• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Will these units last me 6+ months?

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
4 weeks ago#21
JRPG posted...
p862017 posted...
Nota214 posted...
Esther will be great for the next 6 months if not longer. Sylvie's outlook is a bit more uncertain. Sylvie is certainly a great unit but future trials start to become very demanding on party composition and it may be hard to fit a unit like her in regularly.

disagree on that i think she is more future proof i dont see how it would be hard to fit someone in your party who can:

cure all status ailments,prevent all status ailments
buff 3 different elements by 100%
stop and break resistance
reraise
dispelga
elemental imbue on 3 elements(can be dual cast)
buff all stats by 120% and 170% with her cooldown move
can break by 45%,70% with cooldown moves
25% physical and magic mitigation

I’m considering replacing CG Nichol with her. Only concern is after 5 turns its 170% AoE to 120% for 6 turns.

She also has a random 20mp auto AoE heal which I didn’t even realise where it came from.

Frankly people greatly overestimate the value of pure stat buffs. Especially as the most important one, offensive buffs, tend to be covered by the unit themselves nowadays. Defensively the % Mitigation abilities are far more useful and where it's fairly trivial to get the generic ones (heck, it's basically a guaranteed thing on tanks) the phys/mag versions of them are far less common to have. Really what CG Nichol brings to the table Sylvie largely doesn't care about and her raw ability to do basically everything is kind've dumb to a level that is greatly underestimated. She basically is the Fina+Lid combo unit from the future with pretty massive upsides and because of her role as "the better Ignis" on top of that she ends up being a combination of a combo unit and one of the most versatile units ever added to the game (but with the unlocking factor of his skills just cut out).
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: Nota214

Nota214
4 weeks ago#22
p862017 posted...
Nota214 posted...
Esther will be great for the next 6 months if not longer. Sylvie's outlook is a bit more uncertain. Sylvie is certainly a great unit but future trials start to become very demanding on party composition and it may be hard to fit a unit like her in regularly.

disagree on that i think she is more future proof i dont see how it would be hard to fit someone in your party who can:

cure all status ailments,prevent all status ailments
buff 3 different elements by 100%
stop and break resistance
reraise
dispelga
elemental imbue on 3 elements(can be dual cast)
buff all stats by 120% and 170% with her cooldown move
can break by 45%,70% with cooldown moves
25% physical and magic mitigation

I get that she does a lot but my issue is more about how relevant is what she does.

Her 100% resists aren't exactly common elements and when they do show up, you usually want other elements in addition to them. These are great resists for Ultros but beyond that, I'm not sure they're relevant at all. Her LB is great at handling this issue but when they increased the cost, they significantly descreased its reliability.

Her stat and stop resistances are helpful but that's pretty much a staple on supports at this point.

Her imbues are also nice to have.

I love that she has dispelga and reraise but those are more tertiary traits. Great that they're present but not necessary if they weren't.

The 45% breaks don't really mean much at this point but the 70% breaks are very useful. She helps dedicated breakers immensely as their non-LB 70% breaks tend to be on cooldowns as well.

Her damage mitigations are my biggest criticism of her. As she's lacking general mitigation, you'll need to cover that with another unit and most of them tend to have the same role as her. Charlotte and Galuf are great in this regard but that means you need them if you plan to use Sylvie and get their LBs as soon as possible.

She's definitely a great unit on paper and provides some really neat options but I'm not sure how relevant those options will be for future content.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Will these units last me 6+ months?
  • Topic Archived