What else can they add to make this game more SJW?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What else can they add to make this game more SJW?

User Info: BurningVigor

BurningVigor
4 weeks ago#1
??? Seems like they hit most of the check list off. A binary character perhaps?

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#2
Aside from one character being a lesbian, I don't see what is SJW about this. And even claiming it's SJW because of ONE character is a big stretch.

Consider how many of the women look in this game. Skintight clothes and exposed skin, and round asses galore. Overwatch caters to something, and I don't think it's SJWs.
Resident Weirdo.
I'm not good enough for a signature. This is my attempt at irony.

User Info: Goldar

Goldar
4 weeks ago#3
Nothing to see here, just another low effort bait post and moron to add to our ignore lists.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#4
Pootbird posted...
Aside from one character being a lesbian, I don't see what is SJW about this. And even claiming it's SJW because of ONE character is a big stretch.

Consider how many of the women look in this game. Skintight clothes and exposed skin, and round asses galore. Overwatch caters to something, and I don't think it's SJWs.

The internet classification of SJW is "They don't use the N word" right now.

Including women is considered SJW (Battlefield)

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#5
AzaneAzer posted...
Including women is considered SJW (Battlefield)

Right, but in BFV it really does feel forced because women were never on the frontlines in WW2 except in very specific and rare circumstances.

In Overwatch, it's the future. Women in combat roles is just fine, especially in a world with advanced technology and genetic or cybernetic enhancements.
Resident Weirdo.

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#6
Pootbird posted...
Right, but in BFV it really does feel forced because women were never on the frontlines in WW2 except in very specific and rare circumstances.

Magically spawn on your squad leader
Heal up to perfect health after a gunshot wound on the battlefield
Reliably resuscitate people who’ve been shot in the head or blown up by artillery with an injection
Shoot teammates without harming them (depending on server settings)
Run an unlimited distance carrying heavy weapons
Encounter a megalodon
Drive a tank and fire its cannon by yourself
Lose no mobility after being shot in the leg
Bunny hop
Fire physics-defying bullets that don’t drop over distance (with certain weapons)
When you eject a magazine before it’s empty, the remaining bullets in the discarded magazine aren’t deducted from your ammo count
Repair a severely damaged vehicle within seconds using a handheld "repair tool"
Guns never jam or misfire
Run around on top of a blimp
Use a super-tiny Kolibri pistol
Fall hundreds of feet, then pull a chute 10 feet off the ground and not break your legs
Eject from a fighter jet, launch a shoulder-mounted missile at a pursuing jet, then land back in your own jet and continue flying
Voice chat with teammates across the map in World War I
Stand on top of a galloping horse with a flamethrower
Use a defibrillator as a weapon

But.... WOMEN!? Unrealistic.

User Info: kastle26

kastle26
4 weeks ago#7
Must be a crappy life to sit around feeling personally attacked by the sexual orientation of fictional characters.
psn: kastle26

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#8
Tiki Torch Vendors will be messaging the OP.

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#9
AzaneAzer posted...
Pootbird posted...

Magically spawn on your squad leader
Heal up to perfect health after a gunshot wound on the battlefield
Reliably resuscitate people who’ve been shot in the head or blown up by artillery with an injection
Shoot teammates without harming them (depending on server settings)
Run an unlimited distance carrying heavy weapons
Encounter a megalodon
Drive a tank and fire its cannon by yourself
Lose no mobility after being shot in the leg
Bunny hop
Fire physics-defying bullets that don’t drop over distance (with certain weapons)
When you eject a magazine before it’s empty, the remaining bullets in the discarded magazine aren’t deducted from your ammo count
Repair a severely damaged vehicle within seconds using a handheld "repair tool"
Guns never jam or misfire
Run around on top of a blimp
Use a super-tiny Kolibri pistol
Fall hundreds of feet, then pull a chute 10 feet off the ground and not break your legs
Eject from a fighter jet, launch a shoulder-mounted missile at a pursuing jet, then land back in your own jet and continue flying
Voice chat with teammates across the map in World War I
Stand on top of a galloping horse with a flamethrower
Use a defibrillator as a weapon

But.... WOMEN!? Unrealistic.

Eh I don't really care about Battlefield so whatevs.
Resident Weirdo.

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
4 weeks ago#10
A cretin character with a unique mechanic. It'll be a special even in comp, where both teams have a person pulled from the bottom of bronze. The cretin will not lose SR at all for leaving or losing. This will simulate dealing with a real mentally challenged person where you have to convince them to help you. The upside too is this will work if they are a thrower, because their team will have to convince them to play well.

Whichever team tends towards their "mentally challenged" the best will have a higher chance of winning. He should have some kind of special power that is difficult and requires teamwork to utilize, and could possibly give the enemy a huge advantage if used incorrectly.

This will even work with a teammate who leaves voice channel, simulating a person who is also deaf. They will have to be guided in game via voice lines etc.

This I feel will offer a unique experience to give awareness of the struggles of the mentally challenged.

I think that could be a whole untapped market of mental illnesses linked to gameplay. They could consult me even, as someone with severe OCD and a family with schizophrenia, bipolar, OCD, PTSD, ADHD, autism and mental deficiency.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What else can they add to make this game more SJW?
  • Topic Archived