• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. River City Super Sports Challenge: All Stars Special
  3. Hopefully more River City titles on the way.

User Info: zombone13

zombone13
3 years ago#1
Now that Arc System Works owns the rights to RR and Double Dragon, maybe more localizations will follow if this one does reasonably well. The price is a bit high for my liking at 24.99, but it includes 6 dlc's, so I may try it out.

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
3 years ago#2
yeah im surprised the price is so high for what is pretty much a nes game. never played the original one or any of the others in english, so i had to take a chance with this. never even played river city ransom long either, though i do love double dragon lol, nice to see (spoiler just incase youd rather find out yourself) a double dragon song in this game
http://www.psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
Playing: Parasite Eve 2, FotNS Kens Rage 1, Triad Wars. Last Games Beat:F-Zero AX, Drakengard 3, D4, Parasite Eve

User Info: WakuWakuSeven

WakuWakuSeven
3 years ago#3
Be nice if we'd get some of those 3DS games over here at least. I've been itching to try some of those out, but what with the whole 3DS not being region free thing and all.....

Hopefully people buy this, and show there is at least some demand for this series in the west. Although I'm not getting my hopes up, what with the lack of any marketing, it being PS3 only, somewhat high price, etc.
http://youtu.be/U753NYo32Ww
PSN: enjionPS / 3DS: 4055 - 3399 - 0682

User Info: zombone13

zombone13
3 years ago#4
I hear ya Brocken, that was a nice surprise. And I second the idea for the 3DS games, any RCR or DD. The RCR RPG had me very curious.

User Info: Econobrick

Econobrick
3 years ago#5
I'm genuinely shocked that this actually came out stateside.

I bought the Japanese version earlier this year when it came out because I figured it'd never be localized. This version is roughly half the price the Japanese one was. Even though it's obviously the same game, I bought River City SSC as well.

Technos was my favorite video game company of all time, so I'll buy anything they (now known as Million) put out to show support. (At least on PS3 and PS4)

Same reason I bought both the English and Japanese versions of Double Dragon, Renegade / Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun and Super Dodgeball on ps4.

User Info: FinalKnuckle

FinalKnuckle
3 years ago#6
Is this game worth it for a longtime fan of the other Kunio games? 24.99 seems like a bit much, does the DLC justify it, I'd love to show support and buy it anyways but i'm not sure at the moment.
Forgiveness is Divine but never pay full price for late Pizza.

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
3 years ago#7
FinalKnuckle posted...
Is this game worth it for a longtime fan of the other Kunio games? 24.99 seems like a bit much, does the DLC justify it, I'd love to show support and buy it anyways but i'm not sure at the moment.

its such a ripoff that i made a video talkin s*** about it that was like 15 minutes long, stay the f*** away for that price. wait til its $10 or less, this game and mgs phantom pain are 2 of my most hated games of all time
http://www.psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
Playing: Mario Maker, Lightning Returns, Deception IV TDP, Shadow Hearts 2. Last Games Beat: Samurai Spirits VI

User Info: shadow961

shadow961
3 years ago#8
I played the japanese version a bit and felt that what I was experiencing didnt seem like much of a game. It was just the same events over and over. I dont know japanese so maybe I thought I was missing something so I decided to wait until the US release. Finding out that the game is $25 and that there really are just 4 events, with two being very similar, is kind of a bummer. 8 events would have been worth the price imo. The dlc skins are meaningless when there is so little gameplay content. I hope Arc isn't using this game as a guage and Kunio-kun gets another shot with something that's actually priced appropriately.
THE UNDISPUTED FUTURE
  1. Boards
  2. River City Super Sports Challenge: All Stars Special
  3. Hopefully more River City titles on the way.
  • Topic Archived