• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Beating Mateus with a Chair

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
1 week ago#1
On this quiet week, thought I'd go back and try killing Emperor some more. My previous kills were the mega tanky Elena. I just got King Rain and decided to try him out.

Team is Charlotte, Locke, Sylvie, Myra, Rains. It starts off fine with Sylvie's massive stat boost CD and magic mitigation + Myra's General mitigation CD keeping me afloat until Charlotte can do her LB thing.

Once we get below 50% I just cannot keep the Rains alive consistently. Either their LB is on a turn where the boss mitigation is up, or the Starfall Shooting Star combo wipes a Rain or maybe 2. The by the time I've got imbues up turn 2 has rolled around again and down they go again.

Currently they have about 13k HP and 650 SPR after buffs.

Any tips to keep them alive?
Too stupid to be BAF2P(BTW)
FFRK: t5PE; FFBE: 875,851,263
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
1 week ago#2
SSJPabs posted...
On this quiet week, thought I'd go back and try killing Emperor some more. My previous kills were the mega tanky Elena. I just got King Rain and decided to try him out.

Team is Charlotte, Locke, Sylvie, Myra, Rains. It starts off fine with Sylvie's massive stat boost CD and magic mitigation + Myra's General mitigation CD keeping me afloat until Charlotte can do her LB thing.

Once we get below 50% I just cannot keep the Rains alive consistently. Either their LB is on a turn where the boss mitigation is up, or the Starfall Shooting Star combo wipes a Rain or maybe 2. The by the time I've got imbues up turn 2 has rolled around again and down they go again.

Currently they have about 13k HP and 650 SPR after buffs.

Any tips to keep them alive?

Well Sylvie's stat boost is kind of crap, so that could be your issue. :)
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: Songi

Songi
1 week ago#3
PrinceOfHot posted...
Pretty much this.

If you have her, Lunafreya would solve your survivability issue instantly. Sylvie's mitigation buffs (25% each) are kinda weak for today's standards. Lunafreya has 40% on demand magic mitigation and 50% magic mitigation from a CD. Her 200% stat boost LB is icing on the cake.
FFBE: Akari - 642,936,448
(edited 1 week ago)

SSJPabs
1 week ago#4
PrinceOfHot posted...
170% stat boost is not crap even today...

Anyhow, no Luna. My strongest buffer is Primrose. But then I'd need to switch Myra out for Folka and the lack of reraise or group full life is kind of iffy.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: JThon

JThon
1 week ago#5
Honestly 650 SPR is way low on the King Rains. I recall using the full set of Catastrophic gear and a 10% SPR boost on my weapon to survive with my Eleven. Elena was fine. I went in to the fight with 800 SPR no buffs.
FFBE ID JThon: 546, 351, 721
Ayaka, 2B, Zargabaath, Tidus, Luneth, Emperor, Olive, FireV, Elza, Fryevia, Yun, Noel, Noctis, Dark Fina, Delita, DKC for sharing

SSJPabs
1 week ago#6
JThon posted...
Honestly 650 SPR is way low on the King Rains. I recall using the full set of Catastrophic gear and a 10% SPR boost on my weapon to survive with my Eleven. Elena was fine. I went in to the fight with 800 SPR no buffs.
Well yeah, but I'm bored of beating things with Elena, lol.

User Info: JThon

JThon
1 week ago#7
SSJPabs posted...
Well yeah, but I'm bored of beating things with Elena, lol.
So am I! She has been benched but at the time Eleven's best chaining partner was her.
FFBE ID JThon: 546, 351, 721
Ayaka, 2B, Zargabaath, Tidus, Luneth, Emperor, Olive, FireV, Elza, Fryevia, Yun, Noel, Noctis, Dark Fina, Delita, DKC for sharing
(edited 1 week ago)

SSJPabs
1 week ago#8
Alright! Got him with double Chair Rain and got that pesky limit burst star too.

Used @ksuwdboots Rain, and key was that like mine he too was packing the Cross Aigion Arm. First LB on turn 2 blew off 41% of his HP. Allowed me to push the thresholds fast enough to avoid most of the RNG. Thanks @ksuwdboots !

My stats: 2469 ATK, 444 SPR, 13.1k HP. 200% Human Killer.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots
1 week ago#9
SSJPabs posted...
Alright! Got him with double Chair Rain and got that pesky limit burst star too.

Used @ksuwdboots Rain, and key was that like mine he too was packing the Cross Aigion Arm. First LB on turn 2 blew off 41% of his HP. Allowed me to push the thresholds fast enough to avoid most of the RNG. Thanks @ksuwdboots !

My stats: 2469 ATK, 444 SPR, 13.1k HP. 200% Human Killer.
Congrats, glad my Rain could help!
FFBE ID: 108,595,185
FFBE IGN: ksuwdboo
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Beating Mateus with a Chair
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers