• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Don't have Arenea, should I bother with Cid step up?

User Info: xero549

xero549
4 weeks ago#1
Seeing how Stoss spear is basically BiS for him. I think it's just an itch to pull. Have a bit over 100k lapis and 187 tix. A guarenteed rainbow for 12k is tempting. Still want my last Aileen. Keep hoarding for Akstar/ Aeirth?

Tired of hoarding. Man.

User Info: Master_Arbiter4

Master_Arbiter4
4 weeks ago#2
If I were in your situation, I'd go through the stepup at least once tbh.
100k lapis is a lot (with stepups anyways).

12k for 1 guaranteed rainbow is pretty good on it's own, if you're just looking for any rainbow, but then you also get the rate-up and decent chances at multiple/many rainbows on the last step.

If you're rainbow hungry or "need" a strong damage dealing unit, go for it. If neither, continue saving on.
* I don't hump the Bible, the Bible humps me *
Love the Final Fantasy Series! Twitch affiliate! l Twitch.tv/callmepeepz

User Info: Manowarrior35

Manowarrior35
4 weeks ago#3
You have Stoss Spear moogles so you can get it from a container someday.
FFBE GL: Manowarr 555,298,936
"If you're already winning, you don't need to win more." - Howl

User Info: Wu_Hu

Wu_Hu
4 weeks ago#4
xero549 posted...
Seeing how Stoss spear is basically BiS for him. I think it's just an itch to pull. Have a bit over 100k lapis and 187 tix. A guarenteed rainbow for 12k is tempting. Still want my last Aileen. Keep hoarding for Akstar/ Aeirth?

Tired of hoarding. Man.

even if that rainbow is a 5th dupe?
I'd say save for whatever limited strikes your fancy.
PS: why hoard for akstar when you can trade 20 tix for a 7*

xero549
4 weeks ago#5
Manowarrior35 posted...
You have Stoss Spear moogles so you can get it from a container someday.

That would be a waste man. Granted, I haven't turned any units into the mixer yet. I wouldn't use a blank moogle, for a non limited unit. s*** I don't even use the ALL moogles I have.

xero549
4 weeks ago#6
Wu_Hu posted...
xero549 posted...

Tired of hoarding. Man.

even if that rainbow is a 5th dupe?
I'd say save for whatever limited strikes your fancy.
PS: why hoard for akstar when you can trade 20 tix for a 7*

Bc that's 20 UoC stubs gone forever. Nothing limited that I'm aware of I care about. Xenogears, never played it. Secret of Mana. Pulled a bit when it first came out. Randi, isnt that great anyway.

User Info: IzualUrashima

IzualUrashima
4 weeks ago#7
To be honest, with all the lapis you have, you should just do a step up and see where it leads you. Most people who did were happy with the results, even if they were Cid-less rainbows.
Official Xenomart of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
Shining Soul Series Supporter, also known as "Izualego Fukushima"

User Info: Unit3d

Unit3d
4 weeks ago#8
I say go for it if you see the prospect of using Cid in your party.

I debated over pulling on this banner for several days. In the end I succumbed and just went for a lap. Got 1 Cid, not enough for a 7*, but still better than nothing I guess.

User Info: LordBurl

LordBurl
4 weeks ago#9
You have so many resources that 12K will barely make a dent and you would still have more than enough to go all in on a 20K or 25K step up in the immediate future. Also, if you are getting the itch to pull, this is a good step up. Guaranteed rainbow for 12K lapis is a pretty good deal.
"I love games where everything is decided by RNG", said no one ever...
FFBE ID - 444,101,232
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Don't have Arenea, should I bother with Cid step up?
  • Topic Archived