Mei's Ice freeze is far more effective on console and Bliz needs to take note

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Mei's Ice freeze is far more effective on console and Bliz needs to take note

User Info: liltagg

liltagg
1 year ago#31
NickDrake posted...
liltagg posted...
Mei is not played in high level

Tailspin rocked the Overwatch Open yesterday with Mei on King's Row, and was amazingly effective

Alrighty then

I have got to see this. I get off on watching people crushing with characters they have no business crushing with. Seriously. I invite such challenges.

OT: Mei hasn't been a force to reckon with since the first month of release. Most have learned how to deal with/avoid her by now. However...is it actually true that her freeze gun doesn't affect aiming speed on PC?

https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchopen/v/79844449

I don't know how to do timestamps for twitch links, but it's the first game - starts at about 16 minutes in, Tailspin switches to Mei at about 16:30.

User Info: Jhag1988

Jhag1988
1 year ago#32
Mei is a bit to strong on console. I agree
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JHag1988-1505/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Daggurzz/advanced

User Info: Splinter_Within

Splinter_Within
1 year ago#33
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
SecretBetaSpy posted...
Now i don't want to sit in here and complain about mei all day. Most of the time i dont have a problem with her, but when i switch from PC to console to play with my console friends i notice that things are.. off.

It all comes down to how each platform deals with aiming. On PC you aim with your mouse and use WASD to move around.

On console you aim with both analogs. The right analog does your major aiming, and your left analog that controls movement is used to make smaller adjustments.

So when you toss mei into the console space, where her freeze blast eliminates movement and turning speeds, it's like the same if her freeze blast halved your mouse DPI.

But it doesn't. Players on PC are far more suited with dealing with her because your aiming isn't reduced in any way. Just your movement. On console it's a completely different story because movement is such a big part of aiming with a controller.

This isn't really a rant or anything, just a something that a PC player has noticed when it comes to Mei on console. And i honestly don't think Blizzard has even noticed how much more effective her ice blast is.

Again, this has nothing to do with being frozen. It has more to do with the fact that your aiming is severely impaired if Mei as much breathes on you while playing on console, while it's not like that on PC at all.

from a person who has worked for software developers... they have a person who test every character on any given build with stats so programmers know if something major has changed... every single build.... that includes test builds that never see the light of day... sry, your sorely wrong.. and know i dont work, nor have I ever worked for blizzard, but its standard. and Im not talking about gameplay test... I mean math.

Go away please.
psn: lzvzlm
Currently playing: FO3, handsome jack collection, Diablo 3

User Info: MrFail

MrFail
1 year ago#34
I used to main Roadhog. I swapped to Mei because I only truly enjoy gaming when I make my opponents have zero fun/tons of frustration.

I was very surprised that she is actually pretty much good in every scenario.

I consistently have the most objective time in my teams. Usually have the second most healing if we have a primary healer and no Roadhog. I break enemy lines fairly consistently. I draw fire away from people, cause anyone solo to run the opposite direction, split teams apart... You can use your icewall in so many incredible ways if you put your mind to it.

She is more utility than most people think. Her worst matches are KotH where she still out performs most champs since her ult is basically designed to ruin hills for the enemy. I also usually duo with a terrifying Reinhardt who couples extremely well with her too.

However, I'm fine if everyone thinks she sucks, that just means buffs for my favorite character in a patch or so.

User Info: Bad Ass Chucky

Bad Ass Chucky
1 year ago#35
MrFail posted...
I used to main Roadhog. I swapped to Mei because I only truly enjoy gaming when I make my opponents have zero fun/tons of frustration.

This is a very sad statement on your life.

User Info: Irony

Irony
1 year ago#36
Lmao
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgtc.com/tHc3mIo.png http://i.imgtc.com/PYxw8Lm.png

User Info: iiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiii
1 year ago#37
Splinter_Within posted...
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
SecretBetaSpy posted...
Now i don't want to sit in here and complain about mei all day. Most of the time i dont have a problem with her, but when i switch from PC to console to play with my console friends i notice that things are.. off.

It all comes down to how each platform deals with aiming. On PC you aim with your mouse and use WASD to move around.

On console you aim with both analogs. The right analog does your major aiming, and your left analog that controls movement is used to make smaller adjustments.

So when you toss mei into the console space, where her freeze blast eliminates movement and turning speeds, it's like the same if her freeze blast halved your mouse DPI.

But it doesn't. Players on PC are far more suited with dealing with her because your aiming isn't reduced in any way. Just your movement. On console it's a completely different story because movement is such a big part of aiming with a controller.

This isn't really a rant or anything, just a something that a PC player has noticed when it comes to Mei on console. And i honestly don't think Blizzard has even noticed how much more effective her ice blast is.

Again, this has nothing to do with being frozen. It has more to do with the fact that your aiming is severely impaired if Mei as much breathes on you while playing on console, while it's not like that on PC at all.

from a person who has worked for software developers... they have a person who test every character on any given build with stats so programmers know if something major has changed... every single build.... that includes test builds that never see the light of day... sry, your sorely wrong.. and know i dont work, nor have I ever worked for blizzard, but its standard. and Im not talking about gameplay test... I mean math.

Go away please.

xD - btw I am not saying the op is wrong about his findings.. just that blizzard knows.

User Info: NoctisSiIentium

NoctisSiIentium
1 year ago#38
dude, op, i feel for you.

you posted a legitimate thread detailing your findings on the differences you've noticed between the pc and console versions. you done goofed.

in all seriousness, i agree, and the people going "haha u suk" lack basic reading comprehension. then again, i didn't read the whole thread -- i eye rolled at the first bunch of posts and just skipped to commenting.
i don't know what to put here

User Info: MwarriorHiei

MwarriorHiei
1 year ago#39
NoctisSiIentium posted...
dude, op, i feel for you.

you posted a legitimate thread detailing your findings on the differences you've noticed between the pc and console versions. you done goofed.

in all seriousness, i agree, and the people going "haha u suk" lack basic reading comprehension. then again, i didn't read the whole thread -- i eye rolled at the first bunch of posts and just skipped to commenting.

this. tc brings up a legitimate point since "lazy aim" plays a bigger role on console than on pc. too bad so many trolls came in and ruined the topic.
http://i.imgtc.com/gkielsd.jpg

User Info: joe-deli-jr

joe-deli-jr
1 year ago#40
The tc was just bringing this to our attention and everyone starts crying that she might be nerfed. Well maybe, if she is underpreforming, maybe this could be a pc buff topic.
PSN id idelmaestro
Xbox live Del Maestr0
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Mei's Ice freeze is far more effective on console and Bliz needs to take note

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived