so 7* barbariccia seems um a little bad

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. so 7* barbariccia seems um a little bad

User Info: lightsword21

lightsword21
4 days ago#1
I mean I know it is still on the early side but it seems like she already needs enhancements meaning she is likely going to be very short lived as she is already at peak

3.5x tornado.... still bad mod and outside of her killers quite weak
Raging wind if it can still self cap is very nice at 12x

but the real kicker is right here
looming tempest 3 turns of Triple black on a 6 turn CD
Ominous forecast 150% mag for 3 turns and 300% for 1 action on turn 6 also 6 turn CD

meaning she has no self buff really, either you use her old I think cyclone shield for 3 turns or you give up a Triple cast turn else wise you need another buffer and then she still really relies on a 3.5x chain into 12x cap with 50-120% imperil which while not bad seems lack luster

Really to me seems like TT is still better, and depending on what her Mag actually can reach she might fall around Circe levels but with quad cast and being locked towards wind

Only uses I'm seeing for her is self chains with self cap, or essentially being a malp partner for when wind is effective with possible self cap if you get that to land

Disclaimer: Not counting her STMR modifiers since most people realistically don't have 4 of her

User Info: Torr

Torr
4 days ago#2
It's not stellar, unless maybe you have 2 of Barbies STMR equipped.

The STMR itself Grant's 1x mods to Tornado and Aeroja a piece.

So Barbie could get a total of 5.5x mod on Tornado with a 9x capping Aeroja.

I dont really know if that actually good. It's really not too bad.

But 8 barbies it would take... I dont even have 4 for 1.

It's pretty unfortunate. We will ha e to as qctually see how she is though. Tempest eye wall, 120% lightning and wind imperil is a very high amount. And she does have a conditional triple cast.
If you hear my theme song starting to play (https://youtu.be/IyI9DYAFNHI) you better run.

User Info: WreakHavoc

WreakHavoc
4 days ago#3
With her TMR alone, she can effectively deal 7x per Tornado to certain monster types and finish with 14x(Aeroja max cap). In a finishing chain, her Aeroja can deal up to 56x as finishing damage.

I would say she may even outperform TT is certain boss fights. One thing for sure, she still beats the rest of the recent 7* mages, aside from TT.

lightsword21
4 days ago#4
Torr posted...

It's pretty unfortunate. We will ha e to as qctually see how she is though. Tempest eye wall, 120% lightning and wind imperil is a very high amount. And she does have a conditional triple cast.

I think the wiki stats the bangle affects raging winds the 12x one that hopefully can be capped as well, but having T cast on CD and her self buffs being on separate abilities with same durations means you only really get 2 Triple cast with self buff so definitely needs a buffer of some kinda running support.

also I only have 2 of her but would rather TT on paper, I also have 2 circe, 2 7* malp, 4 Rem. She seems solid but like her life span will be short similar to Sea/Dark fina. I hope she finds use but on paper she seems like she might just fall behind out of the gate needing enhancements already meaning she can't get super buffed later from great enhancements

also I doubt anyone would go for 8 of her when TT exists and gets turn 1 quad with her own TMR

lightsword21
4 days ago#5
WreakHavoc posted...
With her TMR alone, she can effectively deal 7x per Tornado to certain monster types and finish with 14x(Aeroja max cap). In a finishing chain, her Aeroja can deal up to 56x as finishing damage.

I would say she may even outperform TT is certain boss fights. One thing for sure, she still beats the rest of the recent 7* mages, aside from TT.

I'm not sure by how much she beats circe, dragon lord is likely still leagues above her, and Sea/dark fina are definitely beat, in general TT probably wins, not for sure but emperor is likely worse unless fire is effective and only one enemy

User Info: Torr

Torr
4 days ago#6
lightsword21 posted...
Torr posted...

I think the wiki stats the bangle affects raging winds the 12x one that hopefully can be capped as well, but having T cast on CD and her self buffs being on separate abilities with same durations means you only really get 2 Triple cast with self buff so definitely needs a buffer of some kinda running support.

also I only have 2 of her but would rather TT on paper, I also have 2 circe, 2 7* malp, 4 Rem. She seems solid but like her life span will be short similar to Sea/Dark fina. I hope she finds use but on paper she seems like she might just fall behind out of the gate needing enhancements already meaning she can't get super buffed later from great enhancements

also I doubt anyone would go for 8 of her when TT exists and gets turn 1 quad with her own TMR

It does give 1.5x mod to Raging winds. Which if she had 2 of those bangles, its up to a 16x mod. We dont know if it actually caps like Aeroja though, and it has a long maxing time. 9 casts to max. That would consume all 3 turns of triple cast just to max it.

Aeroja can get up to 10x in less than half that time and we know for certain that it caps at the end of tornado.

We'll have to see. And again, this is all assuming tro stmrs lol.

Nobody is going to have that.... I dont even have that.

So barbie is a bit disappointing for sure. It would take max BiS for her to be good, and her max BiS is a serious demand.
If you hear my theme song starting to play (https://youtu.be/IyI9DYAFNHI) you better run.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Rumar

Rumar
4 days ago#7
It really feels like she needs 2x her STMR to shine which is madness...

Aside from that, Ragin Wind reads like "hi, my name is aeroja 2.0" (literally double mod). So I assume it will be able to cap chains which might save her a bit.

Just not sure what that reflect skill is supposed to do.... maybe do the displega trick and cast tornado, then Raging Wind on the party for 6x Raging Wind capping a tornado chain? Would that work? Cause THAT sounds like crazy damage.

User Info: DerDoDo

DerDoDo
4 days ago#8
Torr posted...

And 100% killers as well for certain enemies.

I think she‘ll be fine, not groundbreaking but she will have some use against mentioned enemies, especially when you can stack her 12x move and get the triple cadt in for three turns of serious damage.

Will try a bit with one with one STMR though I have to really prioritize where to put my last cactuars so she maybe has to wait a moment.
don't bend, ascend!
BE:455 327 471 -Dood-

lightsword21
4 days ago#9
Rumar posted...
It really feels like she needs 2x her STMR to shine which is madness...

Aside from that, Ragin Wind reads like "hi, my name is aeroja 2.0" (literally double mod). So I assume it will be able to cap chains which might save her a bit.

Just not sure what that reflect skill is supposed to do.... maybe do the displega trick and cast tornado, then Raging Wind on the party for 6x Raging Wind capping a tornado chain? Would that work? Cause THAT sounds like crazy damage.

raging wind is single target so nope, you'd have to go aeroja since it is aoe

Raging Wind Wind magic damage (1.2x) with consecutive damage increase (9 times, 1.2x each, 12x max) to one enemy
her biggest flaw is actually her low mag passives. with 1 materia slot needed for her tmr and 1 for quintesence/unmatched wizardy you are left with just 2 slots.
FFBE Player ID: 972,589,657
Currently sharing: 2.2k Hyoh (fire/lightning) - looking for strong 7* friends
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. so 7* barbariccia seems um a little bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.