• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Mercy is back to where she started

User Info: RaihotheXIV

RaihotheXIV
2 months ago#1
Before the big Mercy buff, Mercy was the weakest healer in the meta, but still pretty viable and incredibly popular to use. Then they completely changed her kit and made her way too OP, meaning that Blizzard had to give her a crap-ton of nerfs. Now with her rate of healing being nerfed Mercy is pretty much back to where she started in the meta (weakest healer, still viable and popular), which makes me wonder whether this entire thing has been completely pointless.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#2
It wasn't pointless. Mercy was garbage before. Literally all she was used for was Rez. Lucio and Ana were the top healers until Beyblade got nerfed, and then it became Lucio/Zen after Triple Tank got nerfed.

Literally the only time Mercy has been relevant is after she got reworked.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Guile | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Cervantes, Groh | BBTAG: Orie/Gordeau

RaihotheXIV
2 months ago#3
Vulcan422 posted...

And now she's back to not being relevant.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
2 months ago#4
For a character that's apparently not relevant, I sure do see her a lot.
Resident Weirdo.
I'm not good enough for a signature. This is my attempt at irony.

RaihotheXIV
2 months ago#5
Pootbird posted...
For a character that's apparently not relevant, I sure do see her a lot.

Which is what I was getting at before. Even before her buff she was the most picked hero in the game, but they reworked her because she was not as useful in the higher ranks. Then they reworked her and mercy became a must-pick for every game. After her recent nerf, now she's in the exact same position the she started out in.

Pootbird
2 months ago#6
Mercy has a very high pickrate in GM.
Resident Weirdo.

User Info: LightningA2

LightningA2
2 months ago#7
For well over a year, she wasn't just meta, she was completely necessary if you were serious about winning. I do think they were a tad bit harsh on her nerfs but Rez completely outclassed anything Ana or Moira could do.

She's still viable but a good Ana or Moira is probably better now.

Vulcan422
2 months ago#8
RaihotheXIV posted...
Vulcan422 posted...

And now she's back to not being relevant.

Indeed. Not a good thing considering I've mained her for about 2 years now. She needs serious buffs to compete with the other healers now.

I like Moira but she doesn't fit on every team like Mercy does. Ana fits on more teams but it's very frustrating playing her since she doesn't have any mobility options.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Guile | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Cervantes, Groh | BBTAG: Orie/Gordeau

Pootbird
2 months ago#9
Mercy is still the most picked healer at every level of play.
Resident Weirdo.

Vulcan422
2 months ago#10
Pootbird posted...
Mercy is still the most picked healer at every level of play.

Even in the pro scene? AKA the only level of competition that matters?
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Mercy is back to where she started
  • Topic Archived