• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. 7* CG Fina and CG Nichol

User Info: Half-Youkai

Half-Youkai
3 months ago#1
well CG fina officially lost the healer race with ayaka, since ayaka can use heal + barrier, full party res + barrier and cure all + barrier i expected cg fina to have some good heals too but her self auto res with full party res and heal + auto party res seems really lacking somehow.

Like i don't know what was i expecting but i dont see the point of Blossom Heart, its just Reverse Hearts + an auto revive, how is that a 7* skill?. And if u wanna make the case that she's a healer/damager then why did they just gave her an extra 0.8x modifier increase, thats nothing, and she didn't get any new magic, like i would have been happy with a simple Tornado

Now im worried about 7* cg nichol, will he have good abilities or is it gonna be like 'same buff BUT it gives 30 mana back' or something like that?

Im just sad right now,i tried so hard to pull ayaka when she came out, couldnt get her, spend my early days with refia (without a dualcast) and when the support banner appeared i used all my stuff and that got me 2 cg finas, i was so happy like yeah ayaka has a small advantage in the healer category but they're both great, when 7* ayaka came in i was like oohhh hopefully cg fina gets something good, NOPE.

I guess some 7* like Aileen just get screwed over
FFBE: 319,925,765
Normally a Reberta Main going Fryevia main for now

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
3 months ago#2
Eh, as long as healers have reraise and curaja they are good enough. Fina has aoe reraise which is more effective then hp barriers in some cases.

I actually think Yuna might be the best healer now, she has reraise, curaja, hp barrier, auto esper gauge fill, 134% def/spr buff on LB, plus she can act as a finisher with esper summons. The only thing she is really missing is petrify cure but that is easy to cover.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove
FFBE: 682,052,972

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
3 months ago#3
Half-Youkai posted...
well CG fina officially lost the healer race with ayaka, since ayaka can use heal + barrier, full party res + barrier and cure all + barrier i expected cg fina to have some good heals too but her self auto res with full party res and heal + auto party res seems really lacking somehow.

Like i don't know what was i expecting but i dont see the point of Blossom Heart, its just Reverse Hearts + an auto revive, how is that a 7* skill?. And if u wanna make the case that she's a healer/damager then why did they just gave her an extra 0.8x modifier increase, thats nothing, and she didn't get any new magic, like i would have been happy with a simple Tornado

Now im worried about 7* cg nichol, will he have good abilities or is it gonna be like 'same buff BUT it gives 30 mana back' or something like that?

Im just sad right now,i tried so hard to pull ayaka when she came out, couldnt get her, spend my early days with refia (without a dualcast) and when the support banner appeared i used all my stuff and that got me 2 cg finas, i was so happy like yeah ayaka has a small advantage in the healer category but they're both great, when 7* ayaka came in i was like oohhh hopefully cg fina gets something good, NOPE.

I guess some 7* like Aileen just get screwed over

she is the only healer with aoe reraise untill aerith, so fina still stays relevant for bug threshold attacks or aoe death attacks

User Info: Randomx

Randomx
3 months ago#4
Ayaka is officially trash because i don't have her.
FFBE Global - ID 415.369.377 - Hyoh lead geared towards trials
FFBE JP - ID 397.788.141 - 25XX ATK Akstar

User Info: ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots
3 months ago#5
Hitori_Roku posted...
she is the only healer with aoe reraise untill aerith, so fina still stays relevant for bug threshold attacks or aoe death attacks

*cough*Rem*cough*
FFBE ID: 108,595,185
FFBE IGN: ksuwdboo

User Info: Verjax

Verjax
3 months ago#6
Fina didn't get her enhancements yet; if we get the same as JP, she becomes immune to charm, and her AoE party buff becomes all stats (possibly 100% in GL due to STMR GL buff), so she can replace a buffer in your team, especially that her elemental resists will become more viable in the future.

She also gets up to 100% more passive SPR buff, and her ST damage ability becomes 855% (enhanced and level 120), it scales with SPR, so it will be that much stronger (lack of W ability kills it though).

User Info: Nota214

Nota214
3 months ago#7
Rem and Yuna are the two best healers right now with Ayaka being the best in the arena.

Unless Nichol gets some GL buffs, Zarg will likely overshadow him except in cases where you want ice/water resist. Zarg is stupid busted right now and will continue to hold his own as the necessity of multiple element resist becomes more noticeable.

TC, as for Ayaka vs. Fina, they are pretty much the same character. Barriers don't really do anything unless dealing with percentage damage and Fina doesn't have the turn efficiency to really make use of her kit. If anything, Fina might have an advantage because of her counters but that's so minor and inconsequential that it's impossible to quantify.

Hitori_Roku
3 months ago#8
Nota214 posted...
Rem and Yuna are the two best healers right now with Ayaka being the best in the arena.

Unless Nichol gets some GL buffs, Zarg will likely overshadow him except in cases where you want ice/water resist. Zarg is stupid busted right now and will continue to hold his own as the necessity of multiple element resist becomes more noticeable.

TC, as for Ayaka vs. Fina, they are pretty much the same character. Barriers don't really do anything unless dealing with percentage damage and Fina doesn't have the turn efficiency to really make use of her kit. If anything, Fina might have an advantage because of her counters but that's so minor and inconsequential that it's impossible to quantify.

calling yuna the best healer is somewhat debatable. she can dual cast reraise , curaja , and dispelga as the bare essentials as white mage, but she doesn't have an on demand aoe revive (her lb has it for 30 lb and she lacks innate lb gather passives), only life and not full life, single target esuna and no way of removing stone compared to what ayaka and fina had as 6*. her role as healer is below fina and ayaka
she is however multi functional , esper summon give her some diversity (fenrir buffs, aoe revive through phoenix, reflect from carbuncle) and her 4 green magic spells are good to have ( although carbuncle also has 3 out of 4 of her bar-ga spells )
evoke damage, let's ignore that. the damage is pretty low.
yuna is a balance of a white mage with green magic and esper support, but her white magic isn't as strong as the 2 pure white mages Ayaka and fina

rem is like yuna,not the best at healing but rem also excels in other roles as a chainer , healer and support hybrid

fina's kit seems lacking but she does have a spammable aoe reraise, on her lb with high tide passives and one on her cd skill for emergencies. and aoe reraise apparently becomes more important in later fights starting with gilgamesh reborn (well that is before he gets cheaped out with extrenely high burst units like yuffie and cg cid)

Ayaka is the most bare bones, she is pure white mage with only lb and mp support through dedication but excels at white magic like fina for having the full kit minus aoe reraise

User Info: TheseJeans

TheseJeans
3 months ago#9
Hitori_Roku posted...
Nota214 posted...

calling yuna the best healer is somewhat debatable. she can dual cast reraise , curaja , and dispelga as the bare essentials as white mage, but she doesn't have an on demand aoe revive (her lb has it for 30 lb and she lacks innate lb gather passives), only life and not full life, single target esuna and no way of removing stone compared to what ayaka and fina had as 6*. her role as healer is below fina and ayaka
she is however multi functional , esper summon give her some diversity (fenrir buffs, aoe revive through phoenix, reflect from carbuncle) and her 4 green magic spells are good to have ( although carbuncle also has 3 out of 4 of her bar-ga spells )
evoke damage, let's ignore that. the damage is pretty low.
yuna is a balance of a white mage with green magic and esper support, but her white magic isn't as strong as the 2 pure white mages Ayaka and fina

rem is like yuna,not the best at healing but rem also excels in other roles as a chainer , healer and support hybrid

fina's kit seems lacking but she does have a spammable aoe reraise, on her lb with high tide passives and one on her cd skill for emergencies. and aoe reraise apparently becomes more important in later fights starting with gilgamesh reborn (well that is before he gets cheaped out with extrenely high burst units like yuffie and cg cid)

Ayaka is the most bare bones, she is pure white mage with only lb and mp support through dedication but excels at white magic like fina for having the full kit minus aoe reraise

30 crysts really isn't that much especially when there's plenty of SPR materias that provide LB fill or LB gen (Hero's Vow - Light, Protector of Lapis, Hero's Vow - Water, Hero's Vow - Earth) and her own staff provides some as well.

Also esper damage is not low lol, if you give her a few EVO TMRs and Evoker's Horn and simply bring the esper of the element your DPS or support imperils then she can easily cap for good damage (that ignores all forms of damage mitigation by the way), Leviathan especially with CG Nichol's STMR.

If anything Yuna is more of a support unit imo, she's a strong backup healer with access to Reraise and Dispelga, can utilize every esper (meaning 70% phys mit from Golem, 120% AOE omni stat buff + mirage from Fenrir, etc), has the best esper orb gen of any unit aside from Garnet, has good elemental resist coverage and can provide more if equipped with Tetra or Titan (who provide their elements Bargas), a solid 3k HP barrier on a relatively low cooldown, and amazing medium cost LB that applies strong HP/MP regen and competitive DEF/SPR buffs allowing your support to focus on offensive buffs, AND she can finish chains on her off turns with her espers.
FEH FC: 653,381,1428
FFBE FC: 718,418,520

Hitori_Roku
3 months ago#10
TheseJeans posted...

30 crysts really isn't that much especially when there's plenty of SPR materias that provide LB fill or LB gen (Hero's Vow - Light, Protector of Lapis, Hero's Vow - Water, Hero's Vow - Earth) and her own staff provides some as well.

hero vow light has a dark element penalty, which is situational bad.also the spirit increase doesn't help her evokes or summon damage than something with evo magc
we don't have folka for hero's vow water and earth is fine but unstackable
building her for lb, lowers her summon damage but it is a good trade-off because her damage isn't good to begin with

TheseJeans posted...

Also esper damage is not low lol, if you give her a few EVO TMRs and Evoker's Horn and simply bring the esper of the element your DPS or support imperils then she can easily cap for good damage (that ignores all forms of damage mitigation by the way), Leviathan especially with CG Nichol's STMR.

even with leviathan and water imperil, her burst damage is less than emperor's FFB stacked half way and she cannot use every turn.
also limits you to water (or water teams) if you use leviathan and you need to find an outside imperil for yuna's finishing
also we currently don't have nichol for his stmr and relying on a stmr is always bad unless you are a whale or extremely (un)lucky

her evokes are worse than citra's and citra is fairly bad in the damage department

TheseJeans posted...

If anything Yuna is more of a support unit imo, she's a strong backup healer with access to Reraise and Dispelga, can utilize every esper (meaning 70% phys mit from Golem, 120% AOE omni stat buff + mirage from Fenrir, etc), has the best esper orb gen of any unit aside from Garnet, has good elemental resist coverage and can provide more if equipped with Tetra or Titan (who provide their elements Bargas), a solid 3k HP barrier on a relatively low cooldown, and amazing medium cost LB that applies strong HP/MP regen and competitive DEF/SPR buffs allowing your support to focus on offensive buffs, AND she can finish chains on her off turns with her espers.

i did say that she has good support but she misses a few white magic tools that other white mages had in their kit as 6*, only single target status ailment removal (2 if you dual cast but it is rather inefficient to dual cast both esuna) and no way of removing stone, no on demand aoe revive (her lb and esper meter can be used for that but you don't always have it available) and no full-life

also for a pure summoner, eiko is better with faster esper gain and higher evo magic, but she is a worse healer than yuna for not having reraise and a dual castable heal
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. 7* CG Fina and CG Nichol
  • Topic Archived