• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. People in this game need to play the objectives more.

User Info: Nidhogg151

Nidhogg151
4 years ago#1
This is hands down the most frustrating thing for me. To be the only one at the objective while the rest of my team is off trying to get kills. Especially when it's a payload map and everyone pushes forward, then lets one or two enemies just waltz on by and push the payload into the goal. Or if attacking runs forward and leaves the payload behind.
3DS FC: 4081-5732-1555

User Info: Boutchie23

Boutchie23
4 years ago#2
Amen.
PSN | Mandein

User Info: Istillduno

Istillduno
4 years ago#3
Yup, when I come out of spawn and see 2 or 3 people right outside it fighting when the objective is on the other side of the map it's just a complete "Oh THIS is my team this game huh?" feeling.
All the rules you need to play a videogame are coded into it, adding extras proves you lack the ability to play well by those existing rules.

User Info: neo_strike3

neo_strike3
4 years ago#4
i hear complaints of this on the forums but with 300+ games i never actually see this happening. this is the game i see people actually playing the objective the most.

times i see people spawn camping or away from the objective is to push the other team back away from it because its better to hold them away from the objective then it is at the object cause if your team dies it gives you time to come back and not just an instant objective lost. the times i see people at the objective and my team isnt is because someone usually slipped by while we were doing this

User Info: ilikehamandhalo

ilikehamandhalo
4 years ago#5
I has objective A ask to myself for about 25 seconds last night. The enemy team was dead and my teammate were of running around looking got kills. The enemy team came back and killed me. We never captured the objective.
B**** if you wave then I will surf you

User Info: NoBammas

NoBammas
4 years ago#6
Im always hanzo and usually have the most objective time on my team. Sad really
PSN: NoBammas

Nidhogg151
4 years ago#7
neo_strike3 posted...
i hear complaints of this on the forums but with 300+ games i never actually see this happening. this is the game i see people actually playing the objective the most.

Then you're amazingly lucky, cause it happens all the time to me.

neo_strike3 posted...
times i see people spawn camping or away from the objective is to push the other team back away from it

This is what I see people attempting to do when what I'm talking about happens. They go to push back and let a few through. Problem is, they also never go back to actually stop them, and we lose cause of it.

There also seems to be this mindset that playing near the objective is enough. But a lot of the time you actually need to plant your ass on the objective to get it moving/not moving/contested. But I guess people are too afraid to die and would rather lose the match than risk suicide to potentially win.

User Info: devak108

devak108
4 years ago#8
neo_strike3 posted...

Yea I don't have nearly as many games logged but so far it really hasn't been an issue in the games I've played. Some teams I've been with have been better and more coordinated than others, but I've yet to be teamed with a bunch of lone wolfs thinking its TDM and ignoring the objective.
"So Lonestar, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Nidhogg151
4 years ago#9
devak108 posted...
neo_strike3 posted...

Yea I don't have nearly as many games logged but so far it really hasn't been an issue in the games I've played. Some teams I've been with have been better and more coordinated than others, but I've yet to be teamed with a bunch of lone wolfs thinking its TDM and ignoring the objective.

I'm not saying they are being lone wolves, I'm saying they are more worried about getting kills (usually as a team) than playing the objective.

User Info: DemonSlayer92

DemonSlayer92
4 years ago#10
I think they need to remember to stay in the f***ing giant red square more than anything else. Most players seem to think that touching it for a split second is all that is required to capture an objective.
Official Zenyatta of Overwatch
"The iris embraces you."
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. People in this game need to play the objectives more.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A