• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo Sport
  3. Does this game seriously have to take up 110GB. Absolutely RIDICULOUS.

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
1 year ago#1
And I have the DIGITAL version...

And just wait... PS5... GT 7... will probably chew up 200GB. WHAT are you doing Polyphony?
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

User Info: barf_syndrome

barf_syndrome
1 year ago#2
I can understand it being like 109gb, but 110gb? That's absurd.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 year ago#3
Wah

User Info: Giarccpsn

Giarccpsn
10 months ago#4
I am updating it connected to PS5 from an external HDD and the Copying part is still slow as hell. 🤦‍♂

XBL:IDNTCARETHKS / PSN:IDNTCARETHKS
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7725879346.png
(edited 10 months ago)

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
10 months ago#5
I remember GT6 you had to *permanently install* a couple of extra gigs whenever there was a new concept car, because there was a big long HD promo video with interviews with the designers. It's as though they've never heard of streaming.
(message deleted)

User Info: DanGlynnJohnson

DanGlynnJohnson
8 months ago#7
Recently reinstalled this, as I still love going around the Nürburgring in the BMW Walkenhorst. GTS is the only title in the series that has made me a fan of racing around that particular track.

"Nintendo hardware is for kids" - Yakuza Creator, Toshihiro Nagoshi.

User Info: DanGlynnJohnson

DanGlynnJohnson
8 months ago#8
For anyone interested, Spec 2 is back on sale once again.

"Nintendo hardware is for kids" - Yakuza Creator, Toshihiro Nagoshi.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 months ago#9
Play some games like COD and you'll find that they can get even bigger. And in case you've just bought your first last gen console: all PS4 games need to be installed fully. You don't play them from disc if you bought a physical copy. You only use it to install the game and to verify that you own it, so the disc always has to be in the disc tray to play physical copies.

And 200GB will become normal soon simply because the new consoles are made for 4K gaming. While game sizes have already been ballooning up during the last gen and this trend is likely to continue. Shouldn't really be an issue if you have a decent internet connection. And if Sony didn't put such a small HDD into the PS5.

DarkDoc posted...
I remember GT6 you had to *permanently install* a couple of extra gigs whenever there was a new concept car, because there was a big long HD promo video with interviews with the designers. It's as though they've never heard of streaming.
Could very much have been the case that the PS3 was not able to stream HD videos inside a game. It did not exactly have the best online functionality. I've been using my old PS3 again recently and the max download speed is 2MB/s. Yeah, downloading games is very slow that way and if you consider that there's a game running that already uses up all the hardware power, how are you supposed to stream an external video at the same time? The PS4 has this functionality built in so you can open the browser and watch youtube videos in it at any time.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo Sport
  3. Does this game seriously have to take up 110GB. Absolutely RIDICULOUS.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A