What characters do you think work best on this new map?*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What characters do you think work best on this new map?*

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
10 months ago#1
*Please note this thread isn't for people that read #Phara gooder den Junrat# and think that's the definitive unwavering answer to everything and there's never any kind of variables or scenarios that have any kind of effect at all on what's written on paper.

I've only played the map a small handful of times. I think this is actually going to be a map where JR excels at. It's almost entirely comprised of small rooms and corridors. A low roof and no long sight lines limits the effectiveness of high mobility moves like Winston's leap as well as any long range attack characters. There's a ton of places, corners, niches, and items for cover on well placed turrets from Sym or Torb.

Even though we were still at a point where everyone is still learning the map a defending Sym teleport at the very back of point A worked wonders for my team in one game. The enemy has to either come right through the point or around the very right hand side.

I'm going to have to experiment a lot more before the characters I settle with for this map.
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
10 months ago#2
I have found Lucio performs very well on this new map. There are plenty of things he can skate around, on, over, etc. There are also many rooms and hallways for him to use to escape or flank with his speed. All that's missing is a giant pit. :P
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: Unknown6721

Unknown6721
10 months ago#3
Winston, Torb, Symm, D.Va, Hanzo, Reaper and Mcree for his ultimate.

User Info: zylinn

zylinn
10 months ago#4
Orisa is very good on the new map, especially on the last point.
She can place a shield in a corner and there's no other way to kill her but to group up.. I've seen orisa and a tor together and it was pretty difficult to kill them and they have a good view of the side door if you're gonna flank..

Also she good in the 1st point too.. forgot to add that. Place a shield in the back and have sym place her lasers on the walls..

User Info: OhGood

OhGood
10 months ago#5
krazykiwikid posted...
I've only played the map a small handful of times. I think this is actually going to be a map where JR excels at. It's almost entirely comprised of small rooms and corridors. A low roof and no long sight lines limits the effectiveness of high mobility moves like Winston's leap as well as any long range attack characters. There's a ton of places, corners, niches, and items for cover on well placed turrets from Sym or Torb.

I think you need to play the map more than a few times. It has some of the most open areas in the game leading up to the first point. Most higher ranked players have already started to set up on the high ground of either side of the objective because the choke is too big and open to defend efficiently. So that name of the game becomes "Control the high ground"
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant

User Info: thebirdfree7

thebirdfree7
10 months ago#6
Played it twice got dickkked by junk twice first one was in arcade second in comp. Rein felt strong as well.
Yosh!

User Info: AnoKid09

AnoKid09
10 months ago#7
Pharah s***s on trashmouse in every aspect. Just give up and accept it.
GT: zPINBALLWIZARDz

User Info: Ultima_Wraith

Ultima_Wraith
10 months ago#8
Genji on Point A has a lot of nooks snd crannies to flank with, same for Reaper and McCree.
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | When bored, I post impromptu song lyrics | PSN : UltimaWraith

User Info: Mako_Sharknado

Mako_Sharknado
10 months ago#9
Torb'n Sym're in every f***in' game tryna ruin' my Genji fun

I've seen lotsa Widows'n Hanzos'n they usually seem ta be doin' p well

McCree's also been doin' solid
SENTAI GENJI: ZA GURIN DORAGON! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrqPc6R0UM

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
10 months ago#10
Symm is practically a requirement if you want to hold Point A defense. Teleporter greatly helps since the walk back is soooo long on this map. Even one lost team fight means losing the point usually. And the defender lower-right side is one of the most popular push corridors, which is guarded so perfectly by turrets.

...why bring up that dumb pharah v junkrat embarrassment? That's a surefire way to make sure people will never let you live it down. Just let it go and move on, that's the mature thing to do.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. I can make spaghetti.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/DexTheThird-1892
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What characters do you think work best on this new map?*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived