• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
1 week ago#51
BasilShim posted...
It's so weird to me, that in a Final Fantasy game people care more about some noname badly designed units than original Final Fantasy characters.

Who the f*** honestly cares about FF5 characters? Well, besides Boko.
"Doesn't matter, still obtainable. You were wrong, simply admit it and apologize for your ignorance and s*** attitude." - Firemage7777 to SuperZay

User Info: DerDoDo

DerDoDo
1 week ago#52
Never understood this 'nostalgia only' shtick.
This is a new game with new characters with their own story and personality and you can use units of other games as well but with no attachment to anything that this game is about.

For me, ignoring most of the first part would make it much more boring and I kinda embrace the game for what it is. By god not without flaws but I can still acknowledge a good character design and/or usefulness.

FF characters are nice but you really do nothing with to gain attachment anyway. They have a short banner and that’s it. After that they are just like every other unit, even less than the actual story characters of this game.

And yes, it’s a FF game, not a main series title but if the title says it you gotta be sure it counts for something, as well as seeing them bringing the main cast if this into other games already. Denying it is just Mano levels of F2P...
don't bend, ascend!
BE:455 327 471 -Dood-

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
1 week ago#53
DerDoDo posted...
Never understood this 'nostalgia only' shtick.
This is a new game with new characters with their own story and personality and you can use units of other games as well but with no attachment to anything that this game is about.

For me, ignoring most of the first part would make it much more boring and I kinda embrace the game for what it is. By god not without flaws but I can still acknowledge a good character design and/or usefulness.

FF characters are nice but you really do nothing with to gain attachment anyway. They have a short banner and that’s it. After that they are just like every other unit, even less than the actual story characters of this game.

And yes, it’s a FF game, not a main series title but if the title says it you gotta be sure it counts for something, as well as seeing them bringing the main cast if this into other games already. Denying it is just Mano levels of F2P...
i have nothing against the story characters and the original final fantasy characters but those characters entirely devoid of story like those global exclusive have nothing to look forward to except their kit

like i still know almost nothing about morgana and elena and just a little about kryla and christine but even f***ing less about esther, kaito, tsukiko and other non precursor related global originals like felix, tiana, lucius and lilith etc. except for their 3 or 4 paragraph bio.

atleast for the ffbe villains and protagonists and side characters (although not all of them) , you know their story and same goes for the original ff protagonists for nostalgia and the plot in their original games.

global fails in making the characters intriguing for me and to me esther isn't much better than rizer, who both have little story telling behind them.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Manowarrior35

Manowarrior35
1 week ago#54
Lucavi000 posted...
BasilShim posted...
It's so weird to me, that in a Final Fantasy game people care more about some noname badly designed units than original Final Fantasy characters.

Who the f*** honestly cares about FF5 characters? Well, besides Boko.

I already have all 3 of them, don't care about a re-skinned version.

Another skip banner.
FFBE GL: Manowarr 555,298,936
"If you're already winning, you don't need to win more." - Howl
  • Post New Message