• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What do the medals mean at the end of game?

User Info: DarkUnicornMage

DarkUnicornMage
5 years ago#1
Gold, silver, bronze. The medals don't show your stats compared to the team. They only show how you are doing personally right?

Just the other day a salty teammate rubbed it in that he got 3 gold medals. I tried explaining that it didn't mean he was the "best" player on the team and that someone could've easily got more eliminations that him. And that the medals were representative of his statistics, not the team's. But he didn't belive me and called me a scrub.

Am I right though?

User Info: effenzo

effenzo
5 years ago#2
I thought gold meant best on your team for whatever you got the medal for but I could be wrong.

User Info: Waste_Punks

Waste_Punks
5 years ago#3
effenzo posted...
I thought gold meant best on your team for whatever you got the medal for but I could be wrong.

This, it's comparing specific stats to the rest of your team
FFRK friend ID: DYNj
RW: Divine Veil Grimoire

User Info: Arcane85

Arcane85
5 years ago#4
Yes, getting 3 gold medals does mean that he did the best on your team in those 3 areas

User Info: DarkUnicornMage

DarkUnicornMage
5 years ago#5
Waste_Punks posted...
effenzo posted...

This, it's comparing specific stats to the rest of your team

Well. Guess I was wrong then. I must've been in some pretty bad games then. Gold with about 10-15 secs of objective time. Gold with less than a 1000 healing done. I never play healers so I always thought that was based on my personal stats. But if it is based on the team, then why doesn't anyone vote for the players who get 3-4 gold medals? I know it doesn't count. But I've never seen one reach epic.

User Info: zombie13579

zombie13579
5 years ago#6
Gold means you either tied with someone or did the best on your team.

If your team sucks, then yea, gold medals wont mean much, but long played out games where people have 50+ eliminations or 35K healing, or even 6+ objective time, etc, medals becomes more apparent

User Info: redbanana

redbanana
5 years ago#7
I've played matched where I was over 40 eliminations and didn't even medal. Sometimes it gets crazy.
This is a signature

User Info: Jikkle

Jikkle
5 years ago#8
Medals aren't the end all of how people did on your team but just give you a rough idea on how effective or ineffective they were.

Some heroes are built better to rack up medals than other which means that Solider 76 with 5 medals total with 4 of them being Gold did put his work in but that doesn't mean the Winston who was constantly harassing and picking off the enemy healers and being a complete nuisance to the enemy wasn't putting in work either.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What do the medals mean at the end of game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A