• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Better magic tank P Cecil or Lucas?
Lucas might be one of the biggest gIog faiIs so far. Not because he's bad, in fact that's why it's that big of a faiI, but because he doesn't even have a reaIIy noteworthy niche that other gIog units have that can't be repIaced by other reguIar units, even the ones that are actuaIIy terribIe. And it stiII Iooks Iike a trash goriIIa to top it off
Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
1 week ago#42
lucas only real advantage over cecil was his type mitigation, which is completely negated by having Rena as your healer.

his imbue is cute and all but you can get elsewhere with xon.

his lb having mirage is also a niche because it is not available every turn to make mirage truly useful
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: PotatoKey

PotatoKey
1 week ago#43
I have both and i would say P.Cecil gets more use of me.

Lucas does have potential to become absurdly op if they make his LB cheaper and allow him to dual cast his Cover with other skills.

User Info: Caliberpoo

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#44
Hitori_Roku posted...
lucas only real advantage over cecil was his type mitigation, which is completely negated by having Rena as your healer.

his imbue is cute and all but you can get elsewhere with xon.

his lb having mirage is also a niche because it is not available every turn to make mirage truly useful

oh so you need another Glex ftw unit to bypass him Atleast you’re Glex ftw

but no rena and pencil can’t keep their mag mitigation up permanately

also I only occasionally need mirage one turn, with emperor foo spamming mirage, Lucas lb every 3 turns or so spamming mirage and sylvie having 10,000 needles and foo being able to summon fenrir whenever

having that Extra mirage from another source in there is a big help
(edited 1 week ago)

Hitori_Roku
1 week ago#45
Caliberpoo posted...
oh so you need another Glex ftw unit to bypass him Atleast you’re Glex ftw

pseudo glex because she originated from the jp version. also i don't mind units who actually came from another game because i am not entirely a glex hater but i always hated global nobodies (global original created units who don't have a backstory) . Rena is atleast a star ocean character and i even played the game.
likewise I played deus ex and I have no problem having jensen (although ffbe doesn't do him any justice with such a boring kit)

also i haven't used my ticket to exchange for a unit, so at this moment I don't even have rena

but no rena and pencil can’t keep their mag mitigation up permanately
does it matter? there are plenty of alternatives to magic mitigation and if you really need lot of magic mitigation you can still use Lunafreya

also I only occasionally need mirage one turn, with emperor foo spamming mirage, Lucas lb every 3 turns or so spamming mirage and sylvie having 10,000 needles and foo being able to summon fenrir whenever
ergo, Lucas's mirage sucks because you can use it elsewhere

having that Extra mirage from another source in there is a big help
how? you still have Foo and 10k needles? I can simply use rikku for mirage spam or in the future vaan
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Caliberpoo

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#46
Hitori_Roku posted...
pseudo glex because she originated from the jp version. also i don't mind units who actually came from another game because i am not entirely a glex hater but i always hated global nobodies (global original created units who don't have a backstory) . Rena is atleast a star ocean character and i even played the game.
likewise I played deus ex and I have no problem having jensen (although ffbe doesn't do him any justice with such a boring kit)

also i haven't used my ticket to exchange for a unit, so at this moment I don't even have rena
does it matter? there are plenty of alternatives to magic mitigation and if you really need lot of magic mitigation you can still use Lunafreya

ergo, Lucas's mirage sucks because you can use it elsewhere

how? you still have Foo and 10k needles? I can simply use rikku for mirage spam or in the future vaan

it would appear my intelligence far exceeded your understanding so I’m not gonna waste my breath trying to keep explaining to you

Hitori_Roku
1 week ago#47
Caliberpoo posted...
it would appear my intelligence far exceeded your understanding so I’m not gonna waste my breath trying to keep explaining to you
ergo, lucas sucks because his extra utility is so easily replaceable.

also your intelligence as a compulsive liar means nothing
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Putzgrav

Putzgrav
1 week ago#48
DarkMesh posted...
An honest answer I think. Personally I don't own Lucas, only Paladin Cecil but I saw Lucas in action in many video's and he's awesome. Hope he comes back, perhaps even with upgrades as they always do to glex units, then I am trying to get him. My Cecil is strong and good enough but I honestly don't understand the hype very well.
They might do some awaken/latent abilities, same goes with pecil.. let's wait till next christmas perhaps
FFBE 039.794.756 - Daily Gifter
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Better magic tank P Cecil or Lucas?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A