• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Mel's Weekly News Topic: XenoHere edition

User Info: AgentMel

AgentMel
3 weeks ago#1
Is it she?! - Results (44 votes)
Magic Monday
0% (0 votes)
Tuesday Newsday
15.91% (7 votes)
Wednesday Weekly
4.55% (2 votes)
Thursday datamine
9.09% (4 votes)
Freaky Friday
0% (0 votes)
Intern-kun's RNN
11.36% (5 votes)
Magikarp: The XenoGears Years
18.18% (8 votes)
OMGOMGOMG Elly hype!
11.36% (5 votes)
Psht, Sophia GLEX all the way
9.09% (4 votes)
Compulsory Mel-option
20.45% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It’s that time of the week again! Intern-kun seems to have made a booboo again with some premature spoilerific promo images and an early update video that has been removed again (topic here for details: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/77588546) but one thing seems crystal clear: the long awaited Xenogears collab is coming to an FFBE app near you this week!

So with that said, let’s have a look at what’s coming.

What We Know
Cid’s event is ending this week. Finish up your cryst / Metal Greaves farming, do that last lap on the step up if you’ve been waiting, take a last shot at the bonus stage... come Friday, it’s gone.

The FFT rerun will go on for another week. Grab that Kiyomori if you haven’t already, it may not come again.

We didn’t have a fully new event last week, so no Week 2 event to look forward to. More opportunities to focus on other things though!

What We Can Expect
Let’s not ignore the Ellyphant in the room here: it’s all but certain that we’re getting the first of 2 Xenogears collab events this week, which comes packed as a raid as per collab tradition. More details in the link I posted about units and step ups. We may or may not also get the now-customary one time free 10+1 to go with it. Whether you you feel the units are worth it or not is a matter of preference mainly; they’re a little late to the party, we have some cool GLEX alternatives, and we’re not sure if there will be any GL love for this collab.

We’re also due another installment of Days of Our Lasswell, which will provide a nice bit of lapis replenishment after Cid / the 5k Spring Summon / Yuraisha and Karlette. This episode should come including our next esper, Asura.

As for trials, we got Greg and Welter last week, so expect things to be quiet on that front for now.

What We May Hope For
A meteor to drop onto the Katy Perry wave battle event to wipe it off the planet. Just urgh. Go away.

Expert and parameter missions. We got the friend point moogles last week, so why not get this out there as well, Gumi? Just sayin’.

While we’re at it, a story reset would also be welcome right about now. I’m not saying I’m broke after Cid and the Spring Summons, but my lapis stash is more molehill than mountain right now.

Other desirables would include the Great and Amazing enhancement boost that we haven’t seen in a long time, 10 raid orbs, and the missing All Units tab in our unit inventory.

As always, feel free to share your hopes, dreams, fears & tears with me and I look forward to talking news with everyone!
FFBE IGN Elvy

User Info: Irony

Irony
3 weeks ago#2
I hope we don't get the second Xenogears banner until a rerun. That's too many f***ing 5*
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

User Info: Reaper_ExE

Reaper_ExE
3 weeks ago#3
Correction, FFT Kiyomori, not Type-0 :P
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85, XBL = Ace Program, FFBE = Reaper - 573887626, DFFOO = Ace.ExE - 858712526

User Info: jpridgen0

jpridgen0
3 weeks ago#4
Gonna be a boring week for me unless we get Asura this week. Decided to skip xenogears so, meh.

Akstar in 2 or 3 weeks tho. Hype!
Prompto: "If young Noctis don't trust you I'm gon shoot you"
Esco: 596,994,780

User Info: DaIamar

DaIamar
3 weeks ago#5
It's official: Katy Perry is canon FF character now.

AgentMel
3 weeks ago#6
Irony posted...
I hope we don't get the second Xenogears banner until a rerun. That's too many f***ing 5*

It came pretty quickly after the first one in JP, so expect it to follow suit for GL... otherwise the units for the second collab would become beyond obsolete before they ever released for us. Sad but true.
FFBE IGN Elvy

AgentMel
3 weeks ago#7
Reaper_ExE posted...
Correction, FFT Kiyomori, not Type-0 :P

Pregnant brain strikes again! 🙈

Fixed, thank you.
FFBE IGN Elvy

AgentMel
3 weeks ago#8
jpridgen0 posted...
Gonna be a boring week for me unless we get Asura this week. Decided to skip xenogears so, meh.

Akstar in 2 or 3 weeks tho. Hype!

Asura looks pretty set for this week, so there is that. I don’t really care for XG either but a raid is a raid so I’ll probably still use up orbs if nothing else.

Akstar in 3 weeks I think, depending on where the Spring event gets slotted in. Possible order:

Xenogears 1
New KM (FFT Ultima & Beowulf/Beoulve)
New Story unit (Akstar)
Spring event

Given the pulled video though, it’s possible that the Spring event will come sooner and it might get crammed in before Akstar or even the next King Mog.
FFBE IGN Elvy

AgentMel
3 weeks ago#9
DaIamar posted...

Inb4 Katy Perry is Frostlord reincarnated.
FFBE IGN Elvy

User Info: jpridgen0

jpridgen0
3 weeks ago#10
DaIamar posted...

This was their plan all along. Annoy everyone with her presence until we all give up and accept her in our game for all eternity. We've been brainwashed.

I love Katy Perry!
Prompto: "If young Noctis don't trust you I'm gon shoot you"
Esco: 596,994,780
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Mel's Weekly News Topic: XenoHere edition
  • Topic Archived