Junkrat is ridiculous

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Junkrat is ridiculous

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
6 months ago#11
Sounds like you're playing Tracer TC? Yeah, Junkrat definitely can be tough for Tracer to approach if Junk is good about his positioning.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. I can make spaghetti.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/DexTheThird-1892

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
6 months ago#12
You have tanks, you have healers and then everyone else. I do not care what the game classifies them as, if you are not healing nor tanking, your role is killing.
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
6 months ago#13
TheAzure posted...
Pharah, an OFFENSE character takes damage from her missiles, but not rat? wtf?

Because unless you're stupid or you just suck with Pharah, there will never be a time where you'll accidentally shoot your own rockets into your face. Junkrat's bombs bounce around everywhere, so they're likely to damage him by accident, which is why they patched it so that doesn't happen.
"A delayed game will eventually be good, while a rushed game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
6 months ago#14
TheAzure posted...
Well even on attack he does the same. He should not be a defense hero, he should be offense. He's got too many advantages over every other hero. Hell, Pharah is easy pickings with his mines and a roof.

Right. Bastion also does the same thing on attack, Widow too. I'm not sure you understand the difference between a defense hero and defending.

Either way get over the label it's completely irrelevant.
Sawing logs like a slumberjack...
Remember, IamI3rian told ya. = D

User Info: ilikehamandhalo

ilikehamandhalo
6 months ago#15
Blaeu posted...
You have tanks, you have healers and then everyone else. I do not care what the game classifies them as, if you are not healing nor tanking, your role is killing.

Found the guy costing everyone their points
B**** if you wave then I will surf you

User Info: TheAzure

TheAzure
6 months ago#16
Kingdom080500 posted...
TheAzure posted...
Pharah, an OFFENSE character takes damage from her missiles, but not rat? wtf?

Because unless you're stupid or you just suck with Pharah, there will never be a time where you'll accidentally shoot your own rockets into your face. Junkrat's bombs bounce around everywhere, so they're likely to damage him by accident, which is why they patched it so that doesn't happen.

Mei wall directly in front of you
Orisa shield deployment
Winston jumping at you mid air
IamI3rian posted...
TheAzure posted...
Well even on attack he does the same. He should not be a defense hero, he should be offense. He's got too many advantages over every other hero. Hell, Pharah is easy pickings with his mines and a roof.

Right. Bastion also does the same thing on attack, Widow too. I'm not sure you understand the difference between a defense hero and defending.

Either way get over the label it's completely irrelevant.

But they are not as efficient as Rat on attack. He can be played successfully on both. That's what I'm trying to say.

Bastion,Widow,Torb, and Hanzo, need to set up to be effective or run teams dedicated to keeping the back line safe. Junkrat can be on both lines safely. You will ALWAYS have a 76 or Mcree in masters so pharah is already countered. Rat needs a damage reduction or at least a kit shrinkage. He doesn't need bombs on death. @IamI3rian

User Info: xIIpicardIIx

xIIpicardIIx
6 months ago#17
Pharah....................
[Currently playing] - Overwatch

User Info: TheAzure

TheAzure
6 months ago#18
xIIpicardIIx posted...
Pharah....................

I'm telling you, pharah isn't as great a counter ingame as you think. Sure, on paper, one-to-one, open air, she's got him beat. More often than not, these things will stop her:

- Mcree/Soldier on every team.

-Torbjorn on defense

- Indoor fighting

Unless your team is taking out your counters, you aren't killing Rat consistently. In masters, Pharah is not some magical cure to junk rat. 76 and mcree are on EVERY TEAM. Unless you've got pharmercy going and taking out your counters first, Rat is Rip tiring EVERY 2-3 minutes.

User Info: Evieholly13

Evieholly13
6 months ago#19
This is one of the worst balanced games i have ever played. Looking at the way wow pvp is balanced should of known better
PS4 Pro / Switch / 2DS

User Info: ArchMageSynok

ArchMageSynok
6 months ago#20
Honestly man, you're level 20, playing as a hero with the smallest amount of HP and that is a easy target for Junkrat, you don't really have enough experience to be calling for character nerfs. You're probably just going up against people more experienced than you. You just need to play more and when running into a troublesome Junkrat, swap to his counters and hunt him down.

Try dealing with him at medium to long range, close range is his forte (which is why tracer is a bad choice against him), at range he can't use his mine all that well and you can dodge his slow projectiles.

Junkrat is very strong after his buffs, I was personally fine with him even before the buffs, he was just a bit more niche. But there are plenty of characters still stronger than him atm.
http://tinyurl.com/jjqm8z3
GT-Synok PSN- MistbornSynok
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Junkrat is ridiculous

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived