The new dance emotes look clunky

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The new dance emotes look clunky

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
11 months ago#1
Like they were made in garrys mod
Bart-Mangled Banner is the greatest Simpsons episode. It is great for the exact same reason american audiences hate it: because it captures them so accurately.

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
11 months ago#2
Most of them are indeed cringe worthy with the only select few that look decent like sombra and tracers but reins looks really bad even widows ballet looks really awkward
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

User Info: SterlingFox

SterlingFox
11 months ago#3
Yeah, almost all of them look kind of off. Like Soldier 76's looks like s***.

I know a lot of people are going crazy over them, but most of the dances really are bad. There are only like 4 good ones.
PSN: Doctor-Pip-

digitalwill2000
11 months ago#4
Im legitimately relieved that I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Im pretty sure that instead of making a dance for each character in mind, they just took any random character one and a time and mapped a dance for them regardless of whether it worked or not, which would also explain why they don't even look well-animated, there wasnt any proper thought put into them.

Now, I can understand a Widow being into ballet, and fair enough it works on her DEFAULT skin, similarily Reaper's makes sense too. But the rest have no anatominalainal thought put into them, Phara doing air guitar? wot?

Notice how their facial expressions dont even change, they dance with a very eerie poker-face.
Bart-Mangled Banner is the greatest Simpsons episode. It is great for the exact same reason american audiences hate it: because it captures them so accurately.

User Info: mikesettokill

mikesettokill
11 months ago#5
Every Hero dances better than YOU.
I'm not being passive aggressive with you, I'm not angry. I'm just trying to talk opinions about video games. Pretend we're talking around a water cooler.

digitalwill2000
11 months ago#6
mikesettokill posted...

Its funny, this is the 5th time I've seen an Overwatch fanboi do that thing where when someone says "This X is Y" the fanboi can only retort with "YOU'RE Y"
Speaks volumes...

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
11 months ago#7
digitalwill2000 posted...
But the rest have no anatominalainal thought put into them, Phara doing air guitar? wot?

Notice how their facial expressions dont even change, they dance with a very eerie poker-face.

I think Pharah's may be a bit more of a joke, showing off that she's not an uptight b**** like some think and that she does have interesting hobbies. But until they reveal more of her story, can't really say

As for the faces, some do. If memory serves, Reinhardt does change his expression to suit his handling of his hammer like a lover. I'm currently using the Anubis? (the white armour) on Pharah and I noticed that her mouth changes but the helmet hides the rest. Mei has her creepy smile (the one that was very much visible during the Chinese New Years event) during her dance. Can't really comment on the rest since I turned my system off a few minutes ago and not going to go with YouTube's crap quality video streaming.

But yeah, some of them do feel a bit clunky while others have better animations to them, such as Sombra. I also found Zenyatta's to be pretty smooth as well. Either they'll tune them in later updates (apparently Soldier 76's push up's emote had clipping issues with his Strike Commander skin and they fixed it in the event update, so who knows) or it'll just be another box to check on the questionable effort put into this event. Haven't checked yet, but pretty sure Blizzard still hasn't made a response to the number of disappointed players regarding how this event's content is being handled.

digitalwill2000
11 months ago#8
Not really, it doesnt add any depth, it just shows that a character can be one thing and then be something completely different thus removing any point to ever speculate the nature of the characters.

Its like how they said one of the character was gay months after release, but refused to state which one because they clearly hadnt even decided yet. They only revealed it was Tracer after accusations of the implication that 'Overwatch is a dont ask dont tell' squad.

User Info: GamerSanta

GamerSanta
11 months ago#9
digitalwill2000 posted...
mikesettokill posted...

Its funny, this is the 5th time I've seen an Overwatch fanboi do that thing where when someone says "This X is Y" the fanboi can only retort with "YOU'RE Y"
Speaks volumes...

By now you should realize that the Overwatch community is arguably the most immature playerbase. Good luck trying to give fair criticism about anything in this game. I went back to Black Ops 3 for a week and holy goodness those people are far more mature and entertaining.
My magnificence knows no bounds.

User Info: ToyMachin3

ToyMachin3
11 months ago#10
I like Sweetheardt lol, combine that with a golden weapon and you've got a waltz for the ages lol.

I'll grab Zenyayta's as well but I can be satisfied with that.

Torbjorn's is just funny to me, then again, I'm drunk. :P
Atoms or systems into ruin hurl'd,
And now a bubble burst, and now a world.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The new dance emotes look clunky

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived