I think Zarg just beat out CG Nichol for best buffer/support in 7* world

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. I think Zarg just beat out CG Nichol for best buffer/support in 7* world

User Info: Da1N02

Da1N02
3 days ago#1
He's just... god-like... reraise.. elemental protection.. status protection, can DC after unlock. easier to gear for 100% evasion.. LB got even crazier

Damn... welp CG Nichol just got bumped down to water imbue support as Zarg has now taken over as main buffer lol

My goodness
FFBE GL (IGN: Mamba) ID: 079,315,266 - I play FFBE for fun and NOT for META - PM me if you need specific friend units

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
3 days ago#2
Da1N02 posted...
He's just... god-like... reraise.. elemental protection.. status protection, can DC after unlock. easier to gear for 100% evasion.. LB got even crazier

Damn... welp CG Nichol just got bumped down to water imbue support as Zarg has now taken over as main buffer lol

My goodness

cg nichol still has higher elemental resistances on 4 elements, fills esper gauge, lb gauge and increases lb fill rate and the imbue

zargabaath's status protection misses some important ailments, sleep and stone

also zarg might have a weaker rotation when he cannot fill his own lb by turn 4

not saying that zarg is bad but he doesn't outperform nichol in everything
(edited 3 days ago)

Da1N02
3 days ago#3
Hitori_Roku posted...
Da1N02 posted...

My goodness

cg nichol still has higher elemental resistances on 4 elements, fills esper gauge, lb gauge and increases lb fill rate and the imbue

also zargabaath's status protection misses some important ailments, sleep and stone

Break protection, reraise, 1st turn 140% stat buffs.. has an LB that gives 150% all stats plus 50% damage mitigation for TWO turns, can dc his best abilities and sleep and stone is an after thought.. Lakshimi got that covered or simple equips at this point. Not to mention Nichol only has 10% more elemental protection than Zarg and Nichol needs to cast two abilities to get the protection Zarg has it in one move

All CG Nichol has going for him now is the imbue to be quite honest... even the LB fill rate.. Rikku's pouch anyone
FFBE GL (IGN: Mamba) ID: 079,315,266 - I play FFBE for fun and NOT for META - PM me if you need specific friend units

User Info: FionZyles

FionZyles
3 days ago#4
Woohoo, Zarg beats a 6* max Buffer, HE IS OP... Seriously though as a BUFFER, Zarg cannot win CG Nichol without Entrust(and using Entrust means one of your slot it binded), he can't W-ability any of his AoE buff including Cooldown
FFBE(JP) 360263426 - I am weak :(
FFBE(GL) 522490222
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Torr

Torr
3 days ago#5
Hitori_Roku posted...
Da1N02 posted...

My goodness

zargabaath's status protection misses some important ailments, sleep and stone

also zarg might have a weaker rotation when he cannot fill his own lb by turn 4

Considering Zarg has 60% all, and Nichol is missing some major elements entirely gives Zarg a massive edge. Nichol is only 70% and they're split. Not nearly as good as a straight shot 60% all that also is tied to break resists.

Some ailment protection is better than none. And it includes the worst of all, stop. Zarg also has 5 turn reraise and double casting for a lot of stuff himself. And 50% mitigation.
If you hear my theme song starting to play (https://youtu.be/IyI9DYAFNHI) you better run.
(edited 3 days ago)

Da1N02
3 days ago#6
FionZyles posted...
Woohoo, Zarg beats a 6* max Buffer, HE IS OP... Seriously though as a BUFFER, Zarg cannot win CG Nichol without Entrust

What? Zarg's CD ability 1st turn is 140% all stats and 40% damage mitigation lol.. his LB is icing on the cake

User Info: Irony

Irony
3 days ago#7
7* CG Nichol is better
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
3 days ago#8
idk, Nichol's imbue on top of everything else is a pretty big deal--I am a little disappointed that Zarg didn't get his own imbue, that would've been pretty legendary. Instead he got beefier buffs and restrictive dual casting. Definitely very good, but bigger buffs aren't really that special anymore

Was really banking on him getting aoe fire imbue, would mean I could skip on Emp.Shera/Ignacio, but meh
Amusing.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: FionZyles

FionZyles
3 days ago#9
Da1N02 posted...
FionZyles posted...
Woohoo, Zarg beats a 6* max Buffer, HE IS OP... Seriously though as a BUFFER, Zarg cannot win CG Nichol without Entrust

What? Zarg's CD ability 1st turn is 140% all stats and 40% damage mitigation lol.. his LB is icing on the cake

With 7 turns cooldown and 3 turns duration, you cannot spam it, also 7* CG Nichol's is 150% + 40% AT BEST, and can W-cast in any combination of Stat Buff, Mitigation and Bar-ga, and that includes his Cooldown Ability

Zarg can only choose between Stat + Mitigation OR 60% Bar and his W-ability CANNOT use any kind of AoE ability including his Cooldown, his LB Cost so much that he definitely needs a entrust unit to ensure it's up every 2 turns

Also once again, beating a still-6*-unit isn't anything to proud of :/ Especially when we already knew their 7* kits
FFBE(JP) 360263426 - I am weak :(
FFBE(GL) 522490222
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Hitori_Roku

Hitori_Roku
3 days ago#10
Da1N02 posted...
Hitori_Roku posted...
Da1N02 posted...

My goodness

also zargabaath's status protection misses some important ailments, sleep and stone

Break protection, reraise, 1st turn 140% stat buffs.. has an LB that gives 150% all stats plus 50% damage mitigation for TWO turns, can dc his best abilities and sleep and stone is an after thought.. Lakshimi got that covered or simple equips at this point. Not to mention Nichol only has 10% more elemental protection than Zarg and Nichol needs to cast two abilities to get the protection Zarg has it in one move

actually he has 100% ice and water resist post enhancements
as for nichol needing 2 skills? why? you don't need resistance against 4 elements and zarg cannot dual cast bastion nor prismic barrier, so he loses a whole turn like nichol if he needs to dual cast both resist buffs either way
Da1N02 posted...

All CG Nichol has going for him now is the imbue to be quite honest... even the LB fill rate.. Rikku's pouch anyone

zarg isn't using the pouch with full dodge build, so you are losing an accessory on your healer or tank
zarg isn't providing esper filling either

of course nichol isn't doing what zarg is doing but vice versa as well
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. I think Zarg just beat out CG Nichol for best buffer/support in 7* world

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.