• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MMMCXIII

MMMCXIII
3 weeks ago#1
What kinds of Units do you like to see in your friends list (other than bonus units, of course)? - Results (41 votes)
THEE Current Meta Chainer (Hyoh, Ject, whoever it happens to be right now)
21.95% (9 votes)
A Versatile Chainer (someone who chains with the current meta family, or many familes like Sora or Sephiroth)
21.95% (9 votes)
A Niche Chainer (Odd frames like 2B, or locked to the non-meta element like Fry)
2.44% (1 vote)
A Meta Finisher (Right now, Cid)
2.44% (1 vote)
A Meaty Tank (Basch, Chow, Wilhelm, etc)
0% (0 votes)
A Bulky Healer (LM Fina, Folka, Sylvie, etc)
0% (0 votes)
A Massive Breaker/Buffer (CG Lid, CG Nichol, etc)
2.44% (1 vote)
A Utility/Multi-Purpose Character (Zarg, Noct, etc)
4.88% (2 votes)
A Trial Build (Something tailored to a current or meta trial, like LM Fina with Summer Whip)
24.39% (10 votes)
Something Else (Let me know when you talk below!)
19.51% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hi everyone!

I've been lazy/busy and haven't been posting a ton, so I thought I'd throw something together.

With parameter quests coming after mainty, we're going to all be juggling all of our gear and units around this weekend. When the dust settles, we'll need to regear our friend units, so this seemed like a good time to bring this age old topic up. What's your usual go-to friend unit to put up? What do you use the most in your day-to-day playing? When you're pushing trials?

My current philosophy on unit selection is to move counter to what's in my friends list currently. Generally, I don't own the absolute meta unit, since pulling two copies on a new banner isn't my (wallet's) idea of a good time. I usually use a unit in the same family and geared either with their own best element or the meta unit's best element (like a fire Sephiroth to chain with Hyoh), or an otherwise popular family I'm not seeing a ton of in my companion units. My go to for that has been AMoE frames, mostly because I'm still in love with Beatrix's massive light imperil.

Or, since it's usually a lot of damage dealers in there, if I don't have the current bonus unit, I'll either toss up a DPS that can solo ELT with auto or can solo/chain down LGD. Or even just an absurd tank for anyone pushing content or wanting to carry four Xon's through LGD (My 2B can almost repeat solo it, but I need her buff/break first round ;-; ).

And one last important little thing before I forget: @jaciel01 , I'm swappin' out Fina tonight so I can do the bonus stage before it goes away. I'll follow the poll at the end of the weekend and see what I can make unless you need Fina again or someone else requests something.
PSN: Aoife_OBailey -- FFBE: Aoife, 505,220,935 -- Battle Tag: AoifeOBailey
Currently Playing: Octopath, FFBE, Overwatch

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
3 weeks ago#2
You can save your team builds now, so you won't need to rebuild after swapping for stat purposes.

In fact brb
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

User Info: MMMCXIII

MMMCXIII
3 weeks ago#3
wyldman11 posted...
You can save your team builds now, so you won't need to rebuild after swapping for stat purposes.

In fact brb

Good point. Afk for a minute. xD
PSN: Aoife_OBailey -- FFBE: Aoife, 505,220,935 -- Battle Tag: AoifeOBailey
Currently Playing: Octopath, FFBE, Overwatch

User Info: thrillee

thrillee
3 weeks ago#4
Haven't you heard ? Bunnies
When in doubt, bring a Ling.
ID: 092,264,865

User Info: jpridgen0

jpridgen0
3 weeks ago#5
wyldman11 posted...

In fact brb

I did the same thing last night at work. Created a general party that would cover story events, item world, and raids. Then I made 4 parties with one unit in it each for hp, mp, def, and mag. Feels so good to press a button or two after all that equipment juggling and immediately jump right back to that general party I first setup, no hassle.

As for the TC question, I either have a bonus unit up or Auron. Probably have Sylvie up after maintenance.
Prompto: "If young Noctis don't trust you I'm gon shoot you"
Esco: 596,994,780

User Info: LordBurl

LordBurl
3 weeks ago#6
I voted 'something else', because it really depends on what I am doing as to what I want to see in my FL.
"I love games where everything is decided by RNG", said no one ever...
FFBE ID - 444,101,232

User Info: DerDoDo

DerDoDo
3 weeks ago#7
Right now I just switch around most of the time if somebody needs something.
don't bend, ascend!
BE:455 327 471 -Dood-

User Info: gdawe14

gdawe14
3 weeks ago#8
When not a bonus unit...I generally switch around to something that is relevant for one of the recent trials unless someone requests something specific

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
3 weeks ago#9
jpridgen0 posted...
wyldman11 posted...

In fact brb

I did the same thing last night at work. Created a general party that would cover story events, item world, and raids. Then I made 4 parties with one unit in it each for hp, mp, def, and mag. Feels so good to press a button or two after all that equipment juggling and immediately jump right back to that general party I first setup, no hassle.

As for the TC question, I either have a bonus unit up or Auron. Probably have Sylvie up after maintenance.

I just hadn't done it yet, and if I am about to start jacking around this next week to see if I can get the parameter missions want to make sure I have normally used units setup normal.

I might have to make an item world team later.
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

User Info: tortethetoast

tortethetoast
3 weeks ago#10
everything except the first option.
i dont mind seeing hyoh, esther or something else. but if my whole friendlist consists of it im sorting out.
i like a good mix, just put out something useful.
i also dont mind e-peens, bring the damage, i bring everything else.
i dont care about what chain family people declare to be meta, i got em all covered.

oh and people: really no one cares about 75/50% bonus units, i dont even care for 100% bonus units from day 2 onwards.
FFBE: 052567155
"Cool guys dont look at holy explosions."
  • Topic Archived