• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Please don't put the subservient on Esther.

User Info: gdawe14

gdawe14
4 weeks ago#21
Has anyone noticed she could be built as a cover counter tank like Demon Rain or even Lillith

30% innate evasion with 40% counters to physical and magic attacks using Static Barrage - a stacking DR skill with up to 4 counter attacks per turn

Unfortunately her cover is only 1 turn so would need to use it every turn but you could use her as a provoke tank as well with the golem esper...that would give you free turns

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
4 weeks ago#22
gdawe14 posted...
Has anyone noticed she could be built as a cover counter tank like Demon Rain or even Lillith

30% innate evasion with 40% counters to physical and magic attacks using Static Barrage - a stacking DR skill with up to 4 counter attacks per turn

Unfortunately her cover is only 1 turn so would need to use it every turn but you could use her as a provoke tank as well with the golem esper...that would give you free turns

Lets be real. Everyone noticed, but we already know from Beach bum Lasswell just how good being able to off-cover actually is.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

gdawe14
4 weeks ago#23
Lets be real here...Lasswell doesn't have counters and only 20% evasion...pretty significant differences...I wouldn't use her for just cover...but using her as a counter tank sounds like it could be fun

User Info: Rumar

Rumar
4 weeks ago#24
gdawe14 posted...
Lets be real here...Lasswell doesn't have counters and only 20% evasion...pretty significant differences...I wouldn't use her for just cover...but using her as a counter tank sounds like it could be fun

Her cover is one turn only so she literally can't do anything else, her damage would be gimped by making her evade and if she covers, noone else can, so her counters wouldn't even chain with anybody. The cover is more like an emergency solution to keep your team alive a turn if your tank died unexpectedly I think.

User Info: N-K-S

N-K-S
4 weeks ago#25
gdawe14 posted...

She does have a provoke skill in her kit already. 100%, last 2 turns and mitigates physical damage by 20%.
FFBE - 010 016 697 (NKS)
https://imgur.com/a/GSmVMQu

gdawe14
4 weeks ago#26
I'm not saying it is her best use...I'm saying it could be fun for some trials to use her as a cover tank...and if you wanted to chain with her counters, you could use 1 as a provoke for magic attacks and the other to cover for physical attacks

I'm only saying there are some fun ways she could be used besides the normal chaining

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
4 weeks ago#27
Rumar posted...
Goldninja posted...
Wait, how does the Subservient not damage her?

It does.
But her LB has this:
Lightning fixed* damage (1500) to caster

And her TMR has this (only for her):
Absorb lightning damage taken

So every turn after she uses her LB, she will be healed for 1.5k.
The subservient is still trash and not worth using though. She just handles it a bit better than others.

Ah, so still not worth using. That's a shame.

User Info: Rumar

Rumar
4 weeks ago#28
Interestingly, the best general purpose build I can do for her actually uses 2x her TMR.
That is because I don't really have any good materias I could put on her, best being Large Sword Mastery which doesn't cut it.

Esther 7★
Right hand: Lion Heart ATK+150, ATK+22% (IW :ATK +10%, ATK +7%, ATK +5%)
Head: Prishe's Hairpin HP+10%, MP+10%, ATK+45
Body: Hyoh's Clothes ATK+28, ATK+30%, DEF+42
Accessory 1: Storm Kickers HP+20%, ATK+45, DEF+10
Accessory 2: Storm Kickers HP+20%, ATK+45, DEF+10
Materia 1: War Goddess' Insignia ATK+30%
Materia 2: Heart Overcoming Hatred
Materia 3: Dark Knight's Knowledge ATK+30%
Materia 4: Buster Style
Esper: Titan HP+131, MP+46, ATK+103, DEF+88, MAG+43, SPR+62
Total: HP:13621, MP:497, ATK:2553, DEF:567, MAG:244, SPR:351

If I remove on Storm Kickers for a Marshal Glove and add Large Sword Mastery, I lose like 5% LB damage in exchange for getting 34 Atk, doesn't seem worth it at all. But that is ignoring killers, once we take those into account the 1x her TMR + 1x TDH accesory combo generally is best, for examle Human:

Esther 7★
Right hand: Lion Heart ATK+150, ATK+22% (IW :ATK +10%, ATK +7%, ATK +5%)
Head: Prishe's Hairpin HP+10%, MP+10%, ATK+45
Body: Hyoh's Clothes ATK+28, ATK+30%, DEF+42
Accessory 1: Storm Kickers HP+20%, ATK+45, DEF+10
Accessory 2: Cloud's Cloak (KH) ATK+40, DEF+10, SPR+10
Materia 1: War Goddess' Insignia ATK+30%
Materia 2: Heart Overcoming Hatred
Materia 3: Man-Eater+
Materia 4: Buster Style
Esper: Diabolos HP+66, MP+76, ATK+31, DEF+44, MAG+68, SPR+43
Total: HP:12476, MP:527, ATK:2379, DEF:523, MAG:269, SPR:341

Look at that HP/Def/Spr, while still having great Atk. Nice.

Inbefore no Esther for me tomorrow.

User Info: XanthielX

XanthielX
4 weeks ago#29
@Rumar you’d lose 3.4% LB damage (425/440) after the first LB, and gain 2.7% (2587^2/2553^2) to all damage. It’s marginal, but using Marshal Glove should still be better in a pure damage sense.

Of course if you aren’t using Awkward Fatherly Love, then you’d also lose 20% hp, so in practical terms the 2x own tmr would probably be better since it is so marginal.
PSN/Steam: Xanthiel
FFBE: 868,049,478
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Please don't put the subservient on Esther.
  • Topic Archived