• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. In need of help building a team

User Info: IronRiver

IronRiver
2 weeks ago#1
I’ve been playing the game for quite a while now but I’ve always just randomly used any units I felt like and never really put any efforts in making a team with the units at my diposal. I also still am not sure how to balance out a team with their roles and all...

I have a couple of 7* and other units that I could awaken to 7* but before wasting any resources, I’d like to ask for advice from you guys on what to do. Currently, these are the 7* units that I own:

Trance Terra, Sora, Ellesperis, Awakened Rain, Mercenary Ramza

And these are the 5* that I could awaken to 7*:

Dark Knight Cecil, Gilgamesh, Dark Fina, Regina, Aileen, Onion Knight, Pure Summoner Rydia, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Raegen, Machina, Nagi, Reberta, Beryl and another Ellesperis

If anyone could help me build something decent out of this it would be greatly appreciated!

User Info: kingfencer

kingfencer
2 weeks ago#2
7* nichol will help, use latent ability points on him and awaken his abilities. awaken rain awaken his abilities. mercenary ramaza can be your physical tank, just awaken his abilities. so your missing healer, dps and breaker. sora is ok, just find some zeno to chain obliterating roar with. amoe chain. some say beryl is a better magic tank than rain, offers a bit of breaking.
check out my ffbe page bro! tutorials to frequently asked questions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYXtAhi6gmkdzI17qij7fmg

User Info: Two-Face

Two-Face
2 weeks ago#3
Maritime Strategist Nichol should be your buffer, so I'd awaken him to seven stars.

Beryl is a versatile unit, and who I would use as your main breaker. Get him to seven stars and max his limit burst. After all, you have Awakened Rain for tanking magic.

Regina is pretty frail, but she is probably your best physical damage dealer right now.

You could really use a better magic chainer, but that won't matter until the next Bloody Moon trial gets released. You'll want a character that's more durable than Trance Terra for it. I'd consider pulling on Sol's banner when he's released.

Mercenary Ramza should be your physical cover tank.

Awakened Rain, Mercenary Ramza or even Beryl could be your provoke tank depending on the battle.

You'll probably want to pull on the next Final Fantasy V banner for the next version of Lenna, as you're lacking a good healer.
Fry: Attention New New Yorkers: stop acting so stupid!

User Info: firestarter18

firestarter18
2 weeks ago#4
Priority goes to MS Nichol, A Rain, Beryl, and Merc Ramza for sure. All are great, serviceable units that you will undoubtedly use. Sucks you don’t have a healer yet. :(

TT is beastly, but she’s been powercrept. Still useable though for your mage. I still use her sometimes. Beryl can chain with her at 7*.

You’ve got a good assortment of physical dps, so just look up chaining families to see who you might want to awaken and use.

IronRiver
2 weeks ago#5
Okay, sounds like a good start.

So let’s say I concentrate on Mercenary Ramza first. What kind of build should I go with? I have 1 Basch and 1 Noctis, should I grab their TMRs and go with a dodge build? If not, what are the must have TMRs for Ramza?

User Info: naiah

naiah
2 weeks ago#6
evasion stuff is great and would help you clear lots of content, it beomes less relevant with new content coming later on but we still have tons of content right now that evade is great for.

you should maybe go with evade build in general and change your equipment when needed. not all physical damage can be evaded.

User Info: gdawe14

gdawe14
2 weeks ago#7
Which 5* base healers do you have access too? How many UoCs do you have access too?

How far along are you in trials? Team comps are heavily dependent on the trial

I would suggest prepping at least 1 unit for each role and then work on a second
Buffer - CG Nichol
Debuffer - Machina is a good breaker and works fine as a 6* as well, Beryl could work here as well
Healer - ???
tank - physical and magical...cover and provoke - A Rain, M Ramza and Beryl
Magical DPS - TT is outdated
Physical DPS - Regina is great for doing max damage on Raids, Sora should be buffed soon, Reagan will also be buffed and enhanced soon, Ellesperis is also strong

I would get Ellesperis STMR as well...it is great for any of the DPS listed above

If you have enough moogles...I would suggest ring of Lucci and Basch TMR if you can get up to 100% evade
IGN: Darklord
029 389 103

User Info: Songi

Songi
2 weeks ago#8
Ellesperis 7* perfect chains with our best chainers (Esther and Elena) right now and her damage isn't too far off theirs either. Really helps that she has a ridiculous amount of Human and Demon killer in her kit. While being able to stack a buff on top of all of that. She is your best physical chainer you own right now. While Regina is your best finisher.
FFBE: Akari - 642,936,448

User Info: idadpb

idadpb
2 weeks ago#9
naiah posted...
evasion stuff is great and would help you clear lots of content, it beomes less relevant with new content coming later

I've been listening to that song for like two years now. Since I started this game I've been hearing how useless an evade tank will be, but the truth is that only on a few trials that was true
Rafa: oh, you're charging up a meteor? right on lede? let me go poke her right as it comes down so she'll think i did it! - tactile_goblin

IronRiver
2 weeks ago#10
gdawe14 posted...
Which 5* base healers do you have access too? How many UoCs do you have access too?

How far along are you in trials? Team comps are heavily dependent on the trial

I would suggest prepping at least 1 unit for each role and then work on a second
Buffer - CG Nichol
Debuffer - Machina is a good breaker and works fine as a 6* as well, Beryl could work here as well
Healer - ???
tank - physical and magical...cover and provoke - A Rain, M Ramza and Beryl
Magical DPS - TT is outdated
Physical DPS - Regina is great for doing max damage on Raids, Sora should be buffed soon, Reagan will also be buffed and enhanced soon, Ellesperis is also strong

I would get Ellesperis STMR as well...it is great for any of the DPS listed above

If you have enough moogles...I would suggest ring of Lucci and Basch TMR if you can get up to 100% evade

5* healers I currently have are: Ayaka and Myra. I also have Citra and Lotus Mage Fina but I don’t know if those are pure healers. Yeah, I think I’m really lacking when it comes to healers.

Currently, I only have 5 UoC tickets. I haven’t done the ATK, DEF and SPR quests that reward you tickets yet though, so that’s potentially 4 extra tickets. And hopefully once I have enough of those Anniversary coins, I’ll get at least one from there...

By trials, do you mean Chamber of the Fallen? I’ve been sleeping on those. Last one I did was Beasts of the Dark just to get Ifrit’s Claw.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. In need of help building a team
  • Topic Archived