What keeps you from using your mic on Competitive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What keeps you from using your mic on Competitive?

User Info: Monistic_Turtle

Monistic_Turtle
9 months ago#41
You honestly don't need a mic in this game. I have two accounts in diamond and 95% of the time, I don't use my mic. It's not that I'm adamantly against using it or anything, (I use it all the time in Destiny and when playing with friends) but I tend to play "off-meta" characters and I can't tell you how many times people start whining before the match even starts. It just gets depressing listening to people complain about my picks.

Call outs are great and if I feel like the people on my team are decent human beings, I'll unmute my mic and participate in call outs and strategy. But if the first thing I hear is some dingus crying about my picks, than no, I won't be using my mic.
Would you strongly disagree, slightly disagree, or only disagree with this sentence?

User Info: leon315

leon315
9 months ago#42
I main zarya and I use mic all the time, it's almost impossible to make a good use her ults without coordinations...

User Info: milkmanv1

milkmanv1
9 months ago#43
vogymaan posted...
I normally solo queue, and wait to see what happens during the game... if I am the only one with a mic, I stay silent
"Dude, can we, uh, bring the brewskis?"
"Yes of course, you may absolutely bring ze brewskis"

User Info: Urgaleet

Urgaleet
9 months ago#44
nomoco posted...
Because there's inevitably a duo or trio queue who refuse to join team chat.

Because even if there are more than 3 people in team chat, no one talks.

Because if I do try to initiate there's a decent chance someone's going to make a dumb comment about me being female.

I get this... except I'm a guy... 23 years old and the balls have yet to drop. Why
I always wear my hazmat suit when perusing the toxic environment of GameFaqs.
FC: 4012 - 6623 - 5477, Send a PM if you add me. ^.^

User Info: ToyMachin3

ToyMachin3
9 months ago#45
I'm deaf, I've never used a mic unless it's with my friends and brother whom I know well. I know their speech patterns and the words they like to use so it's easier for me to understand them.

If I tried to listen to randoms, I'd be useless because I'd spend 75% of the time trying to figure out what those randos are shouting over the mic.

I play the objective, almost always as Reinhardt or Zenyatta and I know when to switch to a more appropriate pick if the situation calls for it.

It's not necessary to win, but it certainly helps to use a mic.
Atoms or systems into ruin hurl'd,
And now a bubble burst, and now a world.

User Info: Madridiq8e

Madridiq8e
9 months ago#46
I used to use the mic all the time, till I fought with few people over the mic and I realised most players on overwatch are A holes, then I stopped using the mic for a while, now I use it only when other people are using it

User Info: Drakillion

Drakillion
9 months ago#47
For some reason, my PS4 Gold Mic doesn't transmit my voice as loud compared to PS4. Everytime I talk, I have to raise my voice.

Ironically, my cheap, generic phone mic did a better job as a PC mic compared to it haha
''Five hundred frames per second!!!''- Rurune Zhevitz
''Time to bury you six feet over!''- Squigly

User Info: Justapoorchibi

Justapoorchibi
9 months ago#48
Being a mute. Beat that!
Chibi X Yuki Silver= One true pairing
I love you my senpai (->//3//<)-
(message deleted)

User Info: HappyUnicorn101

HappyUnicorn101
9 months ago#50
I have roommates. Honestly, I just don't want them to hear me sounding like a nerd. =X
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What keeps you from using your mic on Competitive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived