• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
4 weeks ago#1
Excited for these as I think Basch is the best tank in most cases if your available units and the trial itself accommodate a solo tank, which Basch does best.

A little disappointing they didn't give him some passive draw to work with Golem's provoke, but the lack of hasn't been too detrimental if you can outfit your Basch well. Still some pretty solid enhancements I think
Manage your expectations.

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
4 weeks ago#2
Basch has been my go-to tank for the longest time and I'm quite happy with the enhancements. Bit greedy but do wish his DEF/SPR breaks, Inescapable Disaster and Ruin Impendent were also buffed but since this AoE cover abilities are being buffed and he's getting charm immunity, I'm still happy with the results. Oddly enough I forgot he has a full break with his cooldown ability, Bell of a New Dawn. I wonder how much damage he'll dish out with DEF-based attacks now.

Sinamoi posted...
A little disappointing they didn't give him some passive draw to work with Golem's provoke

Woulda been nice but I think that might make him a little too good at that point.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: ahriman505

ahriman505
4 weeks ago#3
I'm satisfied.
ID: 799 686 939
IGN: Ahriman

User Info: LordBurl

LordBurl
4 weeks ago#4
Basch and Lilith have been my main two tanks. I like Lilith's kit a bit more, but her counters aren't always welcome in tough trials, so I tend to use Basch more. With these enhancements, he will likely keep top spot on my tank roster for quite a while.
"I love games where everything is decided by RNG", said no one ever...
FFBE ID - 444,101,232

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
4 weeks ago#5
With many damage units getting a (cooldown mind you) ability to clean off debuffs and buff them in the same skill, the fact basch only has to toss up the cover you need him to use and it prevents him from getting debuffed for the primary stat makes him a very strong cover tank. So if you can't run with a healer or support that can prevent breaks but have basch it's a good idea to look into the upgrades.
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

User Info: Chocobot

Chocobot
4 weeks ago#6
I honestly never use break resistance. Haven't done it since Bloody Moon, which was over a year ago. It's just a small difference in damage once you consider the buffs and passives we're running, so it's never been worth building into my team. But getting it automatically with the cover is nice. No action needed.

User Info: AGENTDV1

AGENTDV1
4 weeks ago#7
Anyone know what the upgrade to Bell of a New Dawn will raise the debuff %s to? I'm VERY excited for it since Basch is my basic debuffer in 99% of what I do.
Used to advertise my PSN and XBL, learned that both suck, decided to just annoy everyone instead with the lack of useful information here.

User Info: N-K-S

N-K-S
4 weeks ago#8
AGENTDV1 posted...
Anyone know what the upgrade to Bell of a New Dawn will raise the debuff %s to? I'm VERY excited for it since Basch is my basic debuffer in 99% of what I do.

It's a glex buff so won't know until the data mine but my guess is it'll go up to 70%
FFBE - 010 016 697 (NKS)
https://imgur.com/a/GSmVMQu

User Info: wyldman11

wyldman11
4 weeks ago#9
AGENTDV1 posted...

looks to be a global exclusive enhancement
gl 732 652 039 - SabrTano PM or tag
jpn 444 150 891 - SabrTano

User Info: LordBurl

LordBurl
4 weeks ago#10
N-K-S posted...
AGENTDV1 posted...

It's a glex buff so won't know until the data mine but my guess is it'll go up to 70%

That's why I didn't remember anything about this enhancement from JP, it is a glex buff.
"I love games where everything is decided by RNG", said no one ever...
FFBE ID - 444,101,232
  • Topic Archived