• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. PSA to anybody who uses Nox:

User Info: Master_Arbiter4

Master_Arbiter4
1 month ago#1
Nox just came out with an update, and it seems to have made things much better for this game... At least IMO. Game use to lag much harder than it is now (or so it seems)...

I don't have time to do a 10k raid summon right now, but that would be another way to test how much better the performance is, since those usually have a lot of units and caused a TON of lag! (Friend summon would work as test to I would imagine)

If anybody updates/uses Nox, let me know if you feel like it improved!
* I don't hump the Bible, the Bible humps me *
Love the Final Fantasy Series! Twitch affiliate! l Twitch.tv/callmepeepz

User Info: Irony

Irony
1 month ago#2
Wouldn't that make chaining harder?
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

User Info: BarefootX

BarefootX
1 month ago#3
I just tried the update and couldn't get it to work. Spent 2 hours rolling it back to the older version. If you have an older machine, the newer version might give you the same incompatibility problems it gave me. Word of warning.
FFBE Player ID: 546 362 877

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
1 month ago#4
Irony posted...
Wouldn't that make chaining harder?

The game running better will have no impact on a macro activating 2+ buttons at the same time.

Manual chaining is a different story, but that's pretty terrible to do with mouse clicks anyway. If you're using Nox and not using macros, you're doing it wrong.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 month ago#5
Does the music still hiccup?

Even running Nox on all 8 cores i get the occasional blip. Always have
My feelings on the FF7 remake? If Square turns my dystopian D&D Chess game into postapocalyptic dodgeball fantasy advent children Z I will riot.

User Info: joetex72

joetex72
1 month ago#6
^ Thought the fix for that was to use 1 core?

User Info: IneptZzz

IneptZzz
1 month ago#7
Use memu instead of nox tbh

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 month ago#8
joetex72 posted...
^ Thought the fix for that was to use 1 core?

Tried that, makes it worse. Skips like crazy
My feelings on the FF7 remake? If Square turns my dystopian D&D Chess game into postapocalyptic dodgeball fantasy advent children Z I will riot.

User Info: Ravaryn

Ravaryn
1 month ago#9
Summoning FP units is still a slog. I don't really see any improvement.

User Info: DNoobX

DNoobX
1 month ago#10
Welp my Nox is now stuck at 99% so that's a pain.

Edit: Had to reset and reinstall ffbe but it's definitely faster and smoother. Macros still intact and perfect chaining still easy.
FFBE 422 579 659. FGO 796 003 069
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. PSA to anybody who uses Nox:
  • Topic Archived