• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo Sport
  3. I know this game is old, and I got it for $10 but...

User Info: lapot1

lapot1
1 year ago#1
Is this what people wanted in a GT racing game? Good god the fact that I had to watch racing etiquette videos and wait for scheduled events is atrocious.
Was this game built for MLG youtube twitch streamer douchebags?

Luckily there's enough solo gameplay to justify playing the game, which I do enjoy. But from what I read they didn't add a "campaign" until way after release.

But god damnit I f***ing hate what "E sports" has done to gaming and gamers. It's just a video game folks, it is not a sport. The fact they had to make videos you're forced to watch to play online is pathetic.

Not to mention only 3 set races a day? The f*** is that? No random races? No course changes?
f*** E sports. And f*** the online portion of this game.

I still can't believe the last numbered GT came out for PS3... AFTER the PS4 was released. f***ing fail.

User Info: Marius789

Marius789
1 year ago#2
Lol it’s the future of motorsports.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Only dead fish go with the flow

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#3
lapot1 posted...
Not to mention only 3 set races a week?

Fixed it for you.

But yeah.... It's not as if I had any chance of winning an online race, but I think I know how you feel. Still, I had a lot of fun doing the Mission Challenges. Now I'm doing Circuit Experience while clearing Arcade Mode.

In the end, I don't play the game much but I don't realy feel like it was a bad move not to buy it day one.

Marius789 posted...
Lol it’s the future of motorsports.

Actually it could be the other way around:

https://www.racefans.net/2019/11/25/norris-esports-will-produce-new-f1-drivers-in-future/
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4].
Trusting in someone is awesome. Relying on someone is awful.

Marius789
1 year ago#4
Yeah, I would assume it would go both ways at this time in our lives. It’s still evolving. Eventually I can see them going all digital in the distant future.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 year ago#5
Screw esports. It's killing games, and it's one if the main reasons I didn't buy this one.

I'm hoping GT7 gets it right again. Must have a career mode at launch, must have lots of cars and tracks, must have a decent race format with standing starts, must have dynamic weather/night.

All of these things are non-negotiable.

User Info: Puniard

Puniard
1 year ago#6
Must have proper endurance races too!

24 minute..... what a load of total s*** that was!
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
1 year ago#7
I’m a filthy casual when it comes to GT, but I agree. At least there’s single player content in League and Arcade for scrubs like me now. Game should’ve been like old GT and had a robust single player component on day one, and they could’ve also had the online crap for that crowd. But they gotta put those big name franchises out quickly these days to keep the investors happy, and the big business side of the industry loves multiplayer, so here we are.
I just want something,
I can never have.

User Info: lapot1

lapot1
1 year ago#8
I can't believe they didn't make a single numbered GT for PS4. Sony dropped the ball on that.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 year ago#9
Puniard posted...
Must have proper endurance races too!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. GT is actually what got me into endurance racing in the first place (I've now traveled overseas for 24 hour races in real life).

CaIiber345 posted...
the big business side of the industry loves multiplayer, so here we are.

It's just that - the public doesn't. People don't actually play online as much as PD want you to think.

Really, the only reason they are trying to move everybody over to online-only games is so they can kill off a game by switching off the server whenever they want, and force you to buy the next game.

Marius789
1 year ago#10
Yeah, but why wouldn’t you buy the newer improved version? The physics are much better. You can create races that have all those things in Arcade Mode except dynamic time/day.

Or you can join leagues that do that stuff.

Also, unless I’m remembering incorrectly, what is so different about GTS’s campaign vs. the previous ones? Besides the amount of races.

Edit: or dynamic weather because it’s fixed.
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo Sport
  3. I know this game is old, and I got it for $10 but...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A