• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Got some questions as a potential newcomer. Help appreciated.

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
1 year ago#1
Hello guys. I have heard a lot about Overwatch and have been looking to get into the game. It is on sale right now so I was wondering if I should get it. I have a few questions if you guys are willing to help.

Is the game accessible for newcomers?

How is the community? Cooperative? Arrogant? Elitist? Friendly?

Is having a mic and chatting with random people essential for playing matches? English is not my native language so I dont want racist idiots screaming at me for not following instructions precisely or mocking accent or cursing me for being a noob.

Is the gameplay fun and enjoyable compared to other shooters like Destiny?

I play Destiny PvP so how does the PvP in this game compare to Destiny in quality, balance, and fun?

I think that is it. Thanks guys.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

AsimLeonheart
1 year ago#2
I think I know the answer to the second question. The community is not very cooperative and helpful. Lol
Anybody? Bump!

User Info: plz_dont_record

plz_dont_record
1 year ago#3
the game gets very easy if you communicate with your teammates. there's a training room and a vs bot to get used to the controls. I like the gameplay I am not that good with fps this is the only exception.
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality!"

User Info: shadowsun7

shadowsun7
1 year ago#4
AsimLeonheart posted...
Hello guys. I have heard a lot about Overwatch and have been looking to get into the game. It is on sale right now so I was wondering if I should get it. I have a few questions if you guys are willing to help.

Is the game accessible for newcomers?

How is the community? Cooperative? Arrogant? Elitist? Friendly?

Is having a mic and chatting with random people essential for playing matches? English is not my native language so I dont want racist idiots screaming at me for not following instructions precisely or mocking accent or cursing me for being a noob.

Is the gameplay fun and enjoyable compared to other shooters like Destiny?

I play Destiny PvP so how does the PvP in this game compare to Destiny in quality, balance, and fun?

I think that is it. Thanks guys.

Yes, Varied (like these boards), No, Yes, Depends on what you are looking for in a game.

Overwatch is a much more team and objective focused "shooter" than most other PvP games -- I'd highly recommend you get it as it is in a league all it's own, and you really can't compare it to other franchises due to the large variety of characters (and unique individual abilities) involved.

While I know some people who dislike it, the vast majority of people -- including myself -- who actually play it consistently seem to be more than satisfied with their purchase.

User Info: Zeero_Beat

Zeero_Beat
1 year ago#5
I strongly recommend youtube. This is a game where you learn something new every day, and the combination of knowledge and experience is the best approach possible.
PSN ID: ZeroBeattt

User Info: atma6

atma6
1 year ago#6
1. Very accessible. Some heroes are specifically designed even for players who don't have good aim. There aren't many modes, which means you just press one button and you're set to go.

2. Community is all over the place. Some is great. Some is toxic.

3. Mics are useful, but not necessary. So few people use them, anyway so you won't be alone and you have controller commands to give some useful info to your team without a mic.

4. The gameplay is incredibly fun and varied. Unlike Destiny, which is a game about getting more loot, every character is exactly as strong as they will ever be. It's you who gets better. The crux of what makes the game fun is how you mix and match the very colourful and fun cast of characters to build an effective team on each game.

5. The whole game is PvP. The main mode is a 6v6 team fight. There is also a deathmatch mode and a few other arcade modes to try out, but the 6v6 is the main way of playing. As such, the entire game has been built to make this as fun an addicting as possible. Blizzard is constantly balancing heroes, and the game is in a good place. Quality, it's the highest you're going to find for this style of team game.
Fools Rush In - A demonic webcomic
http://www.foolscomic.com

User Info: LxBond

LxBond
1 year ago#7
atma6 posted...
1. Very accessible. Some heroes are specifically designed even for players who don't have good aim. There aren't many modes, which means you just press one button and you're set to go.

3. Mics are useful, but not necessary. So few people use them, anyway so you won't be alone and you have controller commands to give some useful info to your team without a mic.

4. The gameplay is incredibly fun and varied. Unlike Destiny, which is a game about getting more loot, every character is exactly as strong as they will ever be. It's you who gets better. The crux of what makes the game fun is how you mix and match the very colourful and fun cast of characters to build an effective team on each game.

5. The whole game is PvP. The main mode is a 6v6 team fight. There is also a deathmatch mode and a few other arcade modes to try out, but the 6v6 is the main way of playing. As such, the entire game has been built to make this as fun an addicting as possible. Blizzard is constantly balancing heroes, and the game is in a good place. Quality, it's the highest you're going to find for this style of team game.

Pretty much the perfect answer imo, came to say the same.

AsimLeonheart
1 year ago#8
atma6 posted...

Thank you very much for your detailed response. I think I will get it. Just a little indecisive because I also have my eye on Nioh Complete Edition and Nier. Both of them might go on this Black Friday. I have about $80 bucks to spare for games for now so want to make the most of it.

User Info: rahmed51387

rahmed51387
1 year ago#9
AsimLeonheart posted...
atma6 posted...

Thank you very much for your detailed response. I think I will get it. Just a little indecisive because I also have my eye on Nioh Complete Edition and Nier. Both of them might go on this Black Friday. I have about $80 bucks to spare for games for now so want to make the most of it.

Well, any OW DLC that is gameplay related is free after the initial purchase of the game. So all maps and characters are available right out of the box. Not to mention the amount of time you'll probably spend messing with all the characters and learning how to play them, you'll probably get quite a bang for your buck with OW.

^__^
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Got some questions as a potential newcomer. Help appreciated.
  • Topic Archived