• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands Triple Pack
  3. Why Didn't They Release This On PS4?

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 years ago#1
Seems like a no brainer to me.

Would anyone actually buy this for PS3/360?
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.

User Info: namelessuser

namelessuser
4 years ago#2
I would. I don't actually own any of the games. I got to try out Borderlands 2 on PS Plus and it seemed fun but the randoms I played with didn't want me taking well, any loot at all really. Plus some of them just wouldn't go to a gate etc. If I could figure out if I could do most of the games solo then sure, I'll buy it. It is fun playing with others shooting stuff but I don't really get the loot systems in MP :/
The word fear doesn't exist in my vocabulary!

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 years ago#3
Passing myself.
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.

User Info: r0BSCENE

r0BSCENE
4 years ago#4
I'd assume it'd eat into the Handsome collection sales they already released for PS4.

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
4 years ago#5
They didn't (or won't) upgrade the first BL for the newer consoles, so PS4/X1 isn't an option.

User Info: eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret
3 years ago#6
They did. It's called The Handsome Collection. Why would they release the same collection for the same system twice?
The Triple Pack is merely the PS3 version of The Handsome Collection. You can even transfer your saves from the PS3 versions of the games to the PS4.
They really shoulda just released this one sooner than they did.

User Info: pikafox85

pikafox85
3 years ago#7
eighthdayregret posted...
They did. It's called The Handsome Collection. Why would they release the same collection for the same system twice?
The Triple Pack is merely the PS3 version of The Handsome Collection. You can even transfer your saves from the PS3 versions of the games to the PS4.
They really shoulda just released this one sooner than they did.

Borderlands Triple Pack has the complete trilogy of Borderlands games [Borderlands], [Borderlands 2] and [Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!] and also includes all of the DLC including stuff that wasn't in the GOTY editions including the second season campaigns for BL2, as well as all of the character costume packs. All it is missing to be totally complete is the Tales from the Borderlands game. This is what The Handsome Collection on PS4 SHOULD have been, and why it was only collected on last gen systems is anyone's guess.

The Handsome Collection only contains [Borderlands 2] and [Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!] with 'most' DLC from those games. I don't own a PS4 yet but I think it's safe to assume all of the DLC from the triple pack are intact, except obviously for the original Borderlands.

So no, it's not merely the same game released on last gen systems. It's a bit more than that. For me, having a physical copy of BL1 and BL2 (as I own them digitally as well) along with every bit of DLC (assuming no more is expected for Pre-Sequel!, which I don't think there will be since it was reviewed less favorably for being too similar to 2) made it worth the asking price since I love these games. After all, I did buy BL1 digitally on PS3, Steam, and also as part of the triple pack and BL2 digitally on PS3, Steam, GOTY physical on PS3 which I am planning on giving away to a friend, and triple pack. This is however my first and so far only copy of Pre-Sequel! I have purchased (until a good Steam sale) and hopefully the last until I get a PS4 and buy it again... And BL2 for the 5th time >_>

When I get a Vita at some point there will be another copy of Borderlands 2 for me to buy...
wow boyz these are some super dank maymayz i r8 8/8 - Blobs_
I love jokes that imply that ponies use the internet.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands Triple Pack
  3. Why Didn't They Release This On PS4?
  • Topic Archived