You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. So gumis idea of "fun" is to let us GRIND the new trial a dozen times

User Info: Ferozban

Ferozban
6 days ago#1
And i heared that they plan on releasing a trial like this Eggecutor every month from now on.

No doubt with barely putting any effort in it on their end. Just copy a boss we had before. Like Egg, Hasiko or whatever else has already appeared before.

And then their idea of fun for us is to lock the rewards behind a mega-grind wall of doing it a dozen times with several characters...which you need to level and pull for.

So to summarzie:
More money for gumi... because we need to pull more and better units.
More artificial lifespan of the game by repetitive content... copy paste and grind
More tedious work we need to put in to clear the content for mediocre rewards like 5 STMR tickets.. meaning 5% STMR for legendary.

Now where is the original, creative content that would make this game truly enjoyable? Dungeons to go though, tactically challenging trials that require thinking and not just raw powercreep, meaningful storyevents?

This game has become more and more grindy,...and not less. it has become more tedious,. not less.

At the very least. these trials only cost 5 energy. That is really the only bright side.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
6 days ago#2
I'm personally okay with it, thrilled with it honestly. People should be forced to use multiple units more often, makes the game more challenging and requires getting use out of more than just the top tier meta units.

User Info: Ferozban

Ferozban
6 days ago#3
ChocoboDreams posted...
I'm personally okay with it, thrilled with it honestly. People should be forced to use multiple units more often, makes the game more challenging and requires getting use out of more than just the top tier meta units.

It also requires a lot more units that you first need to pull.
Not everbody is a whale.

And it requires you to invest a lot of ressources into those units that you would only use for repeating a trial.

And let's not forget...... the changing of equipment every time is tedious as well.

User Info: Chocobot

Chocobot
6 days ago#4
Honestly, it would be better if we were blocked from reusing the same units. Then we'd actually have to come up with new teams and tactics.

The way it is, you just make a core team of 4-5 units and grind the same battle over and over while swapping out the 1-2 extras.

User Info: Boogaloo

Boogaloo
6 days ago#5
Ferozban posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

It also requires a lot more units that you first need to pull.
Not everbody is a whale.

And it requires you to invest a lot of ressources into those units that you would only use for repeating a trial.

And let's not forget...... the changing of equipment every time is tedious as well.

You're tedious
Shal Kek Nem Ron

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
6 days ago#6
ChocoboDreams posted...
People should be forced to use multiple units more often

Except nobody is being forced to do anything, anyone smart is just bringing the same 4-5 units+a carry and getting it done. There is no sense in gearing up dozens of other units and experimenting and just ultimately taking longer to get through it than just smashing through it in 6-8 turns with 4 of your best.

While I hate to agree with the TC, some of his points are not absent of some merit.
Manage your expectations.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
6 days ago#7
People who actually enjoy playing the game, using the units they pull and coming up with strategies for trials will all love this new content.

People who just want to log in and claim all rewards with no effort or thought are going to hate this new content.

Honestly I don't see how anyone could complain about this without also complaining about having to repeat raids, King Mog or almost every other event dozens of times.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
6 days ago#8
Chocobot posted...
Honestly, it would be better if we were blocked from reusing the same units. Then we'd actually have to come up with new teams and tactics.

The way it is, you just make a core team of 4-5 units and grind the same battle over and over while swapping out the 1-2 extras.

Yeah, this would actually be a lot better and it's what I assumed it'd be like in the first place, it's a shame it isn't.

Also, I'm not a whale, I've spent 47 bucks on this game and I want every penny back because it got me nothing, but the game gives you so much free crap that you should be able to handle it anyway. And if you can't? Then you have something to chase, I wish I was in your shoes. It's gotta feel good to have a challenge. I agree that swapping unit equipment is tedious though, I don't envy people spending that much time in this game's slow menus.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
6 days ago#9
Sinamoi posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
People should be forced to use multiple units more often

Except nobody is being forced to do anything, anyone smart is just bringing the same 4-5 units+a carry and getting it done. There is no sense in gearing up dozens of other units and experimenting and just ultimately taking longer to get through it than just smashing through it in 6-8 turns with 4 of your best.

While I hate to agree with the TC, some of his points are not absent of some merit.

It's actually genius design. Now using only top meta units will take longer and be more tedius which is exactly opposite of usual trials where using top meta units is much faster and easier.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

User Info: Da1N02

Da1N02
6 days ago#10
I mean if you have a stable of multiple roles I'd rather just get it done in like 4-5 battles instead of people using different using 1-2 characters at a time

Hell all you need is Esther and Sylvie minimum and just rotate the other 4
FFBE GL (IGN: Mamba) ID: 079,315,266 - I play FFBE for fun and NOT for META - PM me if you need specific friend units
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. So gumis idea of "fun" is to let us GRIND the new trial a dozen times