Can Reaper get a rework or more straight buffs? Now Torb does vis job...

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Can Reaper get a rework or more straight buffs? Now Torb does vis job...

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
6 days ago#1
But better.

I feel like Reaper can never get a break. At launch Roadhog was basically larger meaner Reaper with a CC and remained that way for a while, and Reaper floundered with them only giving miner buffs.

Now Torb with overclock does more tank busting then the character who is the defacto tank buster.
Got Jalter in Fate GO. Wil probably be the only limited 5* I get with how the game treats me though.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
6 days ago#2
Not Reaper’s only role.

He’s also meant to be a high DPS flanker.

Which Torb CANNOT do.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
6 days ago#3
No
I Never Die!!

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
6 days ago#4
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Not Reaper’s only role.

Which Torb CANNOT do.

But he kinda sucks at flanking compared to the other flankers.
Got Jalter in Fate GO. Wil probably be the only limited 5* I get with how the game treats me though.

User Info: OhGood

OhGood
6 days ago#5
XGeass posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Not Reaper’s only role.

Which Torb CANNOT do.

But he kinda sucks at flanking compared to the other flankers.

No he doesnt. His wraith form gives him a 50% speed increase and can be cancelled. it also can be used as a quick reload like mccrees roll.

Surprisingly i found myself doing much better with reaper after spending months with doomfist. They have a very similar flow in a lot of situations.

Get in. Deal some big damage. get out.
The best advice i can give is to use your wraith form to escape and not to initiate
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
6 days ago#6
Reaper isn't a flanker, lol.

The second people see you, you get out or you die, there's not enough movement to make people keep turning their heads like Genji or tracer have, and his escape isn't as clear like Doomfist.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
6 days ago#7
Dragonage2ftw posted...

Which Torb CANNOT do.

He doesn't need to. His rivet gun is reliable enough now to headshot squishies at range. The hit zone of his bullets is actually very generous. I use him like McCree now.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Egress, Prey for the Gods, Fallout Miami

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
6 days ago#8
Reaper is meant to be a strong DPS flanker yes but it's kind of hard to do when it takes an hour to pick a location due to the buggy platform aiming, another hour for you to leave your spot and another hour to move again once you're there. Combine that with the fact you whip out your loudspeaker to announce your arrival and have a nice bright red beacon of light to signal to everyone where you are.

I liked the changes they made to Reaper and it made him MUCH more viable but they need to straight up get rid of his teleport or make it MUCH faster. It's the worst move in the game imo.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Darkpengi

Darkpengi
6 days ago#9
Lmao Reaper sucks as a tank buster and a flanker.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
6 days ago#10
Darkpengi posted...
Lmao Reaper sucks as a tank buster and a flanker.

He's still a good tank buster, Bastions about the only one who's better in general.

But he's a terrible flanker.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Can Reaper get a rework or more straight buffs? Now Torb does vis job...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.