• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Would you want a new 5-6* unit? Or a dupe to make a 7* unit?

User Info: Tenaku

Tenaku
9 months ago#1
This is just a discussion for opinions.

Now that 7* units is a thing, or will be for GL in the future, getting a copy of a 5* base unit you already have doesn't sound so bad anymore.

So what do you think now? Would you hope to obtain more dupes for more 7* units, or would you prefer to get new 5* bases that you don't have yet?

I'm on the fence on this. My only dupe 5* bases that are not free are Wilhelm and Olive. I'm going to love my upgraded Wilhelm, but I doubt I will ever get those Marshal Gloves to get Olive's BiS gear.

How about you guys?

User Info: FionZyles

FionZyles
9 months ago#2
7 star, especially crazy ass like Hyou, TT and CG Lid, you can slaughter many content with these OP units, even if you're using 3~4 star base TMRs you definitely still gonna beat tons of 6 stars with every single 5 star TMRs

Also getting dupe Chainer meaning you get one that can perfect chain with your chainer since the best Chain partner is Dupe themselves
FFBE(JP) 360,263,426 - I am weak :(
Opera Omelet 289775196 Domon - Only play fav characters :)

User Info: Fiyun

Fiyun
9 months ago#3
Dupes are a safer bet.
"And my cat may have sucked, but he was the finest sucky cat on this god-forsaken rock!" - Borderlands http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight

User Info: moot_sg

moot_sg
9 months ago#4
It depends on the unit, is the right answer.

Myself, after a certain point, diversity is more fun. 7 stars is really one answer to the problem of boring, redundant dupes.
PSN: moot_sg - Pawn:Zoot/Strider /Level 87

User Info: LordAzai

LordAzai
9 months ago#5
Definitely depends on the unit. At this point in the game, I think I'd prefer 1 of every character before dupes, simply for variety and choice of 5* TMs. But I'd definitely not scoff having dupes of certain units (namely people like Onion Knight and Elfrieda).

7* is still quite a way away, and is extremely expensive to tailor to as far as I know. So for the time being, new units are priority.
FFBE ID: 278 692 388
Gimme dem rainbows!

User Info: Cupper

Cupper
9 months ago#6
I'd like two Veritas of the Dark, please.
FFBE player since GL beta, FTP.
ID 890,561,260 - Friend Units: Onion Knight [Light, 1k Att], T.Terra [1k Mag], Wilhelm [10k HP], Veritas of the Light [800+ Mag]

User Info: jpridgen0

jpridgen0
9 months ago#7
Dupes. I gots a solid set of units now. All I need is more copies of them.

The exception to this is Sephiroth and Squall. Of course I want them. But I'd rather take dupes over everything else now.
Prompto: "If young Noctis don't trust you I'm gon shoot you"
Esco: 596,994,780

User Info: DJMeth

DJMeth
9 months ago#8
Given the number of 5* I already have, I'd take dupes over new ones.

The exceptions being OK and DV
FFBE D.J.Meth 442356072
A2,2B,Ayaka,Wilhelm,Garnet/Bahamut,Emperor

User Info: IzualUrashima

IzualUrashima
9 months ago#9
Considering I already have enough dupes for a full 5* team and I still don't have Gilgamesh, I'd take new ones over dupes.
Official Xenomart of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
Shining Soul Series Supporter, also known as "Izualego Fukushima"

User Info: MMZ

MMZ
9 months ago#10
Both.
I got enough to make a full team of 7* units including some good ones like Tidus, Aileen, and Ayaka, but I still really want a dupe for my Orlandeau, and would love a 7* Trance Terra as well, but haven't even got my first one yet.
Signature Edition Signature
FFRK: wVDR - (Sentinel Grimoire)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Would you want a new 5-6* unit? Or a dupe to make a 7* unit?
  • Topic Archived