• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Need pulling advice for new units

User Info: JuJuBee

JuJuBee
4 weeks ago#1
As an almost FTP player (I have bought a few fountain of lapis, but I spend extremely sparingly), lapis management is extremely vital. I have been extremely fortunate to collect a full team for clearing content with Hyou as my main physical damage dealer, and I have ultima as a magic damage dealer (got lucky from one lap and made her 7 star).

In light of the nerf to the bunny girl, approximately how long would she keep up with damage dealers if I were to pull on this banner? I have read that she is still stronger than Akstar, and she has a lot of survivability which is super nice, but I am not really feeling like hyou isn't cutting it yet and she has low elemental flexibility due to being thunder locked. I have been saving lapis for ever, and have enough for all 4 laps of the step up.

While she isn't described as a Viera i think of her as such and really like her design, but I am extremely wary of using up my stash because my current 100k stash is from ~6 months of almost no lapis spending so I would want her to stay relevant for about 6 months.

As another side note, i have both fina and folka for healers, rain as a magic cover, whilhelm as physical cover, and nichol as a buffer/support, so I am not really hurting to fill a void in my roster.

I would also love to see a discussion not just for myself, but for others with more or less developed teams
FFBE ID: JuJuBee
Code: 269,668,113

User Info: Blarg143

Blarg143
4 weeks ago#2
Esther is not thunder locked. she can imbue and imperil it on her own but her chaining moves and LB are non elemental.

she's much stronger than Akstar unless you whale for his STMR and her banner partner is one of the best support units we'll see for a long time. with your specific comp, you can drop Nichol unless you need his elemental buffs immediately (Sylvie can do 50% immediate and 75% on LB) and you can use Fina over Folka to spam reraise. it's a good banner to roll on.

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
4 weeks ago#3
Blarg143 posted...
Esther is not thunder locked. she can imbue and imperil it on her own but her chaining moves and LB are non elemental.

she's much stronger than Akstar unless you whale for his STMR and her banner partner is one of the best support units we'll see for a long time. with your specific comp, you can drop Nichol unless you need his elemental buffs immediately (Sylvie can do 50% immediate and 75% on LB) and you can use Fina over Folka to spam reraise. it's a good banner to roll on.

I might simply UoC her. I have 24 stubs or whatever the free total is. No interest in any specific units other than Randi until Bartz/Lenna so I have time to rebuild my stockpiles. Also I hate Akstar.
Too stupid to be BAF2P(BTW)
FFRK: t5PE; FFBE: 875,851,263

User Info: JRPG

JRPG
4 weeks ago#4
Blarg143 posted...

I invested in Folka and Ayaka. I only have Fina 6*

I’m tempted to ditch Nichol for Sylvie she seems pretty damn good.
PSN: Joerpg84 3DS: 2621-2720-6163
Dissidia opera: JoeRpg: ID: 144 578 550 FFBE- 799 086 973. Landu/2B/GLS/Christine/DV/

User Info: gilgamesh99

gilgamesh99
4 weeks ago#5
JuJuBee posted...
As an almost FTP player (I have bought a few fountain of lapis, but I spend extremely sparingly), lapis management is extremely vital. I have been extremely fortunate to collect a full team for clearing content with Hyou as my main physical damage dealer, and I have ultima as a magic damage dealer (got lucky from one lap and made her 7 star).

In light of the nerf to the bunny girl, approximately how long would she keep up with damage dealers if I were to pull on this banner? I have read that she is still stronger than Akstar, and she has a lot of survivability which is super nice, but I am not really feeling like hyou isn't cutting it yet and she has low elemental flexibility due to being thunder locked. I have been saving lapis for ever, and have enough for all 4 laps of the step up.

While she isn't described as a Viera i think of her as such and really like her design, but I am extremely wary of using up my stash because my current 100k stash is from ~6 months of almost no lapis spending so I would want her to stay relevant for about 6 months.

As another side note, i have both fina and folka for healers, rain as a magic cover, whilhelm as physical cover, and nichol as a buffer/support, so I am not really hurting to fill a void in my roster.

I would also love to see a discussion not just for myself, but for others with more or less developed teams

I'm not sure if this helps or just makes things harder. I'm about same lvl spender as you so if I'm 50/50 I also try and see how the "value" is on the step up. Which you kind if alluded to. And surprisingly... this one's not all that bad. There have been a few better, but overall the lapis-to-rainbow return is not bad at all. Plugging the summons into the odds calc I got:

For 24k around an 85% chance of a rainbow from the summons (expected amt 1.7). With the mid 5-star and the end 5-star you are getting appx 3-4 for 24k if you don't get jobbed by RNG

For 28k (for final ticket), the extra 9+2 moves your odds up to about 89% (expected 2.1) and now you get mid 5-star, end 5-star, and tickets for another. If luck holds you are at 4-5 for 28k.

So kinda 6-7k per rainbow. If you could use the units, the odds say you'll get at least average and maybe better on your spend.

User Info: uwnim

uwnim
4 weeks ago#6
Even with the nerf, she will be good for quite a while. If you wanted to keep using her , she would last the 6 months you want.
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
4 weeks ago#7
If you are going to use lapis for any banner this is one of the best you can choose. Both units are extremely good, Esther will last you for a long time and Sylvie is a nice upgrade from Nichol, plus she works great with Fina.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

User Info: JuJuBee

JuJuBee
4 weeks ago#8
A big thanks to the people that responded, I ended up deciding to do a few laps. I also had mistakenly believed she was thunder only because so many of her skills/items were storm themed.

While the 9th hour change to their lbs still rubs me wrong, both of these banner units seem to have the longevity that I need to feel willing to pull.

Now if only gumi could stop shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to player good will.

On a completely random tangent, am I the only one super disappointed how few of the other races we get as units? Even esther isn't a viera, I just pretend she is.
FFBE ID: JuJuBee
Code: 269,668,113

User Info: moot_sg

moot_sg
4 weeks ago#9
Ok my turn to ask a question (I don’t want to start another pull thread): I kinda lucked into one Silvie and Esther each with a couple of tickets. I take it’s a good sign to run a lap?
PSN: moot_sg - Pawn:Zoot/Strider /Level 87

User Info: znights

znights
4 weeks ago#10
Of course. Whatever unit drop At the last step you would still get a 7*
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Need pulling advice for new units
  • Topic Archived