win.

The life of a flex is often solo healing or tanking, so pick the best one for the job to your skillset, Zenyatta is a great pick in 95% of situations, don't hard pick him in that last 5% that he's not.

FrisbeeDude
2 months ago#4
If I'm gonna lose solo healing, I'm playing offense too. sorry not sorry for choosing not to be a bullet sponge(aka playing mercy in a terrible team comp) for thirsty Play of the Game tryhards. 7800 healing (3500 in transcendence) last game and we lost. You dont wanna add a 2nd healer or pick characters that can self heal? Oh well.

edit: that's on top of a 45 percent kill participation rate.

AzaneAzer
2 months ago#5
FrisbeeDude posted...
If I'm gonna lose solo healing, I'm playing offense too

Everyone else isnt trying so why should I.

Says Everyone
Who would have tried
If anyone else did
but nobody else tried
so they didn't

Enjoy your self attained losses, and don't blame the other 5 people not trying (that you also call tryhards), while you don't try.

FrisbeeDude
2 months ago#6
AzaneAzer posted...
FrisbeeDude posted...

Says Everyone
Who would have tried
If anyone else did
but nobody else tried
so they didn't

"conform to our terrible comp or you're a thrower"

cool.

User Info: BA2929

BA2929
2 months ago#7
FrisbeeDude posted...
If I'm gonna lose solo healing, I'm playing offense too. sorry not sorry for choosing not to be a bullet sponge(aka playing mercy in a terrible team comp) for thirsty Play of the Game tryhards. 7800 healing (3500 in transcendence) last game and we lost. You dont wanna add a 2nd healer or pick characters that can self heal? Oh well.

edit: that's on top of a 45 percent kill participation rate.

These stats are meaningless if you were on a bad team and solo healing as Zen. And 7800 healing is pretty low to be quite honest.

Had you actually picked a solo healer then maybe your team could have won. If you want to win, sometimes you have to take one for the team.
"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there."
- Bill Madlock, Baseball broadcaster

AzaneAzer
2 months ago#8
FrisbeeDude posted...

6 people throwing because of the other 5 people is still 6 throwers. Stop being part of the problem.

User Info: Goldar

Goldar
2 months ago#9
FrisbeeDude posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
FrisbeeDude posted...

Says Everyone
Who would have tried
If anyone else did
but nobody else tried
so they didn't

cool.

If you recognize a problem and choose a character that you know is just going to make things worse, then yeah, you are a thrower. With an attitude like that, you really shouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously. You deserve every loss you get.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
2 months ago#10
OP did nothing wrong!
I Never Die!!
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy
  • Topic Archived