• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Did Japan Paladin Cecil step-up banners guarantee one 5* Cecil like CG Rain's?

User Info: Bigbigboss

Bigbigboss
1 month ago#1
Among all the festival units, I'm most looking forward to Paladin Cecil. His skills r amazing. Just wondering his step up in Japan had a guaranteed 5* Cecil in the 5th step like the upcoming CG Rain step up banner. I mean, did their step up banners separate to 3. Each got their own guaranteed on banner Rainbow?

By the change on UoC, we can easily exchange a prism on the first day of the event. So, I wonder how about their step up too? Will there be separated to individual too?

By the way, haven't u guys noticed that most of the upcoming festival summon units r on Stardust chaining family like CG Rain, CG WoL, Madam, P.Cecil......?
7% drop rate is for jokes!

User Info: frozentuna

frozentuna
1 month ago#2
No. Cg cecil shared the banner with palom & polum. The guaranteed at 5th step was either cecil or p&p.

Iirc, only chair rain, chair lassie, and cg legs were the sole featured rainbow on their banners. Everything else after that were double, triple or even quad rainbow banners.
Cg wol was also on a single rainbow banner, a non-fest unit. But since global is taking a different approach, only gimu knows what they will do with it.

User Info: Innocent_baby

Innocent_baby
1 month ago#3
frozentuna posted...
No. Cg cecil shared the banner with palom & polum. The guaranteed at 5th step was either cecil or p&p.

Iirc, only chair rain, chair lassie, and cg legs were the sole featured rainbow on their banners. Everything else after that were double, triple or even quad rainbow banners.
Cg wol was also on a single rainbow banner, a non-fest unit. But since global is taking a different approach, only gimu knows what they will do with it.

With the new format multi banners are the bane if it's existence so if Gumi even tries to do so without giving SOME option to get a chance of getting the unit alone (i.e. that 9+1+1 for Comfy Couch Rain)
And the Community doesn't raise hell and a half over it, then it is just asking for them to piss all over us I don't care if they even quintuple the rates.
IGN Hamguar FFBE:272 239 256
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/361/5/b/cucco_by_z_raid-d8bhahq.png

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
1 month ago#4
and in JP if you did the step up and got only one copy of either Cecil or the twins, and you had no more lapis or tickets that was all you got. You can't UOC a second one or a prism or anything.

In global if you get the twins from the guaranteed you can still buy their prism. In global you can pull Cecil off banner on all banners, not just the 2-3 summon fest banners a month.

and with summon fests, you were literally saving all your lapis for as many steps as you could. You were minimizing your ticket usage. In global it's just a smart idea to save for at least a full round of step, but if you get lucky on your first step and you have the UOC you are done. Yes luck, but not as much luck need to get two copies.
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
1 month ago#5
wyldman11 posted...
and in JP if you did the step up and got only one copy of either Cecil or the twins, and you had no more lapis or tickets that was all you got. You can't UOC a second one or a prism or anything.

In global if you get the twins from the guaranteed you can still buy their prism. In global you can pull Cecil off banner on all banners, not just the 2-3 summon fest banners a month.

and with summon fests, you were literally saving all your lapis for as many steps as you could. You were minimizing your ticket usage. In global it's just a smart idea to save for at least a full round of step, but if you get lucky on your first step and you have the UOC you are done. Yes luck, but not as much luck need to get two copies.

you are right but uoc tickets are more scarce in global than in jp.

global gave out less free uoc tickets, the anniversary gave out probably less uoc tickets and even right now we can only earn 2 per month, while jp you could get 3 per month. we are also missing the monthly whale arena week for getting uoc tickets for being placed in the top 5000 (you could get more uoc tickets depending on your rank, plus some blank trust moogles). edit i forgot that we didn't even get expert missions for another potential 20 "free" uoc tickets

8 uoc tickets for 1 prism also means 4 months of our tickets and i am not sure everyone has been hoarding them because they might have heard of the summon fest fiasco in jp. so some people have already used a few

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
1 month ago#6
Hitori_Roku posted...
wyldman11 posted...

global gave out less free uoc tickets, the anniversary gave out probably less uoc tickets and even right now we can only earn 2 per month, while jp you could get 3 per month. we are also missing the monthly whale arena week for getting uoc tickets for being placed in the top 5000 (you could get more uoc tickets depending on your rank, plus some blank trust moogles)

I'm aware. In fact I would say us not getting whale week was in the long run better for the playerbase, as it allowed a changet to 'summon fests' like this to be happen.

At the end of the day I say this is a good compromise between player and company and better than what JP got. Could it have been a better compromise? Likely, but I don't believe there is a 'perfect' compromise either. Perfect would be one where no one (or extremely few) complained about it on either side.
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

Bigbigboss
1 month ago#7
frozentuna posted...

I hope they're desperated to 3 summon banners like the 5* Galuf's but I have a bad feeling about that they won't let us get him that easy. They'll put 3 5* base together. If I'm not mistaken, we'll know it on the CG Terra banners one week later.

Bigbigboss
1 month ago#8
wyldman11 posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
wyldman11 posted...

global gave out less free uoc tickets, the anniversary gave out probably less uoc tickets and even right now we can only earn 2 per month, while jp you could get 3 per month. we are also missing the monthly whale arena week for getting uoc tickets for being placed in the top 5000 (you could get more uoc tickets depending on your rank, plus some blank trust moogles)

I'm aware. In fact I would say us not getting whale week was in the long run better for the playerbase, as it allowed a changet to 'summon fests' like this to be happen.

At the end of the day I say this is a good compromise between player and company and better than what JP got. Could it have been a better compromise? Likely, but I don't believe there is a 'perfect' compromise either. Perfect would be one where no one (or extremely few) complained about it on either side.

After the changes, I think we're better than Japan.

User Info: Sangraal5632

Sangraal5632
1 month ago#9
It doesn't really matter right? Units are no collab or limited time. They are in the pool forever and I am sure anyone could pull any of them at some point, even more so because old 5* units are permanently removed from the pool except for ex tickets and 10+1's.

Bigbigboss
1 month ago#10
Bigbigboss posted...
frozentuna posted...

I hope they're desperated to 3 summon banners like the 5* Galuf's but I have a bad feeling about that they won't let us get him that easy. They'll put 3 5* base together. If I'm not mistaken, we'll know it on the CG Terra banners one week later.

*Amendment "If I'm not mistaken, CG Terra event is on next week, then we'll know it."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Did Japan Paladin Cecil step-up banners guarantee one 5* Cecil like CG Rain's?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers