• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Doomfist needs a rework, not a nerf.

User Info: BakusaiTenketsu

BakusaiTenketsu
1 month ago#1
Doomfist, with his ability to knock heroes around like helpless pinballs, is also in line for a nerf, though Kaplan has “nothing specific to report right now.”

https://kotaku.com/jeff-kaplans-plans-to-combat-overwatch-fatigue-1830295758

There's also commentary on how Ashe is not a Boop character despite having a Boop move, and the devs trying to combat the current boop/stun meta.
http://tinyurl.com/ozuq4pq
http://tinyurl.com/zy566j2

User Info: Canned Toast

Canned Toast
1 month ago#2
"She has a knockback on her, but you’re not gonna see Ashe running into the fray with the specific intention of knocking people over edges"

Seriously Jeff?

User Info: ReturnOfThaJedi

ReturnOfThaJedi
1 month ago#3
Just when I was gittin god with him
https://vine.co/v/OnxDJZlq5nF
Wuz Brackin?

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#4
Canned Toast posted...
"She has a knockback on her, but you’re not gonna see Ashe running into the fray with the specific intention of knocking people over edges"

Seriously Jeff?

Jeff's right, there's no advantage in using an easy ability to 1 shot any hero, including 400-600 hp tanks.

Ummmmmmm.... >_<

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#5
He talks about people giving up on the game and not coming back. Yeah because you keep ruining heroes and adding terrible fun-ruining mechanics to the game and refuse to balance heroes that are so clearly overpowered whilst nerfing characters that NOONE has complained about. It's ok to listen to pro players sometimes but not when a pro player has done nothing but main one character and got so good with him on a tournament that you feel he needs a nerf for everyone else. That is NOT a good change. (RIP Zenyatta's secondary fire)

They've also ruined Symmetra for me, I know a lot of players still feel Mercy is ruined and if they nerf Doomfist then i feel like he's going to be ruined too. Doomfist has only got strong recently but he's still a high skill character and is hardly overpowered when you compare him to Tracer/Hanzo/Genji.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#6
LMAO whoops
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots
(message deleted)

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
1 month ago#8
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
Terenigma posted...
It's ok to listen to pro players

No it does not. "pro" players make up 2 percent of the total player base, being generous.
The league is cancer, and deserves no credit whatsoever for liking the smell of their own s***.

The balance state of Overwatch is so inconsistent. At one point, devs are balancing around OWL. At another point, they're balancing for the masses. I can give credit to League for at least consistently balancing around pro play. Makes pinning problems down a lot easier rather than play Tug-of-War with Jeff's philosophies.
3DS FC: 2036 - 7930 - 8344 Name: William
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: BlackAmaterasu

BlackAmaterasu
1 month ago#9
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
Terenigma posted...
It's ok to listen to pro players

No it does not. "pro" players make up 2 percent of the total player base, being generous.
The league is cancer, and deserves no credit whatsoever for liking the smell of their own s***.

They play the correct way so I’d rather they listen to them than you or anybody else that’s not GM

User Info: JupiterItachi

JupiterItachi
1 month ago#10
I knew Doomfist would be getting nerfed eventually.

I literally cannot watch a high level streamer who's a Tank main and not hear "F U DOOMFIST" atleast ten times within 3-4 matches. I don't think he's broken, I just think poorly designed. With his current kit, depending on what Blizzard decides to buff/nerf, he always seems like he's going to either be useless or completely insanely good, nothing inbetween.

The stun/hack/boop meta has turned me and a lot of people off to this game right now and I'm happy to hear Jeff atleast acknowledging he understands it's a problem. Hopefully something changes.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Doomfist needs a rework, not a nerf.
  • Topic Archived