• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Another Choose the UoC ticket topic

User Info: MMZ

MMZ
3 months ago#1
Which of these 3 is the best choice (Read post for more context) - Results (36 votes)
Lilith
66.67% (24 votes)
Malphasie
16.67% (6 votes)
Fryevia
16.67% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Despite better judgement, I unloaded my lapis on the step-up banner, but RNG treated me well and I've narrowed my options to 3 choices that I could 7* with the Festa-UoC pick. There's not a desperate need for any of them, so it's almost a matter of general usefulness, potential for future content, and just fun. The reasoning for the choices are below...

Lilith: She could easily be a staple in my arena team, she is a limited unit (so not much chance at her in the future), and despite having a maxed 7* Basch already, I do believe she is a bit better (like her kit more, and LB much, much more).

Fryevia: Heavy ice imperil (75% enhanced) and ice imbued attacks. Not much other choice for me in terms of ice attackers or hybrids. For now, I plan on chasing Aurora Fryevia whenever she's available as well.

Malphasie: Another good hybrid choice to fill my lack of hybrid choices. I do have 7* Barbie for wind damage, but not much for dealing dark. Used from the friend list a few times and had been impressed.

I already have a maxed Hyoh and Trance Terra for typical damage dealing, 7* Wilhelm and Basch to tank, and (7* ready) CG Nichol to buff, so the team is good as is. As for the choices in this UoC specifically I have...

Have or can 7*

Barbie, Olive, Reberta, Lucius, Ellesperis, Circe, Dracu Lasswell, Zarg

Have or can 6* only
Demon Rain, Fryevia, Lilith, Malphasie, SS Nichol, Aloha Lasswell

Have none at all (Any worth it for the TMR alone?)
WK Noel, Yun, GL Sakura, Christine, Kryla, Ang, Chow, Beryl
Signature Edition Signature
FFRK: wVDR - (Forbidden Power)

User Info: LordBurl

LordBurl
3 months ago#2
Lilith, because she is the best of those limited time units you listed.

You could always wait, you might get lucky on the Christmas banner and decide you would rather use the Glex UoC on WKN, etc.
"I love games where everything is decided by RNG", said no one ever...
FFBE ID - 444,101,232

User Info: XanthielX

XanthielX
3 months ago#3
I say Malphasie from those. I have and really like her, the number of family she has access to, insane killers vs demon and bird, lb fill and competitive def/spr breaks, and good finishing ability, plus ability to imbue to choose element on the fly all add up to a really nice unit.

Lilith wouldn’t be a bad shout either, but Basch is similarly effective in his role, and unless you have and use multiple Loren, Kunshira, or Malphasie as a chainer and need a backup partner for eg when Loren needs to break then Lilith doesn’t bring as much extra as Malphasie imo

Kryla is honourable mention for borderline broken tmr
PSN/Steam: Xanthiel
FFBE: 868,049,478

MMZ
3 months ago#4
The pro/con I neglected to mention with Lilith is that, being a limited unit this may be the only chance to get her (as far as we know) so there's reason for her to be the obvious choice. The drawback still is that I do have Basch (so I'm not without a magic tank) and she will likely be outclassed by CG Charlotte (and lkely replaced by her if that's the case).

User Info: LordBurl

LordBurl
3 months ago#5
MMZ posted...
The pro/con I neglected to mention with Lilith is that, being a limited unit this may be the only chance to get her (as far as we know) so there's reason for her to be the obvious choice. The drawback still is that I do have Basch (so I'm not without a magic tank) and she will likely be outclassed by CG Charlotte (and lkely replaced by her if that's the case).

She is different though, and having a variety of units is fun and can help out in certain situations. If you feel like she is redundant, since you have Basch, you are certainly free to use it on another unit, but a lot of people will still tell you to use it on her, because of one reason, and that is limited time unit. Sure, you will most likely get another shot at her next Halloween, but if they keep pumping out new seasonal units, they will move her to a worse banner like they did the other 3 5* base Halloween units. It's not an easy choice, but definitely do what makes you happy, and if that isn't Lilith, then don't get her.
"I love games where everything is decided by RNG", said no one ever...
FFBE ID - 444,101,232

User Info: JI_Joe

JI_Joe
3 months ago#6
Well, you seem to have all major roles covered, except for one: a strong breaker.

Basch can get by as your dedicated breaker, he's pretty good in that area. Falls short to the top breakers, but still a very string, very solid choice. More stability as a breaker once he gets his enhancements.

The problem is that, if you use Basch as your dedicated breaker, then he'll most likely be breaking every turn and not much using his tank role.
By which, going for a magic tank like Lilith wouod be a good idea.

You seem to be prefer Nichol as opposed to Zarg. Lilith pairs better with Nichol, as she can self-reraise herself or add break protection to the party, two things Nichol can't do, and he requires a unit to cast break resistance to the party to use his best buffs + HP/MP regens.

If you prefer going with Zarg, then Lilith could forget using her self-reraise and break resist buff, and switch to her massive self damage mitigation buffs in case of incoming strong magic nukes.

Just my own two cents.
But I'm biased towards Lilith / CG Nichol pairing.
FFBE: 253,489,890 ; Companion leader: 1600+ Atk Orlandeau
http://imgur.com/a/hXJMrVg

User Info: ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots
3 months ago#7
JI_Joe posted...
Well, you seem to have all major roles covered, except for one: a strong breaker.

Basch can get by as your dedicated breaker, he's pretty good in that area. Falls short to the top breakers, but still a very string, very solid choice. More stability as a breaker once he gets his enhancements.

The problem is that, if you use Basch as your dedicated breaker, then he'll most likely be breaking every turn and not much using his tank role.

You seem to be prefer Nichol as opposed to Zarg. Lilith pairs better with Nichol, as she can self-reraise herself or add break protection to the party, two things Nichol can't do, and he requires a unit to cast break resistance to the party to use his best buffs + HP/MP regens.

If you prefer going with Zarg, then Lilith could forget using her self-reraise and break resist buff, and switch to her massive self damage mitigation buffs in case of incoming strong magic nukes.

Just my own two cents.

Joe, just curious, have you ever tried to do a trial with just Nichol's regular buffs (the ones that don't break the party)? I use him quite a bit but I never use those breaking buffs unless I'm going for a 1st turn kill/know the battle won't last another turn and I haven't had any issues, his other buffs have always been sufficient for me (although I do have 7* Ayaka for heals and MP regen).
FFBE ID: 108,595,185
FFBE IGN: ksuwdboo

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
3 months ago#8
The answer will always be Lilith in these topics. She's limited time, the others aren't. Easy choice.
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams

User Info: JI_Joe

JI_Joe
3 months ago#9
ksuwdboots posted...
JI_Joe posted...

Just my own two cents.

Joe, just curious, have you ever tried to do a trial with just Nichol's regular buffs (the ones that don't break the party)? I use him quite a bit but I never use those breaking buffs unless I'm going for a 1st turn kill/know the battle won't last another turn and I haven't had any issues, his other buffs have always been sufficient for me (although I do have 7* Ayaka for heals and MP regen).

Well that's the entire issue.
Using those regular buffs only rsther thie his stronger ones, we're missing out on stronger defensive and offensives buffs, lengthening the fight further. And also healing the party for less while taking more damage.

On the same line of thought, his 40 MP heal to party is good every once in a while, but I find myself lacking MP in the long run without the active MP regen buff, most notably for my DPS.

Nichol is my healer and buffer at the same time. Allowing me to slot in another unit than a healer like Ayaka, since my healing is already covered, and my tanks (Gladiolus, Lilith) have their passive HP healing counter along with Mechanical Heart to heal the rest.

I enjoy the luxury of just ditching a healer altogether, in place of whatever else I could use, such as a dedicated provoke tant that can grant some extra support via buffs or debuffs some way or another (like Gladiolus provoking and using Pod153's P.Shield in rotation for extra survivability). Or an extra DPS if I really want to.

I get your point though. I too have Ayaka at 7*.
Unfortunately I don't have much of a use for her, I'd mainly use her Reraise more than anything, but I find it underwhelming since it takes 3 full turns for a full party having Reraise, then have to start it all up again turn 4, with no leisure inbetween.

If I had a (even if just a 6*) CG Fina, that would be another story, since she can just cast AoE Reraise on turn 1 via her cooldown (7*), and later on her cooldown or LB (6*+) also heal HP while granting AoE reraise, leaving a lot of leisure to do some other actions.
FFBE: 253,489,890 ; Companion leader: 1600+ Atk Orlandeau
http://imgur.com/a/hXJMrVg

MMZ
3 months ago#10
JI_Joe posted...

Just my own two cents.

I did fail to mention I have 7* Ayaka in the usual team, I can have a 7* Loren (got 2 at level 1 still), and I have 1 unlevel CG Lid. As for buffers, CG Nichol is fully potted at 6* while Zarg can be 7*, but isn't even at 6* yet (I maxed out CG Nicol before I even got my first Zarg).

My "default/balanced" team is usually...
7* Wilhelm (Provoke Tank, Phy AoE tank if needed)
7* Basch (Magic Tank, breaker)
6* CG Nichol (Buffer, MP battery to some extent)
7* Ayaka (Healer of all things, beautiful barrier builder)
7* <Damage dealer> to pair with friend unit (7* Hyoh or 7* T-Terra most often)

As is, I can't fit Loren in the team. Wilhelm can break ATK/MAG, but Basch is the only one there to break DEF/SPR. With Lilith I'd lose those breaks but get the currently missing imperils on the team (Dark and Fire at least). Given that a lot of stuff resists or is immune to DEF/SPR breaks, the imperils might prove more usable, but it would lock me into just 2 elements for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Another Choose the UoC ticket topic
  • Topic Archived