• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Driveclub Bikes
  3. What Are Your First Impressions?

User Info: Spootz

Spootz
3 years ago#11
Yeah, the math is definitely correct. I thought I explained it well enough with my first post. You begin with two, then you unlock four. That gives you a total of six.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
3 years ago#12
BuddhaTheXile posted...
I'll go back to Ride which is a pretty decent offering, especially since Milestone seems to be murdering the MotoGP series with game killing bugs, etc...

I'm in the market for a bike game - I haven't played one for many years, but I'm after something different to what I normally play (ie F1 and Gran Turismo). So the question is - from somebody who has experience of MotoGP and Ride, which would be the better game for somebody who's not a big bike fan? I have a passing interest in the sport (and in IOM), but I honestly don't know a thing about them, but I'm after a game with realism and plenty of options. I've been discussing both games in threads on the MotoGP and Ride boards, so you could reply in either of those.

Same questuoin to nordwest, if you have any input.

User Info: xMachRiderx

xMachRiderx
3 years ago#13
I bought it full price when I could've gotten a $5 discount for already suffering through Driveclub's launch.

Shucks.
The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.

User Info: nordwest

nordwest
3 years ago#14
Yup, confirmed. I fail at life because I miscounted the bikes in-game. And I'm not that much of an interweb dumbass that I can't admit it:12 it indeed is (though R1M + R1 is pretty lazy don't you think? Why not just load on the different spec / special editions of the F4 or Ducati's while they're at it?)

Anyway, moving on...

DarkDoc posted...
BuddhaTheXile posted...
I'll go back to Ride which is a pretty decent offering, especially since Milestone seems to be murdering the MotoGP series with game killing bugs, etc...

I'm in the market for a bike game - I haven't played one for many years, but I'm after something different to what I normally play (ie F1 and Gran Turismo). So the question is - from somebody who has experience of MotoGP and Ride, which would be the better game for somebody who's not a big bike fan? I have a passing interest in the sport (and in IOM), but I honestly don't know a thing about them, but I'm after a game with realism and plenty of options. I've been discussing both games in threads on the MotoGP and Ride boards, so you could reply in either of those.

Same questuoin to nordwest, if you have any input.

RIDE, even compared to the bug-free MotoGP'14. Probably easier to get into due to the greater number of machine classes, the racing environments aren't limited to circuits, and the customisation options are arguably greater. Realism-wise it's not at all bad - a world closer to real-life riding than Driveclub Bikes, but graphically it's not as good. Now that it's had a North American release there may be a larger community online than some time ago too (its been a few months since I last played it) but whether you can race cross-region or not really I don't know.
beep

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
3 years ago#15
Thanks for the input. I went for MotoGP 15 in the end, since it had an advantage in terms of number of tracks, and things like weather, nighttime, twice as many bikes on track at once, and because I don't know enough about bikes to appreciate the large number of classes in other games.

As for the bugs, I'd heard about the Motegi career one, but I just assumed that they would get patched out eventually. Is this not the case? And what other bugs are there? It seems like they are still working on the game (ie DLC still to come).

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
3 years ago#16
I like it. The arcade handling makes it a little more fun to me than MotoGP or RIDE.
I've been gaming since 1974. I've seen/played/been-there-done-that all before. Now I'm bored and posting on forums.
  1. Boards
  2. Driveclub Bikes
  3. What Are Your First Impressions?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Need some peopleJ_Miller990217/28 12:05PM