Stupid question but do units like chow make marie not needed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Stupid question but do units like chow make marie not needed?

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
1 month ago#1
If Chow can soak up magic damage will marie still be needed??
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: Ferozban

Ferozban
1 month ago#2
? because not all elemental attacks are magic aoe attacks

User Info: les4metal

les4metal
1 month ago#3
maybe not for your specific team comp. and yeah most mag attacks are some kind of element but not all of them. and there are a lot of physical elemental attacks too...i think marie will be around for a while
Usually have Randi LV DV FV Queen Tidus Orlandu Ace TT Firion leads.......ID #010.310.589

User Info: Ferozban

Ferozban
1 month ago#4
Marie will allways keep her status she allways had:

Situational Useful

User Info: ByCrom333

ByCrom333
1 month ago#5
I use Marie for her AOE regen, too... and the AOE status resistance. So if those two abilities make a difference, then she's still useful.

Also, Marie really just helps Chow tank even better. My Chow has 55%+ to all elements, so throw in a Marie and he's straight up immune to elemental magic.
"I don't know any more than you do. These powers just come naturally to me."
* IGN: ByCrom! ID: 584 759 319 *

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
1 month ago#6
Isn't Marie only good when you need her, though? She falls under the category of situationally great.

She makes elemental attacks, regardless of physical/magic, hurt less, and not all magic damage, which Chow soaks in particular, is elemental.

You don't need her all the time, but when you do get to use her, she pretty much changes everything.
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Grand Summoners - ID: 835110716
Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board

User Info: ByCrom333

ByCrom333
1 month ago#7
IamNori posted...
Isn't Marie only good when you need her, though? She falls under the category of situationally great.

She makes elemental attacks, regardless of physical/magic, hurt less, and not all magic damage, which Chow soaks in particular, is elemental.

You don't need her all the time, but when you do get to use her, she pretty much changes everything.

She's pretty well always on my team unless I know I can OTK what I'm facing, mostly because of the AOE status immunity... I still haven't bothered farming any ribbons or anything.
"I don't know any more than you do. These powers just come naturally to me."
* IGN: ByCrom! ID: 584 759 319 *
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Stupid question but do units like chow make marie not needed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived