Application of Elemental Damage

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Application of Elemental Damage

User Info: Pierz

Pierz
5 months ago#1
Hey all,

Quick question: Does elemental damage get applied from all sources of a character?
For example: Orlandeu is dual-equipped with a Fire and Ice sword, and casts Divine Ruination.

Is fire, ice and light damage all given in one go on that attack? Or does Divine Ruination cancel out every other elemental damage, and fire and ice is only applied on regular attacks?

User Info: Unit3d

Unit3d
5 months ago#2
You'll deal 50% Fire and 50% Ice for every attack.

If you use an elemental move like Lightning Stab it will be 33% Fire, 33% Ice and 33% Lightning.

User Info: Kaiyen77

Kaiyen77
5 months ago#3
Divine Ruination does physical damage not light, it just adds an imperial to the element.
IGN: Kaiyen77
ID: 805,818,257

User Info: Pierz

Pierz
5 months ago#4
Ahhh okay, so it gets divided, good to know!
And forgot about DR only being an imperil, thanks for the heads up.

User Info: LordAzai

LordAzai
5 months ago#5
Another thing I've found is that with elemental chaining, it counts as elemental chaining whether the elements are the same or not. I've mixed and matched and it's seemed to work for me. If you're chaining solely for a finisher, it can help when you just need to reach the cap!
FFBE ID: 278 692 388
Cmooooon FFIX event, I need my Rose of May D:

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
5 months ago#6
What if you have two light elemental weapons equipped? It's still 100%, right? It doesn't somehow weaken it?

User Info: ff7fan321v2

ff7fan321v2
5 months ago#7
Goldninja posted...
What if you have two light elemental weapons equipped? It's still 100%, right? It doesn't somehow weaken it?

Correct. It’s still just light element.
PSN - ff7fan321 "An even shinier toy is just around the corner."
Brave Exvius - I am the Off Banner King.

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
5 months ago#8
ff7fan321v2 posted...
Goldninja posted...

Correct. It’s still just light element.

Cool. Thanks.

User Info: Windspun_Monkey

Windspun_Monkey
5 months ago#9
LordAzai posted...
Another thing I've found is that with elemental chaining, it counts as elemental chaining whether the elements are the same or not. I've mixed and matched and it's seemed to work for me. If you're chaining solely for a finisher, it can help when you just need to reach the cap!

Huh....I never realized that....

So chaining DW Orlandeau DR with Light Element and VoD Dark Punishment with a Dark Element will perfectly chain and have the elemental chain

User Info: ByCrom333

ByCrom333
5 months ago#10
Windspun_Monkey posted...
LordAzai posted...

Huh....I never realized that....

So chaining DW Orlandeau DR with Light Element and VoD Dark Punishment with a Dark Element will perfectly chain and have the elemental chain

Huh. I didn't know that either. Is this confirmed? I feel kinda silly if it's true and I didn't know.
"I don't know any more than you do. These powers just come naturally to me."
* IGN: ByCrom! ID: 584 759 319 *
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Application of Elemental Damage

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived