• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. 7* CG Fina and CG Nichol

User Info: TheseJeans

TheseJeans
3 months ago#11
Hitori_Roku posted...
TheseJeans posted...

30 crysts really isn't that much especially when there's plenty of SPR materias that provide LB fill or LB gen (Hero's Vow - Light, Protector of Lapis, Hero's Vow - Water, Hero's Vow - Earth) and her own staff provides some as well.

hero vow light has a dark element penalty, which is situational bad.also the spirit increase doesn't help her evokes or summon damage than something with evo magc
we don't have folka for hero's vow water and earth is fine but unstackable
building her for lb, lowers her summon damage but it is a good trade-off because her damage isn't good to begin with

TheseJeans posted...

Also esper damage is not low lol, if you give her a few EVO TMRs and Evoker's Horn and simply bring the esper of the element your DPS or support imperils then she can easily cap for good damage (that ignores all forms of damage mitigation by the way), Leviathan especially with CG Nichol's STMR.

even with leviathan and water imperil, her burst damage is less than emperor's FFB stacked half way and she cannot use every turn.
also limits you to water (or water teams) if you use leviathan and you need to find an outside imperil for yuna's finishing
also we currently don't have nichol for his stmr and relying on a stmr is always bad unless you are a whale or extremely (un)lucky

her evokes are worse than citra's and citra is fairly bad in the damage department

TheseJeans posted...

If anything Yuna is more of a support unit imo, she's a strong backup healer with access to Reraise and Dispelga, can utilize every esper (meaning 70% phys mit from Golem, 120% AOE omni stat buff + mirage from Fenrir, etc), has the best esper orb gen of any unit aside from Garnet, has good elemental resist coverage and can provide more if equipped with Tetra or Titan (who provide their elements Bargas), a solid 3k HP barrier on a relatively low cooldown, and amazing medium cost LB that applies strong HP/MP regen and competitive DEF/SPR buffs allowing your support to focus on offensive buffs, AND she can finish chains on her off turns with her espers.

i did say that she has good support but she misses a few white magic tools that other white mages had in their kit as 6*, only single target status ailment removal (2 if you dual cast but it is rather inefficient to dual cast both esuna) and no way of removing stone, no on demand aoe revive (her lb and esper meter can be used for that but you don't always have it available) and no full-life

also for a pure summoner, eiko is better with faster esper gain and higher evo magic, but she is a worse healer than yuna for not having reraise and a dual castable heal

Dude when did I say you'd use Yuna solely for damage. She's a jack of all trades just like Rem and you'd use her as a support unit/backup healer that can allow your main healer to use whatever extra utility they provide. What is so hard to understand about using Espers that elementally align with your DPS's elements/imperil?

You can easily build her for SPR while also increasing her EVO Mag because EVO gear is also some of the best SPR gear, what is not understandable about that. Her evokes are not worth using, it's much better to rely on actual espers if you actually want her to finish. You don't build a team AROUND Yuna, you put her in whenever she fits the comp.
FEH FC: 653,381,1428
FFBE FC: 718,418,520

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
3 months ago#12
TheseJeans posted...

Dude when did I say you'd use Yuna solely for damage. She's a jack of all trades just like Rem and you'd use her as a support unit/backup healer that can allow your main healer to use whatever extra utility they provide. What is so hard to understand about using Espers that elementally align with your DPS's elements/imperil?

You can easily build her for SPR while also increasing her EVO Mag because EVO gear is also some of the best SPR gear, what is not understandable about that. Her evokes are not worth using, it's much better to rely on actual espers if you actually want her to finish. You don't build a team AROUND Yuna, you put her in whenever she fits the comp.

and that is what i also said in my first post...
i was merely saying that out of al of her roles, damage is the weakest

Hitori_Roku posted...

she is however multi functional , esper summon give her some diversity (fenrir buffs, aoe revive through phoenix, reflect from carbuncle) and her 4 green magic spells are good to have ( although carbuncle also has 3 out of 4 of her bar-ga spells )
evoke damage, let's ignore that. the damage is pretty low.
yuna is a balance of a white mage with green magic and esper support, but her white magic isn't as strong as the 2 pure white mages Ayaka and fina

because if you waste her esper bar for damage, you lose out on all the support that she potentially can use

TheseJeans
3 months ago#13
Hitori_Roku posted...
TheseJeans posted...

Hitori_Roku posted...

she is however multi functional , esper summon give her some diversity (fenrir buffs, aoe revive through phoenix, reflect from carbuncle) and her 4 green magic spells are good to have ( although carbuncle also has 3 out of 4 of her bar-ga spells )
yuna is a balance of a white mage with green magic and esper support, but her white magic isn't as strong as the 2 pure white mages Ayaka and fina

because if you waste her esper bar for damage, you lose out on all the support that she potentially can use

But what if you don't need the esper bar for whatever utility you want her to do? She can build Esper gauge the fastest out of all 7 star summoners, so she can pump out Espers and easily have another by the time you would need Golem, Fenrir, Carbuncle, etc.

And with more and more trials using undispellable mitigation summoner damage becomes more valuable.

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
3 months ago#14
TheseJeans posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
TheseJeans posted...

Hitori_Roku posted...

But what if you don't need the esper bar for whatever utility you want her to do? She can build Esper gauge the fastest out of all 7 star summoners, so she can pump out Espers and easily have another by the time you would need Golem, Fenrir, Carbuncle, etc.

And with more and more trials using undispellable mitigation summoner damage becomes more valuable.

if you truly need a unit to bypass mitigation from bosses, use pure summoner rydia or citra as main damage units.... and keep yuna as your healer
evoke damage also bypasses mitigation and yuna is the worst at it

TheseJeans
3 months ago#15
Hitori_Roku posted...
TheseJeans posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
TheseJeans posted...

Hitori_Roku posted...

if you truly need a unit to bypass mitigation from bosses, use pure summoner rydia or citra as main damage units.... and keep yuna as your healer
evoke damage also bypasses mitigation and yuna is the worst at it

Ok, you're just being incorrigible at this point lol.

You don't bring Yuna for her DAMAGE, her DAMAGE is an ADDED BONUS to the rest of her KIT. You BRING HER FOR HEALS and IF SHE HAS AN OFFTURN you SUMMON AN ESPER TO CAP A CHAIN.

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
3 months ago#16
Hitori_Roku posted...
Nota214 posted...
Rem and Yuna are the two best healers right now with Ayaka being the best in the arena.

Unless Nichol gets some GL buffs, Zarg will likely overshadow him except in cases where you want ice/water resist. Zarg is stupid busted right now and will continue to hold his own as the necessity of multiple element resist becomes more noticeable.

TC, as for Ayaka vs. Fina, they are pretty much the same character. Barriers don't really do anything unless dealing with percentage damage and Fina doesn't have the turn efficiency to really make use of her kit. If anything, Fina might have an advantage because of her counters but that's so minor and inconsequential that it's impossible to quantify.

calling yuna the best healer is somewhat debatable. she can dual cast reraise , curaja , and dispelga as the bare essentials as white mage, but she doesn't have an on demand aoe revive (her lb has it for 30 lb and she lacks innate lb gather passives), only life and not full life, single target esuna and no way of removing stone compared to what ayaka and fina had as 6*. her role as healer is below fina and ayaka

rem is like yuna,not the best at healing but rem also excels in other roles as a chainer , healer and support hybrid

fina's kit seems lacking but she does have a spammable aoe reraise, on her lb with high tide passives and one on her cd skill for emergencies. and aoe reraise apparently becomes more important in later fights starting with gilgamesh reborn (well that is before he gets cheaped out with extrenely high burst units like yuffie and cg cid)

Ayaka is the most bare bones, she is pure white mage with only lb and mp support through dedication but excels at white magic like fina for having the full kit minus aoe reraise

when is the last time you've needed, or even used aoe reraise or hell even full life

i'm barely a "minnow", cleared every trial and I literally cannot remember the last time at this point
Manage your expectations.

User Info: JI_Joe

JI_Joe
3 months ago#17
Sinamoi posted...
when is the last time you've needed, or even used aoe reraise or hell even full life

i'm barely a "minnow", cleared every trial and I literally cannot remember the last time at this point

Wut...

We had one just the other day.
That undead reaper from the Scorn of Europa trial.

AoE reraise is (near) mandatory.
Otherwise you start back the next battle with 2 units at most, the one with the Safety Bit and the one with the Genji Shield.
FFBE: 253,489,890 ; Companion leader: 1600+ Atk Orlandeau
http://imgur.com/a/hXJMrVg

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
3 months ago#18
How's Folka compare to them?
If you ain't a Fiend, you ain't Clean!

User Info: Randomx

Randomx
3 months ago#19
Sinamoi posted...

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Also i have Fina with me nearly all the time just because i like her.
FFBE Global - ID 415.369.377 - Hyoh lead geared towards trials
FFBE JP - ID 397.788.141 - 25XX ATK Akstar

User Info: uwnim

uwnim
3 months ago#20
Sinamoi posted...

Today.
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. 7* CG Fina and CG Nichol
  • Topic Archived