You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Rena and Sophia stay team GLEX

User Info: Caliberpoo

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#1
Thank goodness. Their kits in JP are hugely different

They’re both AT chainers 😂

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Rena/JP?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Sophia/JP?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
1 week ago#2
you are wrong about sophia, she is still a chaos wave user. her useless weaker elemental abilities that didn't chain are AT but you didn't use those in the first place.

her strongest abilities are still chaos wave and she still triple cast her fire and dark chaos wave and instead of quake frames, her earth chaining is also chaos wave frames
(edited 1 week ago)

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#3
Hitori_Roku posted...
you are wrong about sophia, she is still a chaos wave user. her useless weaker elemental abilities that didn't chain are AT but you didn't use those in the first place.

her strongest abilities are still chaos wave and she still triple cast her fire and dark chaos wave and instead of quake frames, her earth chaining is also chaos wave frames

Exactly, you are wrong, she has AT, different, they took away quake, different, they took away freeze, different, she has raise on JP, she has divine ruination, she has those raise dead moves, she’s quite different

And I use her quake with Tiana all the time, and freeze with seaside, so it sucks they took those away
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Asternex

Asternex
1 week ago#5
It seems the step up is not too great.
I like that Sophia has AT and Chaos Wave frames in more than 2 elements.
I'm not so happy about Rena losing her DR chains, since she's been a partner for KH Cloud in my team for so long. I mean, I wouldn't be so happy if I played JP. versión too, which I don't.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
FFBE: 667 167 827

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#6
Hitori_Roku posted...
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...

Exactly, you are wrong, she has AT, different, they took away quake, different, they took away freeze, different, she has raise on JP, she has divine ruination, she has those raise dead moves, she’s quite different

And I use her quake with Tiana all the time, and freeze with seaside, so it sucks they took those away

hey dumb dumb, did you check the damage mods? her at skills have poor mods and should not be her main chaining skills

she lost her s***ty freeze frame skill with AT (seriously, with it's poor mods and near non existenting users who use freeze, it is better) and her quake has become chaos wave because quake is nearly non existent in jp

Whose dumb, I’m saying they took away two parts of her kit I use, therefore glex Sophia is different

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#7
Asternex posted...
It seems the step up is not too great.
I like that Sophia has AT and Chaos Wave frames in more than 2 elements.
I'm not so happy about Rena losing her DR chains, since she's been a partner for KH Cloud in my team for so long. I mean, I wouldn't be so happy if I played JP. versión too, which I don't.

Yeah I use her chains all the time with beryl too

User Info: N-K-S

N-K-S
1 week ago#8
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...

hey dumb dumb, did you check the damage mods? her at skills have poor mods and should not be her main chaining skills

she lost her s***ty freeze frame skill with AT (seriously, with it's poor mods and near non existenting users who use freeze, it is better) and her quake has become chaos wave because quake is nearly non existent in jp

Whose dumb, I’m saying they took away two parts of her kit I use, therefore glex Sophia is different

Nah once a unit gets released in JP or GL with the same name they stop being GLEX regardless of their kit and regardless of how different they are.

If we were to go by the differences of units from JP to GL then there would be a lot more units that you could consider to be GLEX like Merc Ramza for example.
FFBE - 010 016 697 (NKS)
https://imgur.com/a/GSmVMQu

Caliberpoo
1 week ago#9
N-K-S posted...
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...

Nah once a unit gets released in JP or GL with the same name they stop being GLEX regardless of their kit and regardless of how different they are.

If we were to go by the differences of units from JP to GL then there would be a lot more units that you could consider to be GLEX like Merc Ramza for example.

I only consider them glex if they’re vastly different, I don’t consider merc ramza glex

But you can’t tell me Santa Rosalia or ling or reberta etc are close to the same, or even 2b for that matter, jp 2b can’t even break
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: N-K-S

N-K-S
1 week ago#10
Caliberpoo posted...
N-K-S posted...
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
Caliberpoo posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...

I only consider them glex if they’re vastly different, I don’t consider merc ramza glex

But you can’t tell me Santa Rosalia or ling or reberta etc are close to the same, or even 2b for that matter, jp 2b can’t even break

Santa roselia is a 5 - 7* unit in JP while ours is a 4 - 6*.
Reberta is a 5* base in JP who can't be 7*. She's also a hybrid attacker in JP. Vastly different.
Ling is still a debuffer in JP.

Point is Sophia a magical attacker in JP and global? Are they the same rarity (5-7*)? Ate they essentially used the same way as each version (both will primarily be used as chaos wave chainers regardless of the other skills they have)

Same with Rena she's primarily a healer with magic damage and support skills. She isn't primarily going to be used as DPS. Just like global. Even her LB was upgraded to affect the entire party now.

Sorry man but there isn't a large enough difference to consider them GLEX anymore. Even the wiki has taken their GLEX off them and added them to the variation category now.
FFBE - 010 016 697 (NKS)
https://imgur.com/a/GSmVMQu
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Rena and Sophia stay team GLEX