• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. 7* tank meta: who to UOC?

User Info: Mellion

Mellion
2 months ago#1
So, I've been playing for a long time, and I've recently awakened almost all of my team to 7*.
I have Hyoh, Barbariccia, Zargabaath, LM Fina and Loren, but it seems like the game doesn't want to give me a tank, so I'll have to UOC one.
Now I have Basch and Wilhelm at 6*, so I could just UOC Basch and have him cover physical and magical, and rely on Zarg for provoking, or UOC Wilhelm, but then I would still lack of a magic cover for a long time. Or, I could wait and pull for a better tank, if I will have get at least 1 copy of it.

So, my question is, what is the current tank meta on the JP side? Is it much different form global?
As far as I could tell from searching on altema, the only new tank is Galuf, how is he?
Do you think I should just UOC Basch (or Wilhelm)? Should I wait until I pull say Sieghard or *inset other op tank unit name*?

User Info: JI_Joe

JI_Joe
2 months ago#2
Personally, I'd go with Wilhelm.
And for a magic tank, I'd go all in when Chow comes back.

But it's not like going for Basch is a bad idea, he's a formidable tank. And he would be your safest option, actually.
It's just that I'm not a fan of UoC'ing for a unit which you would bench in the foreseeable future anyway for a more handy unit alternative, like Sieghard.
FFBE: 253,489,890 ; Companion leader: 1600+ Atk Orlandeau
http://imgur.com/a/hXJMrVg

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
2 months ago#3
Basch and Wilhelm are kinda at the bottom of 7* tanks, not worth using UoC in my opinion.

Wait a couple weeks for Chow 7* and see how he is.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove
FFBE: 682,052,972

User Info: H1pchek

H1pchek
2 months ago#4
How does your evade gear look?
Can you build full evade basch?
Do you have ANY magic tanks? ( a 4* Shylt / Mystea? Or perhaps only one of a.rain, Lilith, etc)
How many trials have you completed so far?

For the most part, 7* tank units are not yet required if you have an AoE 4*/5* base evade tank. I will admit that is difficult trying some of these trials at times (I lack a 7* AoE phy tank myself) but evade can get you through a lot in a pinch (and yes I hate the whole evade concept but that’s another story).

I’m trying to go w the wait till you NEED a unit to beat some trials to cash in your ticket b/c by then who knows what you may have. For some odd reason it seems like the more recent trials have less important gear and so I haven’t been pushing to do the 10man trials and such yet - out of laziness I guess.

I have to confess, I was blessed w a 7* a.rain. To me, he changed the chemistry of my team WAY more than a 7* phy tank would have - *considering* I could build a semi decent evade WoL (No 25% accessories for evade +25%, but most other evade gear).

As for your question: Imho, I’ve found wilhelm to be the bigger tank who can take a beating and counter but w a more limited kit. basch I personally find to be a bit more flexible w his kit (breaks, phy/mag covers) at the expense of other things (hp, provoke, spr).

If I had to pick one... I’d go w basch over wilhelm so that I’d have a better magic tank than Shylt/Mystea (assuming you have one of those now).

On the flip side, if you really like a unit go for it. It’s just a game. As long as you enjoy the game that’s all that matters.
ffbe ID: 053, 961, 231

User Info: JI_Joe

JI_Joe
2 months ago#5
ShadowGirlxox posted...
Basch and Wilhelm are kinda at the bottom of 7* tanks, not worth using UoC in my opinion.

Basch, agreed.

Wilhelm, bottom tier? Wut?
He's amongst the best aoe physical covers and provoke tanks at 7*.
It's kinda hard to top a tank that covers physical, provokes w/ mitigation, and can choose between adding himself a 90% physical reduction or add a 54% general mitigation for the party.
FFBE: 253,489,890 ; Companion leader: 1600+ Atk Orlandeau
http://imgur.com/a/hXJMrVg

User Info: Chipofthehead

Chipofthehead
2 months ago#6
Do you have a mercenary ramza at all tc?

If you're lacking both a magical and physical tank @ 7* then he'd get my vote all day.
Innate ribbon and charm resist, nearly as beefy as Wilhelm for physical and although he has a 3 turn CD on his magic aoe cover it's perfectly usable on nearly every fight (very few bosses dispel that often).

Along with a good equipment selection, entrust, raise and easy to build as 100% evade he's easily my most versatile tank.
FFBE friend code 926.356.122 username is Chip-ed.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
2 months ago#7
JI_Joe posted...
ShadowGirlxox posted...

Basch, agreed.

It's kinda hard to top a tank that covers physical, provokes w/ mitigation, and can choose between adding himself a 90% physical reduction or add a 54% general mitigation for the party.

I would rank Demon Rain and Sieghard above Wilhelm for aoe physical cover. Probably M. Ramza and Gladio as well. Looking at provoke tanks Wilhelm ranks lower than WKN, Viktor and evade Beryl for me. His main problem is that he really doesn't do much else.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove
FFBE: 682,052,972

User Info: JustThink1st

JustThink1st
2 months ago#8
Go with Basch if you need a better tank to clear content. I have Sieghard and A.Rain but mostly just run Basch (all 7*). He's insanely easy to gear, can dual cast decent breaks which allow you to drop a dedicated breaker and can switch between Magic and Phys mid-fight if necessary.
Why?

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
2 months ago#9
ShadowGirlxox posted...
JI_Joe posted...
ShadowGirlxox posted...

Basch, agreed.

I would rank Demon Rain and Sieghard above Wilhelm for aoe physical cover. Probably M. Ramza and Gladio as well. Looking at provoke tanks Wilhelm ranks lower than WKN, Viktor and evade Beryl for me. His main problem is that he really doesn't do much else.

sieghard is a worse provoke tank and wilhelm has the best fatal ignore of all the tanks, incase you do get killed

wilhelm doesn't do much but let's be honest here, sieghard and gladio aren't doing much else either

thing you seem to ignore is that for physical heavy content, you don't need 2 tanks with wilhelm because he can act as both your provoke and cover tank

User Info: Griff1821

Griff1821
2 months ago#10
Since this game is so RNG dependent I don't think it's ever the best idea to plan around IF you pull a certain unit. Hopefully it will happen but statistically the chances are so low in this game, even if you hoard your resources.

With that being said, I think the right time to use a UoC ticket is when you reach content that cannot be completed with your current team. Keep in mind that you can always reach out on this board and load your friends list up with tank units if need be.

I could see a case for either Wilhelm or Basch. Wilhelm is a fantastic provoke and physical cover unit. Basch would give you both physical cover and magic cover but no provoke. You could use items and Golem esper to give him 100% provoke but there wouldn't be any damage mitigation with it. You could offset that if you're able to make a 100% evade build with him but keep in mind that certain future content will have more fixed damage that cannot be evaded.

My vote would be Basch and then you'd have both magic and physical cover. I'd work on getting full evade gear and provoke gear if that's what you end up doing.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. 7* tank meta: who to UOC?
  • Topic Archived