• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Brigitte: Balanced?

User Info: Spider5800

Spider5800
8 months ago#11
Honestly, she feels a little underpowered right now. Her short range and her shield only stopping 1/3 the damage Rein's can before breaking means she gets chewed to pieces at range, and she has no way to rapidly close the distance. Her mace does pretty piddly damage, and her healing is only consistent when she's in the enemy's face and exposed. Her heal/armor move is on too long a cooldown, and the armor goes away after a few seconds. Her mace boop is terrible. Shield bash and her ult is pretty great, but thats about it.

I'm just not seeing an advantage of taking her over, say, Lucio, whose AOE heals don't require you to be actively attacking the enemy, brings more utility with speed boost and boop, and isn't a sitting duck if a ranged enemy targets him since he can run away quickly.
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
8 months ago#12
I think her melee range is a bit much. She's nearly impossible to escape... Only heroes with strong dive abilities can get away... And even then you better hope you don't get stunned while trying to use said ability.

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
8 months ago#13
geertmatthys posted...
If you tone down her shield bash, she becomes just trash again and Tracer has her way even more

Isn’t that the way the way it’s supposed to be though?
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: terabient

terabient
8 months ago#14
Her cooldowns and hitboxes seem extremely generous and could maybe use some toning down, but I'd rather see how she works in comp for a few weeks at least before smacking her with the nerf bat.
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana PSN: terabient

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
8 months ago#15
Good discussion all,

My feeling is that she’s just barely balanced. Shield Bash is a bit lenient, and that’s my main issue. There’s enough counterplay to work with to keep her in check and she only really gels with certain team comps. She can be as annoying as heck to deal with with some Heroes, but I think Jazzy Jeff put it well, she requires a different approach than other healers to eliminate.

She also suffers from being a total coin toss in disorganized teams making her a really hard healer to play without excellent team play, so solo q with her is gonna be hellish.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/DexTheThird-1892

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
8 months ago#16
DarxWingDuck posted...
I think her melee range is a bit much. She's nearly impossible to escape... Only heroes with strong dive abilities can get away... And even then you better hope you don't get stunned while trying to use said ability.

It's kind of something that needs to exist for a character in an FPS w/ No gun, She needs to be able to actually hit people.

Especially with her low mobility, Shield bash being her only way of closing games, If they nerf that, she's totally f***ed because people will just Walk away from her.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
8 months ago#17
Brigitte.
Simple.
Balanced.
That is correct.

She is like the first new character to be released who is very obvious strengths, weaknesses, goals, and clear counterpicks.

User Info: JohnTortorella

JohnTortorella
8 months ago#18
Nobody really knows.

Blizzard is wasting everyones time by delaying her release into competitive where we would get something constructive.

But from what I've seen is that most people think she is balanced and a lot of Genji mains disagree.
"Anyone who wanted one could've gotten one if they just tried." - Baha05 on the ridiculously low quantities of 16' NES Classic
(message deleted)

User Info: ShadianVise

ShadianVise
8 months ago#20
AzaneAzer posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...

It's kind of something that needs to exist for a character in an FPS w/ No gun, She needs to be able to actually hit people.

Especially with her low mobility, Shield bash being her only way of closing games, If they nerf that, she's totally f***ed because people will just Walk away from her.

People are talking about lots of ways the shield could be nerfed, but nobody seems to want to nerf the mobility. That's not the problem. Nerfing the hitbox, cooldown, or the stun duration seem like the more popular ideas. I'm fine with Brigitte being able to dash, hell, make it cover more distance if you want. But as it is, it feels awful for certain characters like Rein to get battered around every few seconds and rendered useless. And yeah, that's how it feels to be countered, but the Overwatch team has gone on record for avoiding taking control away from the player.

I think the shield bash needs a nerf in some way or another, but I think Brigitte needs a buff to mobility or healing in order to be balanced.
I stand in the place bathed in heavenly light, thou art where the gate to the Underworld opens, come forth, divine lightning! This is the end! Indignation!
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Brigitte: Balanced?
  • Topic Archived