• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. What is the deal with this Katy Pery infestation?

User Info: Last_Arm

Last_Arm
4 weeks ago#1
Who the hell is this tart and why is a FINAL FANTASY game saturated with her? Who has been clamoring for this creature to be front and center in this game? I can't believe fans of FF would ask for this. Are her people sleeping with the people at Gumi and this is why I can't turn my head without seeing another event for Katy "Satan's Left Buttcheek" Perri? If this is an attempt to sell more of her noise, can we also expect to see the game choking on ads for professional sports/clothes/cars soon?

I thought whales were spending tens of thousands of $$$ on this free game, how much is Katy "You Can't Escape From My Accursed Visage" Peryy paying to be plastered here? I would be willing to spend real money for a version of this game that does not have pop culture trash.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
4 weeks ago#2
The funny thing is Gumi is actually paying her to be in the game and they are paying her with revenue earned from players so in reality the players are paying her to be in the game. Yet nobody wanted this...
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
4 weeks ago#3
Okay if you really dont know who she is thats weird.

Also relax. Its all over for good October 1
Too stupid to be BAF2P(BTW)
FFRK: t5PE; FFBE: 875,851,263

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
4 weeks ago#4
ShadowGirlxox posted...
The funny thing is Gumi is actually paying her to be in the game and they are paying her with revenue earned from players so in reality the players are paying her to be in the game. Yet nobody wanted this...

From my understanding.

Both her and the Ariana grande event did bring in new players, many likely aren't still playing mind you, but a fair number did spend just not lots.

Based on the fact they did it a second time, it was likely lucrative for gumi.
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

User Info: reedux

reedux
4 weeks ago#5
wyldman11 posted...
Both her and the Ariana grande event did bring in new players, many likely aren't still playing mind you, but a fair number did spend just not lots.

gotta be a special kind of idiot to spend $ on a little piece of animated digital art just cause you like the person/character...oh wait....nevermind

User Info: moot_sg

moot_sg
4 weeks ago#6
CK Ariana was bae for a pretty long time. Utility is always welcome— I play this game for fun, not for role playing.
PSN: moot_sg - Pawn:Zoot/Strider /Level 87

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
4 weeks ago#7
Katy probably needs the money more right now after that dumb song lawsuit lol
Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Ricemills

Ricemills
4 weeks ago#8
you people never heard something called a Brand Ambassador before?
You have the right to remain silent. anything you post will be misquoted, then be used against you.

User Info: AGENTDV1

AGENTDV1
4 weeks ago#9
Last_Arm posted...
Who the hell is this tart and why is a FINAL FANTASY game saturated with her? Who has been clamoring for this creature to be front and center in this game? I can't believe fans of FF would ask for this. Are her people sleeping with the people at Gumi and this is why I can't turn my head without seeing another event for Katy "Satan's Left Buttcheek" Perri? If this is an attempt to sell more of her noise, can we also expect to see the game choking on ads for professional sports/clothes/cars soon?

I thought whales were spending tens of thousands of $$$ on this free game, how much is Katy "You Can't Escape From My Accursed Visage" Peryy paying to be plastered here? I would be willing to spend real money for a version of this game that does not have pop culture trash.

Who are you and why does your opinion mean anything at all to anyone? What have you done for the world besides whine about a free game?
Used to advertise my PSN and XBL, learned that both suck, decided to just annoy everyone instead with the lack of useful information here.

User Info: gamester_12345

gamester_12345
4 weeks ago#10
I just assumed that they were slowburning her, then forgot about her since there was already the build-up to the anniversary. guessing they slap dabbed her alongside kingdom hearts because they're running out of time? guess it'd explain why JP also got an event.

Inevitably, if they ever decided to bring her back, they'll probably have to worry about players getting added dupes. or they could just reinstate the events as a rerun w/nothing added besides maaaybe 2 more variants, worked for Ariana's events. think i have like 2 of her Dangerous variant.
KoL: Plucky, currently an Disco Bandit, RSN: Plucky9
ACNL/3DS FC: 5258-3681-6830 Ricky of Farm, FFBE: Plucky, 318,533,820
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. What is the deal with this Katy Pery infestation?
  • Topic Archived