• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: igor140

igor140
3 weeks ago#1
i haven't spent a single Select Ticket yet, so i currently have 28 (i think i missed a couple somewhere : /)

most of my team is really solid or soon to get better (i've got 100k lapis set aside for the xenogears units and akstar), but i'm not sure about my tanks.

I've got a 7* wilhelm and a 7* MRamza (actually two of them...), both of whom are fully (or mostly) built out. I've also got a 7* ARain, but i think he's only ~lvl 105 or so.

before all these 7* units started rolling out, my favorite 6* tank was basch. he was harder to gear for 100% passive provoke, but i'm pretty sure i could pull it off now (i could get him up to ~80% a few months ago). In the meantime, he was able to cover both physical and magical damage, and i really liked that versatility.

so, it seems as if my best options for a tank at this point are to spend one UoC on a second basch, or two UoCs on sieghard.

i understand that sieghard is hands down the best physical tank... but i'm a little concerned about his magic tanking abilities... i guess it's only one turn downtime, but it's still potentially a problem. i've also looked at his upgrades, and it appears none of them help magical tanking at all.

sooo... ideas? 1 UoC for basch? 2 UoCs for sieghard? not worry about it for a while because i can clear 90% of content without a tank at all?
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
3 weeks ago#2
7* ARain is perfectly fine for magic tanking.
7* Wilhelm is perfectly fine as a physical tank also.
7* MRamza can do both, but if he ever dies or is dispelled, magic tanking won't work on him.
Not sure why you need someone to do both, since you can actually use both at the same time.
Corsair RM750i | Asrock Z270 Killer SLI | i7 7700k 4.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp edition 11264MB | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz | Acer Predator XB241H

User Info: Kyara

Kyara
3 weeks ago#3
With that tank line-up, why do you even need another one? Makes no sense to me...

User Info: igor140

igor140
3 weeks ago#4
NEED another one? probably not... but the only real alternative i can think of for using those UoCs is for two akstars and save myself some lapis...

as for why i would want some one to do both, that seems pretty obvious: you don't have to split or reequip gear; you only have to fully buid/ pot one; more futureproof; simply party combinations; more dps by not needing two tanks...
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
3 weeks ago#5
If you don't use two tanks it means you only need one type of cover. Or you provoke the ST and then you cover either phys or mag, never both. MRamza can do that no problem except when the enemy dispels, in which case you could go with ARain instead.
Corsair RM750i | Asrock Z270 Killer SLI | i7 7700k 4.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp edition 11264MB | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz | Acer Predator XB241H

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
3 weeks ago#6
Rhyten posted...
Not sure why you need someone to do both, since you can actually use both at the same time.

Quite simple, really.

Boss have non-element AoE magical attacks that need covering, and has aoe physical threshold that you'd want covering.

Boss have physical aoe attacks that need covering, and boss has non-element magical threshold attacks you'd want covering.

The above isn't all that uncommon, and for obvious reasons Basch would accommodate this best. Sometimes the other type of attack isn't even a threshold, but on a predictable rotation.

You can gear Basch to have a solid balance of all stats with very little STMR. I have mine at 19k HP/1127DEF/1085SPR and resist all ailments with just Elfreeda's STMR as far as STMR go. I could get that SPR significantly higher if I swapped out a draw attack accessory for Rem's STMR, but I tend to also like Basch to provoke for me too.

With all this being said though, as great as Basch is, especially post-enhancements; I would not UoC him unless I had no 7* tanks. While he is great and allows you to be a bit more flexible in many cases, he is not, and never will be, make or break.
Manage your expectations.

User Info: Blingya25

Blingya25
3 weeks ago#7
I like Basch too but for me, he doesnt have mitagation provoke which most other tanks do (because basch is not a provoke tank base) though his versatility of dual covers alone is why i like him better than others.

But now, dodge tank might not cut it for future contents and start needing a real mitagation provoke tank, which i lucked out with 2 Siegs... and my mag tank is a 7* beryl.... w/o his dagger

But basch is just soo accesible though lol xD but yes you have the needed tanks already, just save imo
You're the best friend that I ever had I've been wish you such a long time you're sunshime
FC: 4339-2507-6799

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
3 weeks ago#8
Blingya25 posted...
I like Basch too but for me, he doesnt have mitagation provoke which most other tanks do

So many people still say this, I feel like there needs to be a sticky post just to state otherwise.

It does not matter that Basch has no mitigation on golem's provoke, because it doesn't stack with the mitigation buff anyway.

Most tanks' native provoke has 40% mitigation on it, if Zarg uses his 40% mitigation buff, nothing changes, it's still 40%. If Zarg uses his 40% on Basch though; bam, Basch now has 40% mitigation ---the exact same as the rest.

You're pretty much always using a support unit that can provide a mitigation buff, and you will always be casting that buff for the other units of your party anyway.
Manage your expectations.

User Info: firestarter18

firestarter18
3 weeks ago#9
Basch is indeed an awesome tank (still typically run mine over A Rain and Lilith). Seems like you honestly have things covered on the tank front though.

User Info: Boogaloo

Boogaloo
3 weeks ago#10
I love my basch. But let's be honest here, any of the 7 star tanks are good. You seem to prefer versatility. No other tank is on his his level in that regard. Mamza to an extent, but that passive cover, I hate it. I have all of them but seighard and I still use basch first and foremost. And his enhancements are SICK
Shal Kek Nem Ron
  • Topic Archived