• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dark Witch 2
  3. The rhythm mini-game: the way to get 4 stars WOW ranking!

User Info: Drac_Mazoku

Drac_Mazoku
5 years ago#1
There's something REALLY important the game is not telling you. I knew something was fishing when I was doing ALL PERFECT (the ball was always cut), and sometimes I was getting only 3 stars, and even worst, sometimes even 2.

Then I realized that you could tap the D-Pad for a different move, and the L/R for another one. Then I realized something. If you tap 2 differents move REALLY quickly at every beat, you actually get 2 Combos. That way, you can get to 4 stars really easily, even without a full combo.

I wish there was actually instruction to figure that out, because I was really frustrated of not getting the best rank even with a perfect score. At least, I can share that info with the few people who come to this board.
My 3DS digital games collection:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
5 years ago#2
Interesting. That was most likely not intended.

I do love finding all the glitches in these games; some might say its bad programming, but all the best games have a few glaring bugs that are fun to exploit. I just consider it a part of its charm.

A little glitch that I found the other day is that if you move the camera just offscreen of where an enemy respawns and go to the weapon menu, the enemy will respawn and move around WHILE you're still in the menu. This works in the first game too.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
5 years ago#3
Actually, after checking it out, that probably was intentional. I guess you have to judge when to double slice and when not to, since double slicing takes more time.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: Drac_Mazoku

Drac_Mazoku
5 years ago#4
It's fully intentional. Like I've said, even doing a Perfect Full Combo (no rebound, always cut in half) sometimes only give you 2 stars. Also the fact that you need to do 2 differents move for it to work, and like you've said that you get a small frame where you can't move afterward (so you need to chose when to use it) really show that it was designed to work that way. Plus, from what I can see, this is THE ONLY WAY to get 4 stars in many songs.

It's just stupid that there is no indication about it anywhere. Even the bottom screen only tell you to use A to hit, and START to quit. Anyway, I hope it will help people achieving their Play Level easily. I already got my 4 stars on all 10 songs on both easy and difficult myself. Now I'm working on my last 2 Play Level: Lunatic with the second character and 70% with the pixel art collection. After that, I'll be 100% done with the game.
My 3DS digital games collection:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku

User Info: GenexAllyRemote

GenexAllyRemote
5 years ago#5
I've gotten 4* on Easy and Difficult on 5 of the 10 songs so far with only using the A button (I knew you could use the others, but just using A worked for me), so It's probably not intended.
For reference of which songs; Promise From another World, Pretty on the Outside, High Speed Altitude Sanctuary, Noisy Vacation, and Grand Final Battle!!
There's a definite Timing to it, almost like there's a hidden score feature. Slashing apart each Projectile when it was about where Rudy's Head was got me the 4* pretty consistently, but I've gotten it with hitting away some of the projectiles (Which I analogize to Early/Late in DDR) or even flat out missing one or two, mainly on difficult.
...It does seem to be somewhat random, though, as I've gotten 3* when slashing everything apart, and I ended up getting 4* when hitting away 3-4 AND Missing one entirely on the same song.
*Shot*
Some People, yo.
(message deleted)

GenexAllyRemote
5 years ago#7
I feel the the D-Pad and L/R different animations are mainly just for fun, if you want her to grunt along to the song or whatever, I guess. As for them triggering the bug, it may be because of
A.) They put in the extra animations in later so they're not properly done
B.) the Cooldown from the first animation is cancelled from triggering the 2nd; I actually did sometimes up the D-Pad along with A to help mitigate the cooldown in spots where you had to hit 3+ in a row very quickly, so I think this is most likely.
Who knows though. They might patch it out, but for now, it's a way to cheese the Minigame if you dont wanna spend 30+ mins on each song like me.
*Shot*
Some People, yo.

User Info: rainfall789

rainfall789
5 years ago#8
Yeah, I only got two stars using only one button, but with two buttons at the same time, I can get 4 stars. This is also a good method for farming Syega to use for unlockables.

GenexAllyRemote
5 years ago#9
Playing Lunatic is honestly better for "grinding" syega. I got 5000 for beating it with Zizou (All Max Upgrades) and 7500 for beating it with Sola (Power +2, Speed +2, Invincibile Time Up +2, Jump+, Block +2). Both took around 1:30, and I'm sure if you're good, you could do it in leass time with less upgrades, which seemingly up the amount of Syega you get.

Keep in mind that, even with perfect combo 4 stars on Difficult, I only really get 100-150 Syega per play, and the songs are ~2 minutes each (At the very least, Pretty on the Outside is, and I believe most of the others are about the same length). If you get 150 Syega each time, you get 6750 Syega, less than what I got with Sola. So, this is one of the better ways, but definitely not the best. Plus playing lunatic trains you for speedrunning, and Sola is broken as hell so it's still pretty easy. Need to test this more, but I've gotten everything just by doing the Rhythym Minigames until I got 4* and doing 6 runs total (4 casual/Very easy, 2 Lunatic).

I'm still not sure what the huge problem was in getting 4 Stars. I got 4 Stars fairly easily in most songs only using 1 button, With a bit of trouble on Noisy Vacation and Sleeping Rock 'n' roll in particular. It does take some practice, but it isn't bad. I even had a lot of trouble with actually doing the 2-buttton thing; More often than not I just missed.
Maybe I'm just reall good at rhythym, so I don't know.
*Shot*
Some People, yo.

User Info: gs_bassxx

gs_bassxx
5 years ago#10
I'd say dangerous mode expert Zizou is the easiest way to farm syega (though even after burning 20k syega in the gacha I still can't get those last 2 dots)
You need one of two things to play RPGs: Patience or Luck
FC: 4682-8577-4356 --- New Leaf Town: Knighton, Pkmn Y (Safari: Fighting with Riolu)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dark Witch 2
  3. The rhythm mini-game: the way to get 4 stars WOW ranking!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Best way to farm Syega? Build3 Answers
Secret Syega Shop Question? General1 Answer
How do I activate Dash? General3 Answers