• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Lego Overwatch coming in 2019, may be a tie-in to a TBA Netflix animated series

User Info: LazorGuns

LazorGuns
3 months ago#1
Would you watch an Overwatch animated series on Netflix? - Results (58 votes)
Yes
79.31% (46 votes)
No
20.69% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/lego-overwatch-news-3527228

The partnership was first announced by Blizzard and LEGO in May 2018, although a release date and specific details remain unconfirmed. That is, until now. According to information obtained by Brick Fanatics, the LEGO Overwatch range could launch alongside a TV series of sorts in January 2019.

Ideas surrounding Overwatch being adapted into a television series have emerged quite a few times in the past, although many fans thought it’d follow a CG route like the title’s popular animated shorts.

However, considering the popularity of both brands, a LEGO Overwatch series coming exclusively to Netflix also feels like a sound idea.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-overwatch-website-launches/

The LEGO Group is beginning to tease the launch of a new Overwatch theme with an empty website.

To start building anticipation for the new LEGO Overwatch theme, which will launch in 2019, a new website has launched. It only includes ten words, but for fans of the video game, that is enough to add to the buzz around this upcoming product range.

The Brick Fan draws attention to the website, that features the theme’s logo and a quote from the game – “Let’s get this moving!”. The partnership was first announced in May by the game’s publisher, Blizzard, with Overwatch fan and Senior LEGO Designer Mark Stafford shortly thereafter revealing that he is working on the theme.

Information received by Brick Fanatics initially pointed to a January 2019 release date, but further details received since suggest that the theme will launch to tie in with a new Overwatch TV series, possibly launching on Netflix. Yet in Mark Stafford’s May comments, he says, “a month or three from now when things start to officially surface” he can share more information – with that kind of timeframe pointing more towards a January launch.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/overwatch

----

Granted, take this with a grain of salt as always but this... this is very exciting indeed. I should note that Lego said they would never do a theme to an FPS game, so I could see them doing a theme to a show as a way around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjt0Yeddj4

What do you think?

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
3 months ago#2
All of my yes

User Info: Goldar

Goldar
3 months ago#3
I've got no interest in any of the lego shows, movies, or games. I won't knock people for liking all of that, but it's just not my cup of tea.

I would, however, like a non-Lego animated series. Bonus points if Dave Filoni was in charge of it.

LazorGuns
3 months ago#4
Goldar posted...
I've got no interest in any of the lego shows, movies, or games. I won't knock people for liking all of that, but it's just not my cup of tea.

/Facepalm.

It wouldn't be a Lego show. The Legos would be TIE-INS to an actual animated series, you know like many other shows and movies?

Goldar
3 months ago#5
LazorGuns posted...
Goldar posted...

/Facepalm.

It wouldn't be a Lego show. The Legos would be TIE-INS to an actual animated series, you know like many other shows and movies?

I'll blame your wording for the misunderstanding seeing as you specifically used the term "Lego Overwatch" multiple times, especially given just how many Lego series and games exist. One of the quotes in your post using the phrase "LEGO Overwatch series" didn't exactly help matters

LazorGuns
3 months ago#6
Goldar posted...
LazorGuns posted...
Goldar posted...

/Facepalm.

I'll blame your wording for the misunderstanding seeing as you specifically used the term "Lego Overwatch" multiple times, especially given just how many Lego series and games exist.

What was I supposed to say? It's easiest to say that, especially since the title as such a strict limit to characters.

Goldar
3 months ago#7
LazorGuns posted...
Goldar posted...
LazorGuns posted...
Goldar posted...

/Facepalm.

I'll blame your wording for the misunderstanding seeing as you specifically used the term "Lego Overwatch" multiple times, especially given just how many Lego series and games exist.

What was I supposed to say? It's easiest to say that, especially since the title as such a strict limit to characters.

For starters? Not the term "Lego Overwatch" when it implies... well, a Lego series.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but your whole "facepalm" remark making it seem like I was the one in the wrong pissed me off a bit. Kind of rude to make a comment like that when your wording and quotes imply something completely different than what you were apparently going for.

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
3 months ago#8
Goldie are u having a bad day?

You don't normally start stuff out of pettiness

You misunderstood him and getting all mad about it
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

User Info: Canned Toast

Canned Toast
3 months ago#9
Would you watch an Overwatch animated series on Netflix?

It's not going to be any good unless they dump a ton of money into it (which I don't see them doing since it's just a tie in to sell toys), so no.

LazorGuns
3 months ago#10
Canned Toast posted...
Would you watch an Overwatch animated series on Netflix?

It's not going to be any good unless they dump a ton of money into it (which I don't see them doing since it's just a tie in to sell toys), so no.

Netflix has a $13 bil budget bro, and have produced some excellent animated series. Try again.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Lego Overwatch coming in 2019, may be a tie-in to a TBA Netflix animated series
  • Topic Archived