Saving lapis for stepup banner?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Saving lapis for stepup banner?

User Info: Randomx

Randomx
7 months ago#21
TrasHxBoaT posted...
Randomx posted...
Not saving anything, because at this point it's very likely that gumi screws that up anyway. But even then, i'll probably pull on any CG unit minus Jake and Raegan, so not much time to save.

And if they for some reason won't screw up, also this:

p862017 posted...
only step up banner worth saving for is cg hyoh

best damage dealer in jp by far

When is hyoh due out roughly in global? How come not raegen? I thought he is meant to be pretty good?
I keep tossing up between going all in for sephiroth or raegen.

Don't get me wrong, Raegan is good...but i just don't want him. I like him in the story, too. Or at least, i don't want to pull for him, if i get him off banner i'd use him. Guess some other CG unit had to suffer so that i can recharge enough tickets/lapis after Fina, Lid and Nichol.

I plan on only hard pulling for CG units anyway, that's what i do on JP and it's going rather well despite being a f2p account. As for Hyou, there is quite a gap between the last CG unit and him...maybe a month and a half after they implemented 7* is when he came out on JP iirc.
FFBE Global - ID 415.369.377 - Lolikura Lead
FFBE JP - ID 397.788.141 - 1927 ATK CG Hyou

User Info: PancakeSmasher

PancakeSmasher
7 months ago#22
Edale1 posted...
Could someone explain the step up banners for the newbies amongst us?

a step up banner is where you do several 5k lapis pulls with better rewards. the 5th is usually a guaranteed 5* from the banner. Some of the rewards have been stuff like 10% trust moogles and 5* rate up.

I hope they just reuse the sephiroth step up. I remember people posting their 5th pull and it having like 6 5* bases. I'm at 20k lapis now and should be at the needed 25k by the time that gets here.
Smashing Pancakes is not for the light hearted.

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
7 months ago#23
I saw a screenshot of a 10+1 from the Sephiroth/Lila banner with 7 rainbows. People would do a full 25k and end up with 3-4 of both banner 5*s, and a bunch of others. There's no way Gumi gives us the exact same system. If we get step ups they'll be heavily nerfed.

With them talking about possibly doing a different system and not bringing over step ups, I believe that they don't want people being guaranteed a banner rainbow after "only" 25k lapis. They want people to have to keep spending 50k+ and getting nothing.
FFBE IGN Zero, Fryevia or Dark Veritas
Everything else available on request

User Info: KeeperOfShadows

KeeperOfShadows
7 months ago#24
Cypher316 posted...
Have they confirmed step-ups are coming to global? Last I read/heard was Gumi wanted to try something different. I think it was one of the questions they answered in one of the January videos...Ramza upgrades one I think.

They did confirm step up banners would be a thing in GL, but they wouldn't say when they would introduce them. They also mentioned looking into other summoning systems, though not in the context of replacing step ups.
FFBE GL - 628 117 535
Admitted Fina Fanboy

RaidenGarai
7 months ago#25
KeeperOfShadows posted...
They did confirm step up banners would be a thing in GL, but they wouldn't say when they would introduce them. They also mentioned looking into other summoning systems, though not in the context of replacing step ups.

The other summoning system was $45.99, unless they have another gem or two to throw at us

User Info: MAZZ0Murder

MAZZ0Murder
7 months ago#26
I have 10k lapis... depending on what I see for the next banner I might just try pulling for this banner.
Friend code: 683,865,706

User Info: Irony

Irony
7 months ago#27
Saving for Nier return. Saving is f***ing hard
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgtc.com/tHc3mIo.png http://i.imgtc.com/PYxw8Lm.png

User Info: Laws_of_Woo

Laws_of_Woo
7 months ago#28
Pretty sure they've said the "step up" banners that we'll receive will not be like the ones JP got. They will be a different system of summoning.

That said, I suppose I will be in a sense. I'm dropping my stash on the FF9 banner chasing Beatrix and Eiko. After that, I'll save until Lila and then Vincent, both of which were step ups in JP.

But again, just because JP got it, doesn't mean we will, or that they'll be the same. If we do, I highly suspect them to be different.

RaidenGarai
7 months ago#29
Laws_of_Woo posted...
Pretty sure they've said the "step up" banners that we'll receive will not be like the ones JP got. They will be a different system of summoning.

That said, I suppose I will be in a sense. I'm dropping my stash on the FF9 banner chasing Beatrix and Eiko. After that, I'll save until Lila and then Vincent, both of which were step ups in JP.

But again, just because JP got it, doesn't mean we will, or that they'll be the same. If we do, I highly suspect them to be different.

If it was similar to what the did with that Ariana banner where each 10+1 gave you a shard that you could trade in for the banner rainbow, I'd be all for that, especially if you could choose which one you wanted on a multi-rainbow banner. I don't think that's the system they'd use though.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Saving lapis for stepup banner?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived