People need to stop holding at the first choke in Volskaya

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. People need to stop holding at the first choke in Volskaya

User Info: Comfy_Pillow

Comfy_Pillow
4 months ago#1
Stop it. Looking at you plats/diamonds

User Info: iiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiii
4 months ago#2
@_@ wut?

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
4 months ago#3
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
@_@ wut?

I'm guessing they would rather be holding at the objective instead of the choke point with the truck.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
4 months ago#4
Tysakasa posted...
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
@_@ wut?

I'm guessing they would rather be holding at the objective instead of the choke point with the truck.

High ground in the back on either side is ideal, but actually getting randoms to take high ground is a monumental task by itself, nevermind a spot without a choke.
Sawing logs like a slumberjack...
Remember, IamI3rian told ya. = D

User Info: angry_cowtipper

angry_cowtipper
4 months ago#5
I play at plat/diamond. And as long as fights at that level take place, and games are won there, playing the choke is what I'm going to do, unless someday I reach a level where people know better, and that strategy is repeatedly easily countered. That hasn't been my experience thus far.
Uncharted 4, Alienation, Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4).

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
4 months ago#6
At lower tiers, people do not have the aim that you see on high tiers/pro players. Often, holding at the choke is more effective because having high ground as Soldier and missing half your shots isn't good enough.
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: Hunk_of_Meat

Hunk_of_Meat
4 months ago#7
Yeah, I won a match just the other day holding the choke as Rein.
The enemy team even had a very patient McCree consistently stunning me over my shield but his team just couldn't burst me down fast enough before y shield was back up.
They never even got a tick.

So... That's the skill level I'm playing at. If it works, why change up my strategy?

IamI3rian
4 months ago#8
Hunk_of_Meat posted...
So... That's the skill level I'm playing at. If it works, why change up my strategy?

Because when it doesn't the high ground would have.

What is it about Overwatch that makes people allergic to cover and high ground?

Remember what happened to Anakin? Don't be a sith lord, high ground wins fights.

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
4 months ago#9
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
@_@ wut?

Right That choke point Is best til hold preferably 3 on either side cross firing because the majority of the cast has to come through under that bridge if u let them do that unopposed they have plenty of flank options hold the choke it's the smart thing to do
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

IamI3rian
4 months ago#10
snowboarderkid6 posted...
hold the choke it's the smart thing to do

That must be why holding the choke is so prevalent in pro matches. /s
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. People need to stop holding at the first choke in Volskaya

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived