• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. TDW magic: What is it good for?

User Info: moot_sg

moot_sg
4 weeks ago#1
I've asked this question here and there, but since I've never gotten a proper answer I thought I'd make a thread for it.

I've been wondering for a long time if I should put down some UoCs and/or STMR tickets for Ravenheart or Upgrade Package (I have Malphasie at 6 stars and AI Katy at 7). Problem is, I can never get a higher MAG damage in FFBEEquip than what I already have.

For context, I do have pretty good TDH Mag stuff in my inventory: Exquisite Hairpiece, Nutkin Hairpin, Magic Charger/Potential, Top Operative, Channel Anger.

So when is TDW magic stronger than TDH, if not just the availability of Ravenheart/Upgrade Package? Am I failing to consider limited gear like Winter Child or something else? Is it easier to keep TDW magic high when I have to gear for bulk and killers? Or do I just happen to have enough the TDH gear that TDW is redundant?
PSN: moot_sg - Pawn:Zoot/Strider /Level 87

User Info: DarkVeritas217

DarkVeritas217
4 weeks ago#2
Upgrade package doesn't give magic tdw

tdw will always get you higher results as long as the tdh cap is at 300.
obviously tdw is not always applicable. when the unit has no innate dw or no tdw passives
FFBE Player ID: 972,589,657
Still got room on my friendlist

User Info: Da1N02

Da1N02
4 weeks ago#3
The only real difference with TDW is you can make mages a bit more bulkier and you have the chance for more damage through weapons with killers since you'll be able to equip two

If a mage has both TDH and TDW in their kit I'll tend to go with TDW since it would be easier to cap as well in most cases
FFBE GL (IGN: Mamba) ID: 079,315,266 - PM me if you need specific units! Also certain users are blocked. If I make a topic that's already been made...Apologies!

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
4 weeks ago#4
Somewhat it depends on the unit, what passives they already have. But this in more in regards to building for killers.

More specifically if they already naturally dual wield or not, Four Winds Physalis tmr makes it easy to build for tdw though for those units.

Ignoring materia the answer is this.

It's the wands. Asura's wand and stardust are trial rewards that give 174 and 167 flat magic and can be given 20% more magic% each.

So the TDH build has (for stmr purposes and values) 174 wand, 50 hat, 70 robe, trinkets at 50 magic each. 300% cap 1,182 magic with 20% boost to stats

The tdw build has 174 wand, 167 wand, 50 hat, 70 robe, and trinkets at 50 each. 200% cap is 1,122 with 40% in stats. Plus you can have more hp mods.

That also doesn't take into account killers. True dual wield builds can also toss up some decent staves to boost spirit. Generally speaking in closer to best in slot options, the difference isn't really super significant and it boils down to what passives the unit has already. I can gear Both Draconic princess fina and Lezard around the same values going either way for example. Lezard is hard to get a killer materia in on a TDW build and Fina has a similar problem when going TDH (not including her TDH bow build which basically requires her stmr).

However on that version of fina since she can natively dual wield, has 100% TDW and 150% TDH her numbers for either will be really really close.

gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag for unit requests

moot_sg
4 weeks ago#5
DarkVeritas217 posted...
Upgrade package doesn't give magic tdw
I should clarify: I can potentially have WL Fina’s STMR (I have 2x 7-stars), but the reason I haven’t fused them yet is the same: the calculator tells me that TDH Asura’s Rod is still the best for WL Fina. It boggles the mind that her own STMR is not the best in slot, even if I have Ravenheart.

User Info: uwnim

uwnim
4 weeks ago#6
Tdw will let units use the dv rod and a killer rod.
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
4 weeks ago#7
TDW makes useless squishy mages useable because it makes it easier to build for flat mag with 2 rods.
Too stupid to be BAF2P(BTW)
FFRK: t5PE; FFBE: 875,851,263

User Info: DarkVeritas217

DarkVeritas217
4 weeks ago#8
moot_sg posted...
I should clarify: I can potentially have WL Fina’s STMR (I have 2x 7-stars), but the reason I haven’t fused them yet is the same: the calculator tells me that TDH Asura’s Rod is still the best for WL Fina. It boggles the mind that her own STMR is not the best in slot, even if I have Ravenheart.

that's cause whatever you put in caps you anyway and the rod just has a higher base mag.
here is a tdw build with one open slot. it has fina's stmr and ravenheart, which you seem to have. used nagi's stmr cause it's not limited.
Rest are tmr or trial gear

White Lily Dark Fina 7★
Right hand: True Empress Birch ATK+74, MAG+172, MAG+20% (IW :MAG +15%, MAG +5%)
Left hand: Asura's Rod (FFBE) MP+20%, ATK+12, MAG+174, MAG+20% (IW :MAG/MP +20%)
Head: Royal Crown DEF+16, MAG+50, SPR+32
Body: Lordly Robes (FFBE) DEF+45, MAG+65, SPR+65
Accessory 1: Ravenheart MP+10%, ATK+40, ATK+20%, DEF+10, MAG+40, MAG+20%, SPR+10
Accessory 2: Cursed Doll+ MAG+72
Materia 1: Tetra Sylphid Synergy MP+20%, MAG+50%
Materia 2: Sorceress of Hess MAG+50%
Materia 4: Yin-Yang Dual Hand ATK+40%, MAG+40%
Esper: Bahamut HP+103, MP+101, ATK+92, DEF+92, MAG+92, SPR+92
Total: HP:8255, MP:1033, ATK:741, DEF:506, MAG:3396, SPR:595

can't think of a tdh set getting close to this with similar gear
FFBE Player ID: 972,589,657
Still got room on my friendlist

moot_sg
4 weeks ago#9
So I need both Malphasie’s and Nagi’s STMRs to free up one ability slot? I can see why you guys say TDW magic is a lot less accessible. 🤔

User Info: flkid

flkid
4 weeks ago#10
moot_sg posted...
So I need both Malphasie’s and Nagi’s STMRs to free up one ability slot? I can see why you guys say TDW magic is a lot less accessible. 🤔

Yea there really arent many options at all for TDW magic. The other one is christines STMR who is limited so...have fun with that lol. Luckily I have both Ravenheart and Ying Yang so I can build some nice TDW mages but it sucks how limited they are.

In general mages are just way gimped compared to physical DD in this game. From limited TDW selection, chains stopping for AOE casts when the enemy dies, barely any of the same element CWA chaining units etc. Feels like someone hates mages over at Alim/Gumi.
PSN: DarkVelstadt
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. TDW magic: What is it good for?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A